• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Playstation TV

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Has anyone looked into this at all, it was apparently mentioned in E3 but I know that I may take full advantage of it and get one to use my ps4 in another room if I can't have access to the main tv (or feeling lazy and want to play in bed ;)).

It seems to have limited capabilites in the video and sound department (only 1080i/720p and only two channels for sound) but for less than £100 (approx £85 from amazon as preorder at the moment) it seems a useful alternative to getting a second console to game in another room.

http://uk.playstation.com/pstv/

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/what-is-ps-tv-10-things-to-know-about-playstation-tv

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive thought about it.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup, I'll get one just to see if it's any good.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Didn't even know about it, but I shan't be getting it. I wear the trousers in my house, and my boyfriends house. If I want the telly for gaming, I get the telly for gaming!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought about getting this too, but as I have a Vita its a bit pointless. Be nice to play Vita games on a big screen though, but wifey she say no. Cow!!;)

PNMotorsportUK

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I sold my Vita. As it was collecting dust.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally some details on the Europe release.
It will be released within the next two months for €99,99 or £84,99 including 3 digital Vita games (Worms Revolution Extreme, Velocity Ultra and OlliOlli).

The article is a bit too long to paste here since they included a list of supported games, but you can read it here.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finally an official date: it will be available on November 14th in Europe.

PNMotorsportUK

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm still tempted by this. And November is looking expensive. With Project CARS and GTA5.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alright, I got one and briefly toyed with it.
It's really a vita that connects to your tv or amp.
Setup is therefore a breeze and I was up and running in minutes including the inevitable system update.

I started a remote play for AC unity on my PS4 and it worked like a charm. No noticeble input lag or whatsoever. Both systems are connected via 1Gb ethernet, no wifi.

Since it's a sort of Vita, the homescreen is familiar (if you own a Vita of course).
But because it's a sort of vita there's also drawbacks:
Output is not 1080p, which I don't care much about.
What is annoying is that it doesn't stream surround sound, stereo only. I could've known, but didn't check, my bad. Since I want to play Unity I want surround!
Also, it doesn't support headsets on the controller, so no party chats.

These last two reasons will make me use it less than I hoped, but at least I can play some Vita/PS4 on my main TV now. I think I'll try a bit of worms this weekend (one of the free games with PS TV).

for now: back upstairs and rampaging through Paris :D

Last edited:

PNMotorsportUK

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I too have got my microconsole too.

Its so small. Been playing Killzone Mercenary on the big screen. And my classic PSP games too such as Gran Turismo and F1 2009. Oh and Socom Fireteam Bravo 1 and 3.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Eurogamer has reviewed the PlayStation TV. At the end they say:

With more robust media support, improved game compatibility, a decent amount of onboard RAM and the inclusion of an actual controller, a £70 PlayStation TV could be the ultimate all-in-one streaming micro-console, and PS4 Remote Play would be the icing on the cake as a decent value-added extra. As it is, the under-specced, overpriced launch product we have here is more of a tech curiosity as opposed to the must-have entry-level console it could have been.
You can read the full review here:

Eurogamer PlayStation TV Review