Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last edited:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can i play Warframe, Division, BF4 with it or will it be just another tv but on my face?

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't know about those games, but there should be quite some games coming out using the VR technology.
They (Sony) claim that there will be 50 games coming this year alone and that 230 developers are working on VR titles.

If any of your games will be compatible will depend on the developers of that game, but for example, Star Wars Battlefront is coming to VR! :woot:
I think I'll buy that game then, just to see an AT-AT walking overhead :D

Edit:
A work-in-progress list can be found here.

Looking at it, I also look forward to:
Ace Combat 7 (flying in VR!)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (for obviously the wrong reasons :lol:)
EVE: Valkyrie (flying in space in VR!)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (horror, Until Dawn had me spooked a bit sometimes, this should be times 10 at least!)

Last edited:

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is talk of CCP porting EVE:Valkerie over to the PS4 from the PC VR scene

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is talk of CCP porting EVE:Valkerie over to the PS4 from the PC VR scene
Yup, I was just busy editing my post above yours. Check for more games.

Haha, this in VR, can't wait to see what my girl will say about it

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There was a version of Alien Isolation on the PC which supported the Oculus it would be nice to see that get ported across as well.

Saying that any first person based game should be compatible with the headset with minimal tweaks

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's a lot of money for a gimmick that won't last
I'm really not too bothered if it doesn't work out for gaming however for more serious & creative applications, I'm confident it will. The reactions from punters at my recent exhibition were of genuine amazement and wonder - I'll certainly be pursuing this one.

I'm also hugely excited by the freshly announced Sulon Q:
AMD Enter The VR Race With The Sulon Q Headset

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony have good intentions but never really follow through, 3D, handhelds, move, PS tv have all been let down by lacking long term support.
If they make it compulsory for new games to have VR compatibility then it may be worth a punt.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's success still depends on a must have game to persuade people to fork out. How many will they have to sell to achieve critical mass. most games companies want to sell millions of copies of a game to judge a title a success, that's a lot of headsets to sell. Move was a decent product but never got much support, few AAA games ever found a use for it, 3d tv likewise failed to take light. I like the idea of VR but I am not sure I am so interested in basically what amounts to new way of looking at the screen that I will throw £350 at it.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm going to wait it out for many of the points @HERMAN_JELMET has outlined. I got the move and never used it. I have the PS4 camera, it hasn't been out of the box for well over a year.
I may well get it, but only when it's cheaper and has games that interest me.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And don't forget £349 isnt the only cost. You WILL need a playstation camera to play too. Thankfully I have one. @Plaxinator you should leave yours in, as some games have stealthily put in features. For instance, Alien Isolation uses the ambient sounds in your living room to alert the alien, and Until Dawn makes videos of key moments of you shitting yourself, side by side of a video of the action. Very cool.
Anyway, I'll see how much I can save by October. I'd like one, and there are about 6 manufacturers of vr headsets, so may be it really is the new big thing here to stay. A lot of money has gone into vr to just watch it fade.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am excited about this - SWARS Batllefront in VR will be sweeeeet!

I am now formulating my business proposal to my CFO to let her agree to me spending that much money on something she will never use!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A work-in-progress list can be found here.

Forget all of those and just give Sony your money now, the most exciting title in that list is..... wait for it.....
  • Job Simulator
Wow!

Cant wait to spend many hours in a lifelike 3d realistic simulation of a job!

;)

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
will star wars battlefront VR be compatible with the original, if not will there be enough players to fill the games, essentially it could split the community on a game that may already struggle to retain players long term.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Coupled with Job Simulator this means I can get a 225 inch TV for 350 quid.

This is defo on my Chrimbo list!