Multi PlayStation Plus Update

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture heads up November’s PlayStation Plus line-up
Atlus’ sci-fi romp The Deadly Tower Of Monsters also inbound

Today we’re happy to share your PlayStation Plus games for November. Have a happy Halloween and enjoy this month’s games!

First up this month we have Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. The talented developers at The Chinese Room bring us what many call the spiritual successor to Dear Esther. Set in a small, deserted English town, it’s your job to find out what happened to its missing inhabitants. Featured on several game-of-the year lists, this is a beautiful title with an incredible soundtrack.

Next up is The Deadly Tower of Monsters. Have you ever wanted to play through your favourite sci-fi B-movie as if it were a video game? Of course you have. That is exactly what Atlus and developers ACE team have made happen. Add in a clever director’s commentary and there’s a lot to enjoy in this sci-fi cult classic.

Here’s the full line-up, available to download from 1st November:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Awesome, glad I never got round to buying Everybody's Gone to the Rapture now.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
More boring than Gone Home!?
About the same, I played EGTTR for longer because a few people had said it was a great story, it wasn't. I dropped Gone Home very quickly because it seemed like the same deal.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I liked it, but I appreciate you don't do anything in it except follow the rails. I thought the story was good, the kinda thing the BBC used to do as a drama.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PlayStation Plus in December: Invisible Inc., Stories: The Path of Destinies, more
Hyper Void, Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, Colour Guardians, VVVVVV also inbound

Greetings, gamers. A bit of winter chill might be creeping in now December is upon us, but the PlayStation Plus monthly games are here to help heat things up. We’ve got some exciting titles to keep you entertained throughout your holiday hibernation.

Here’s what you can play from 6th December:
Stories: The Path of Destinies
Humour, heroics, action-packed adventure, this game has all the makings of the perfect holiday entertainment. Play as the rogue Reynardo, a pirate fox in a fateful battle against an oppressive emperor. There will be many choices to make along the perilous journey and they are not to be taken for granted, sometimes a simple task such as retrieving a weapon lost at the beginning of time can mean sacrificing the life of an old friend.

Invisible, Inc.
Take control of up to 10 invisible agents as you infiltrate the world’s most dangerous corporations in Klei Entertainment’s acclaimed adventure. A stealth game like no other, you’ll have to use your wits to build winning strategies as you adapt and explore a number of randomly-generated locations around the world.

Why settle for fun on just one platform when there’s more to games to get stuck into on PS3 and PS Vita. It’s games galore this winter with space battles in cross-dimensional wormholes in Hyper Void (PS3), bite-sized arcade shooter Tiny Troopers Join Ops (PS4, PS3 & PS Vita), vibrant worlds with tricky obstacles in Color Guardians (PS4 & PS Vita), and notorious platformer VVVVV (PS Vita).

Last chance!
The following titles are leaving PlayStation Plus on 5th November; don’t miss out – download them now!

Community
Thanks to everyone who got involved in naming our PlayStation Plus theme bear – Bearnard.

Bearnard is available to download free for all PlayStation Plus members today. Head on over to the PlayStation Store to check out this very gracious bear on a bike: Bearnard’s Season Tour.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange are your PlayStation Plus games for June
Abyss Odyssey, WRC5, Neon Chrome and Spy Chameleon also join the line-up
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/author/mgroizard/

Ah, June… that magical time of the year when the northern hemisphere slaps on the sun cream, the southern hemisphere reaches for a raincoat and gaming websites and forums all across the internet become a bubbling soup of E3 speculation.

Yup, with biggest event in the gaming calendar careening towards us at breakneck speed, join us for a quick pit stop and we’ll let you in on a cheeky early announcement: your PlayStation Plus games for June*!

Killing Floor 2
Zombies, guns, friends… you know, sometimes if it’s not broken you’ve just got to leave it be. Then again, you could just dial everything up to eleven and go nuts, right?

This is the Killing Floor 2 recipe. First off, take a typical zombie horde mode and swap out the shambling undead with a mob of half-mecha-half-meat monstrosities covered in razor blades and rocket launchers.

Next, ratchet up the player count and layer the mayhem with some totally over-the-top weapons, classes and perks. Finally, baste all of that in a hundred gallons of blood and guts and garnish with a fistful of metal music.

Et voila: it’s brutal, uncompromising and a hell of a lot of fun – but, if you’ve ever wanted to see what happens to a humble FPS horde-mode when you pump it full of steroids, then look no further.

