Multi PlayStation Plus Update

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great update this month (and last) @Martok - looking forward to unlocking the full version of TrackMania Turbo and promptly losing breakfast in VR mode!

Speaking of which, if you haven't already do try the WipEout HD VR update, seriously stunning stuff.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Q*Bert is still as annoying as I remember it though the skills haven't gone completely, which is nice.

The full version of Trackmania is a lot of fun & it's great that the times set in the demo have transferred over. Haven't tried VR mode yet but will do soon.

To all playing Mad Max for the first time, enjoy!

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Q*Bert is still as annoying as I remember it though the skills haven't gone completely, which is nice.
The full version of Trackmania is a lot of fun & it's great that the times set in the demo have transferred over. Haven't tried VR mode yet but will do soon.
To all playing Mad Max for the first time, enjoy!
Tried the Trackmania VR mode with the demo and it was real fun. I am looking forward to play that after testing some tracks on the WE.
Downloaded Q*Bert only on the Vita to check it out and was not even bothered to download Mad Max.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Tried the Trackmania VR mode with the demo and it was real fun. I am looking forward to play that after testing some tracks on the WE.
Downloaded Q*Bert only on the Vita to check it out and was not even bothered to download Mad Max.
Hoping to get on TT soon.

Re: Mad Max, it's a decent title and I'll want to d/l it so I don't have to swap discs, should the urge ever hit again. Made it quite far through though was sidetracked by the next shiny before completion...

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Your PlayStation Plus games for May: Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends
Risen 3: Titan Lords, Eat Them, King Oddball and Furmins also join the monthly line-up

So, April’s been quiet, huh? No big games happening anywhere on PlayStation at all. Of course, I’m kidding! If you haven’t had a chance to dive into Sony Santa Monica’s critically-acclaimed God of War then let us assure you, you’ve got something spectacular to look forward to.

And that’s all we’re going to say – there are no spoilers here on PlayStation Blog. Besides, we came here to do a job and that job, like always, is to unveil next month’s PlayStation Plus titles. April was a bit motor-mad and dystopian, so for May we’ve got something a little different lined-up:

Beyond: Two Souls

With Detroit: Become Human set to launch in less than a month, what better time to catch up with the work of veteran French studio Quantic Dream?

Not only a technical showcase in its own right, Beyond: Two Souls not only raised the bar for true-to-life visuals in the last generation but also broadened the scope for interactive narrative in gaming.

Featuring phenomenal performances throughout from A-list acting talent, and a complex web of branching narratives, few games combine such high production values with such nuanced narrative-driven gameplay.

Rayman Legends

One of the high watermarks for the 2D platforming genre, few games demonstrate a greater level of polish or more distinctive artistic direction that Rayman Legends.

Ubisoft Montpellier’s Rayman Legends combines everything the studio has learnt during two decades of development, bringing together a vast cast of playable characters, dozens of varied stages, incredible hand-drawn 2D visuals and a range of multiplayer options.

If you love varied platforming challenges, hunting for secrets or bouncing along to a mariachi-styled reimagining of Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger (think Guitar Hero meets high-speed platforming), then this might just be the very thing for you.

Anything else?
As usual, we’ve two additional titles for both PS3 and PS Vita. The final line-up looks like this:

All these titles will be available to download for PS Plus members on Tuesday 1st May, which leaves a few days spare to pick up anything from last month’s line-up you might have missed. A reminder of those:

And, that’s it for another month – I’ll see you again towards the end of May!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't have either of the two.
All good in the hood.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS+ titles are available now.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
XCOM 2 and Trials Fusion are your PlayStation Plus games for June
Squares, Atomic Ninjas, Zombie Drive HD and Ghost Recon Future Soldier also join the line-up

Well, here we are folks! Summer is just around the corner: the season of long, lazy evenings, outdoor eating and sun-soaked family holidays. We hope you’ve made some nice plans for the months ahead but, while you’re gallivanting around enjoying the weather, don’t forget your old pal PlayStation.

When it rains (and it probably will) or the sun goes down (a safe bet), you’ll need a friend with a little ‘indoor’ charm to keep the spirits high. The good news is that we’ll be here all summer long dishing out great new games every month on PlayStation Plus, so come rain or shine, you can count on us!

And, wouldn’t you know it? It’s that time again – time to see what’s in store for PS Plus members come 5th June:

XCOM 2

Let’s start with the bad news: your beloved Earth has been overrun by a technologically-advanced, militaristic alien race with a soft spot for human annihilation and the only official human resistance (XCOM) has either surrendered, been killed in action or disappeared into hiding.

