The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS4 PlayStation VR getting updated headset

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Martok, 2 Oct 2017.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    VR the champions.

Sony has announced a hardware update for PlayStation VR is in the works.

The updated PlayStation VR model will include a new design, packaging and an improved processor unit.

"The new version, model number CUH-ZVR2, features an updated design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable," said Sony. "There's also an updated Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit in between the TV and the PS4 system. This function can be used only when the VR headset is turned off."

Unfortunately those with the previous edition will not be able to swap the processor units, due to the cables being different, however all PS VR games will be compatible with both models.

The updated model does not have a confirmed release date yet, but will be the same price as the current PS VR bundles.

Source: PlayStation VR getting updated headset

Grooooog, c00ky, zoob and 2 others like this.
  2. Solo-nite

Solo-nite Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Solo-nite
    Sounds really good. I am interested in getting VR but it's too costly at the moment for me.

zoob likes this.
  3. NVranya

NVranya Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    NVranya
    I read the headline and was already getting annoyed that my current set would need replacing.... but thankfully there's no reason to update yet.

c00ky and zoob like this.
  4. c00ky

c00ky Good for target practice
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    c00ky-1970
    I also went through the emotions of "WHHHHAAAATTTT!" to "Phew!"

Hopefully some spaced based game I am addicted to will eventually by some miracle support PSVR...

ColSonders, NVranya and zoob like this.
  5. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    That'd be all kinds of awesome
    Valkyrie is a bit too intense for my liking.

6. Grooooog

Grooooog Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Grooooog360
    For me also there is no reason. I don't use or need HDR and the cable, oh well.
    First I thought maybe they changed the resolution, but I doubt the current PS will be able to handle that additional res.