Not off to a good start, then… but that’s where you come in: rebuild the XCOM council from humanity’s scattered resistance and begin a campaign to overthrow the colonising alien forces. Develop your underground bunker into a fully-fledged base of operations from which to launch turn-based tactical operations to retake key locations, collect resources from the field, win humanity’s trust and finally send those extra-terrestrial invaders packing.

A smart blend of real-time strategy, RPG mechanics and resource management, XCOM 2 is the perfect game to sink a serious play session into.

Trials Fusion

They don’t make them like this anymore – but they absolutely should. The latest in the long-running Trials franchise, Fusion follows the classic formula, placing you behind the bars of a trials motorcycle and inviting you to undertake a death-defying series of flips, jumps and aerial stunts, all in pursuit of big thrills and high scores.

It’s not just about hitting the throttle and hoping the best though – modelled on meticulous real-world physics, the true challenge of Trails Fusion is in carefully judging your jumps, properly distributing your weight and keep a keen eye on the track ahead.

Go it alone, boot up online multiplayer and challenge your friends or even create your own tracks using the in-built track editor and see what chaotic trials runs you can come up with.

Anything else?
Naturally! Alongside these two beauties there’re four further titles: two for PS Vita and two more for PS3. Put that all together and June’s line-up looks like this:

All these will be available to download from PlayStation Store on the 5th June – until then, there’s a still a week left to pick up any titles you’ve missed from last month. A quick reminder of those:

And that’s all for this month – join us again next month as we unveil July’s PS Plus line-up.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great spot. I have it on disc but means I can give it a whirl with the lady. :)
I've yet to try it (and will do so at some point) though from my experience of previous CoD games, I much prefer Battlefield which seems to me to be more team/squad focused (CoD always seemed to be more every-man-for-himself in its gameplay) and you can still do well in Battlefield without being a great killer by supporting your team with heals & revives from the medic and ammo from the support. Of course Battlefield 1 isn't free like CoD Black Ops 3 is, but it is currently a great price at £11.99 for the game + premium pass or £7.99 for premium pass only for those who have the base game already. Plus Battlefield 1 has the added benefit that several Seniors are now regularly playing it again (me, @Plaxinator, @HaloJ and @Dogstar) with a couple of other Seniors also joining at times. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've yet to try it (and will do so at some point) though from my experience of previous CoD games, I much prefer Battlefield which seems to me to be more team/squad focused (CoD always seemed to be more every-man-for-himself in its gameplay) and you can still do well in Battlefield without being a great killer by supporting your team with heals & revives from the medic and ammo from the support. Of course Battlefield 1 isn't free like CoD Black Ops 3 is, but it is currently a great price at £11.99 for the game + premium pass or £7.99 for premium pass only for those who have the base game already. Plus Battlefield 1 has the added benefit that several Seniors are now regularly playing it again (me, @Plaxinator, @HaloJ and @Dogstar) with a couple of other Seniors also joining at times. :)
I have BO3 on disc as well. Might sell it now that we have it free on PS+
Maybe we could have a COD SNR night and all stick together as a team. That should confuse the little blighters :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Your PlayStation Plus games for July are Absolver and Heavy Rain
Call of Duty: Black Ops III is also available to download as a special bonus until 11th July.

Phew! Well, that was one heck of an E3. Not only did we get to show off a whole raft of awesome exclusives, we also kick-started our massive Summer of Plus campaign, which will be bringing exclusive benefits to PS Plus members all throughout the summer.

During our E3 Showcase we announced Call of Duty: Black Ops III would be joining PS Plus as a special bonus title, available to download until 11th July (you can grab it here) and we’ll have more exclusive discounts and extras in the weeks and months ahead. Stay tuned for all that and more, or head over to PlayStation.com for all the latest offers.

Just like always, we’ve also got our monthly line-up of games and wouldn’t you know it, it’s that time of the month again. The following are available for download from 3rd July:

Absolver

Dust off your knuckles, it’s time to get your hands dirty. Part RPG, part fighting game, part shared-world online brawler, Absolver stands alone as something a little bit different.

What’s really special is how well it all meshes: playing either PVE or PVP you’ll set out into the lost empire of Adal as a humble prospect and build your own combat style as you progress, picking up weapons, meeting new combatants to hone your skills against or befriending fellow travellers to spar with, trade secrets and impart fighting wisdom.

If you’re looking for a unique online experience to play with or against friends and enjoy mastering deep gameplay mechanics, Absolver is the perfect thing for you.

Heavy Rain

Hot on the heels of the hugely successful Detroit: Become Human we’re keeping the Quantic Dream train rolling throughout July by revisiting its break-out PS3 exclusive Heavy Rain.

Set in a rain-soaked recreation of Philadelphia, you’ll follow the trail of a mysterious serial murderer known as the ‘Origami Killer’, through the actions of four main characters, each connected somehow to the criminal.

You’ll be challenged to make tough decisions and search for clues that will help track down the killer and save a missing child.

A deep, atmospheric narrative-driven gameplay experience, Heavy Rain established the branching story-telling approach which has become Quantic Dream’s signature. Remastered now for PS4, the game looks and plays better than ever. If you love a slow-burning crime drama, or have only recently discovered the studio’s work, then you’re in for a treat.

Anything else?
We’re topping off those two titles with a pair of games each for PS3 and PS Vita leaving July’s final line-up looking like this:

Not only this, as mentioned above Call of Duty: Black Ops III, is also available from now until 11th July as part of the monthly games line-up, so grab it while you can.

July’s regular line-up will be available to download on PlayStation Store from 3rd July. That leaves you with a few days to grab any games you might have missed from June:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Heavy Rain is great, played it on PS3. Was going to buy it, glad I held off!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mafia III and Dead by Daylight are your PlayStation Plus games for August
And download Knowledge is Power and Here They Lie as special PS Plus bonus titles

If you’re sat reading this in naught but your underwear, with a bag of ice tucked under each arm and an electric fan whispering sweet nothings in your general direction then please know that we don’t blame you, friend – we really don’t.

As the scorching summer continues to roast much of the northern hemisphere, here at PlayStation we’ve been using the good weather as an excuse to celebrate all things PlayStation Plus.

Continuing the Summer of Plus, this week members can pick-up extra savings in our massive Summer Sale, grab some cheeky freebies for Fortnite, Fallout Shelter and H1Z1: Battle Royale and next week, you’ll be able to download two additional bonus titles alongside your usual monthly games.

And on the subject of monthly games, it’s that time again. Here are the titles you can download from 7th August:

Mafia III

First up this month, we’re heading back to the not-so-swinging ’60s of America’s inner-city ‘Deep South’ for a brutal story of criminal enterprise, family feuds and bitter racial tensions.

As returning African-American war veteran Lincoln Clay, it’ll be up to you to cut a trail of destruction through the seedy underworld of New Bordeaux – a re-imagined version of New Orleans -settling scores with old rivals, forging new alliances and building a criminal empire.

A slick open-world action adventure that combines driving, shoot-outs and exploration, Mafia III’s refreshingly different setting and tight scripting make for a tense and immersive experience.

Dead by Daylight

Staying with a distinctly cinematic theme, this month’s second title takes a hot slice of ’80s pulp horror and mixes it with modern asymmetric multiplayer to create one of the most unique online experiences on PS4.

The set-up is straight-forward: four players enter a nightmarish online arena and must work together to escape a fifth player, a lone maniacal killer whose job it is to dispatch them before they can escape.

What mixes up each round is the variety of players you’re matched with. Their motivations – (are they out for themselves or the whole team?), their evasion skills and approach to collaboration makes all the difference.

The cherry on the top? You can play as – or indeed, run like hell from – iconic big screen charmers like Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger and Leatherface – as if childhood nightmares hadn’t scarred you enough!

PS Plus Bonus titles
As part of the Summer of Plus we’re also throwing in two additional titles to keep you busy this month, one for PlayLink and another for PlayStation VR.

Knowledge is Power

The perfect game for those long, lazy summer evenings, Knowledge is Power pits up to six players against one another in a race to the top of the Pyramid of Knowledge. Inch your way up by answering questions, completing tasks and occasionally trying to trip up your fellow contestants, all in the name of jolly-good fun.

And you can put those Dualshock controllers down – as a Playlink title, Knowledge is Power needs nothing but your handy smart phone.

Here They Lie

Dark psychological horror meets the unparalleled immersion of PlayStation VR – what could possibly go wrong?

An excellent test of nerve for those with gumption, Here They Lie is a surreal, unsettling journey through an otherworldly realm filled with strange, malevolent creatures and unpredictable environments.

Brave its horrors and you’ll uncover a mystery buried at the heart of this feverish nightmare and perhaps answers to questions you’d dared not even ask – and you thought you’d sweated enough this summer!

Anything else?
As usual, we’ll be adding two additional games for both PS3 and PS Vita to the line-up. The final roster looks like this:

All these will be available to download from 7th August – that leaves you a full week to grab any of last month’s PS Plus titles you might have missed:

And that’s all, folks – let us know how you get on with August’s games over on Twitter and Facebook and we’ll catch you next month!

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A Good month of goodies thought have the two main games for pc but would rather play them on PS$

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Destiny 2 and God of War III: Remastered are your PlayStation Plus games for September
Here They Lie and Knowledge is Power also remain as bonus titles all month long

So, hands up, who’s dying their pyjama’s red and blue and running around the house with cans of silly string? Us too. Yes, Marvel’s Spider-Man is now mere days away from launch and we’re just as excited as you.

That said, here at PlayStation Blog we have to keep our cool, because we’ve also got a slew of brand-new PlayStation Plus titles to unveil and boy, is this month a big one.

Let’s take a look at September’s games:

Destiny 2
It’s been just shy of year since Bungie’s fantastic follow-up to sci-fi shooter Destiny hit PlayStation 4 and, as the first anniversary rolls around, we’re very excited to announce that Destiny 2 is joining PlayStation Plus today.

A thoughtful evolution of the 2014 smash hit, Destiny 2 brings together retooled core systems, new sub-classes, armour and progression paths, and an explosive new cinematic campaign.

With the last city on Earth overrun and The Traveller in bondage, it’ll be up to a few plucky Guardians to reclaim the power of the light and send new big-bad Ghaul and his Red Legion packing.

If you not had a chance to experience Destiny 2 yet, now is the perfect time to jump in: a massive expansion, dubbed ‘Forsaken’, is poised to launch next week, bringing new story quests, multiplayer modes and more. Time to get up to speed, Guardian!

As an added bonus, on 1st September all Destiny 2 players can play Forsaken’s newest game mode, Gambit, free for 24 hours. This all-new hybrid 4v4 mode combines the best of PVE an PVP. Two teams of four race to summon a Primeval boss and be the first to take it down. Disrupt the other team by sending enemies to their side or invade directly with one of your own players.

God of War III: Remastered*
Before he put down roots in the snowy wilds of Midgard, legendary Dad-of-Boy Kratos used to spend his days facing off against the Olympian pantheon in the sun-kissed climes of ancient Greece.

It was a quest for bloody retribution that came to a head in the critically-acclaimed God of War III, wherein, having put almost the entirety of Greek mythology to the sword, Kratos finally came face-to-face with his greatest adversary Zeus.

Those who’ve played 2018’s God of War might already be spoiled on the outcome of that particular confrontation, but if you’ve never tried any of Kratos’ original adventures, then this is not to be missed.

Thoroughly polished-up for PS4, God of War III: Remastered represents a high-point for the series’ original formula, combining colossal set pieces with tight, brutal combat, stunning visual design, and a huge selection of puzzles and platforming challenges.

God of War III: Remastered will be available to download from 4th September.

PS Plus bonus titles
Last month, we beefed up our monthly offering with two bonus titles to download on PS4: Knowledge is Power for PlayLink and Here They Lie for PlayStation VR. We’re happy to announce that both titles remain in the PlayStation Plus line up throughout September – so if you missed them last month, don’t panic!

Knowledge is Power

The perfect game for those long, lazy summer evenings, Knowledge is Power pits up to six players against one another in a race to the top of the Pyramid of Knowledge. Inch your way up by answering questions, completing tasks and occasionally trying to trip-up your fellow contestants, all in the name of jolly-good fun. And you can put those Dualshock controllers down – as a Playlink title, Knowledge is Power needs nothing but your handy smart phone.

Here They Lie

An excellent test of nerve for those with gumption, Here They Lie is a surreal, unsettling journey through an otherworldly realm filled with strange, malevolent creatures and unpredictable environments.

Brave its horrors and you’ll uncover a mystery buried at the heart of this feverish nightmare and perhaps answers to questions you’d dared not even ask – and you thought you’d sweated enough this summer!

Anything else?
As with previous months, we’ll be adding in two games apiece for both PS3 and PS Vita, three of which – thanks to the magic of Cross-Buy – you’ll also be able to download on PS4. The final line-up then, looks like this:

As mentioned above, Destiny 2 will be available to download today. All other titles will be available to download on 4th September. Until then, you still have a few days left to pick up last month’s games .

And that’s it – we’ll be back next month with more. In the meantime, let us know how you get on with this month’s titles over on Twitter and Facebook.

*Quick note: God of War III: Remastered is not available in the Middle East. PS Plus members there will be able to download rodent-themed, real-time strategy game Tooth and Tail instead.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I feel pissed off at Destiny 2 being on PS+

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I feel pissed off at Destiny 2 being on PS+
It's been out for a year and promotion / an opportunity for Bungie to a) make more money selling the DLC & Season Pass to folks that otherwise may not have bothered with Destiny full stop and b) boosts the waning fan base, just in time to become fodder for the more experienced players returning to try Forsaken. I'd say it was quite a calculated move.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh okay I will try Destiny 2, I shall give it the benefit of the doubt, for now.