Life is Strange
You can’t say we don’t enjoy a little variety here on the big ship PS Plus. About as far a cry as you could get from Killing Floor 2’s casual blood bath, indie darling Life is Strange eschews the big action for a slower, more meditative piece of interactive storytelling riddled with clever sci-fi plot twists and thoughtfully nuanced characters.

At first glance, it’s a non-too-remarkable tour through the daily travails of your average secondary school student. However, Life is Strange slickly transforms the mundane into the extraordinary over the course of its five connected episodes, with life – quite literally – spiralling out of control as each character wrestles with their regret, loss and missed opportunity.

As always, our two PS4 titles are joined by four further titles for both PS3 and PS Vita players, all of which leaves June’s full line-up looking like this:

As noted above, PS4 players will also be able to download and play Neon Chrome – a frenetic, top-down, cyberpunk shooter – via the loveable magic of Cross-buy.

June’s titles will go live on PlayStation Store on 6th of June, leaving you just over a week to pick up any of the last month’s titles you might’ve missed. Here’s a little reminder:

*Titles may differ in your region.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to trying Killing Floor 2.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What's it like then? :)
I don't think I'm qualified to say. I got to play it for 5 - 10 minutes. It seems okay but it's nothing like Nazi Zombies from what I can tell.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think I'm qualified to say. I got to play it for 5 - 10 minutes. It seems okay but it's nothing like Nazi Zombies from what I can tell.
Funnily enough I dipped my toe back into The New Blood today - quite intense!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Belter of a lineup - almost bought Until Dawn in the last sale, on @Dogstar 's emphatic recommendation!

Your PlayStation Plus games for July are Until Dawn, That’s You and Game of Thrones

Plus, Tokyo Jungle, Darkstalkers Resurrection, more also join the line-up

By Matthew Groizard

Content Producer, SIEE

Whoa – well, that was one heck of a month for gamers, eh? We hope you all enjoyed this year’s big E3 PlayStation Media Showcase as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Getting to share all the amazing things we have going on over here at PlayStation is always hugely exciting.

One of our announcements at E3 this year was the new PlayLink range – a series of games tailor-made for group play with your friends and family that you control via your smartphone or tablet. No additional Dualshock 4s required! We’re really happy to debut the first PlayLink title – That’s You – in next month’s PS Plus line-up, in addition to your normal quota of games!

So, let’s lift the lid on what PlayStation Plus members will be tucking into when July’s games hit PlayStation Store on Tuesday 4th July.

First up, it’s fright time…

Until Dawn
Yes, those of a delicate disposition might want to grab a friend before firing this one up. Supermassive Games’ critically-acclaimed love letter to the classic slasher flick is this month’s first game.

Follow eight typical high-school teenagers out to an isolated mountain lodge to commemorate the tragic loss of two friends and watch as power outages, unexplained disappearances and a healthy dose of hormonal high-jinx transform the momentous gathering into a desperate fight for survival.

As things spiral drastically out of control it will be down to your split second decision making to save each hapless character from meeting a grisly end. Will you be able to keep your nerve?

Game of Thrones – A Telltale Series
This month’s second title transports PS Plus members to the equitable and fair-minded land of Westeros, where absolutely nobody ever died in a terrible or tragic way… ever.

As any of you familiar with the award-winning Game of Thrones TV series will know, I’m pulling your leg. In this original story from the talented team at Telltale Games, you’ll take control of the Forrester family – a noble and long-standing house from the north of Westeros with deep loyalties to the Starks.

Caught up in the War of the Five Kings, it’ll be up to you to guide the beset members of the Forrester family through a maelstrom of bloody warfare, revenge and intrigue as the northern kingdoms begin to tear themselves apart.

Once again, who makes it out alive will be up to you.

That’s You
As a special post-E3 treat, from 4th July PlayStation Plus members will also be able to download That’s You as part of their membership.

In this irreverent party quiz – the first release from the new PlayLink range – you and up to five of your friends and family get to find out what you really think about each other. With your TV, PS4 and a tablet or smartphone in hand, answer over 1,000 funny questions, take part in daring doodle challenges, snap selfies for photo challenges and more.

The better you know your fellow players, the more points you’ll pick up.

As always, our PlayStation 4 line-up is joined by four other games – two apiece for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. All of which leaves the full line-up for July looking like this:

• Until Dawn – PS4
  • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4
  • That’s You – PS4 (4th July onwards)
  • Tokyo Jungle – PS3
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3
  • Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)
  • Element4l – PS Vita
July’s titles will be available to download from 4th July, meaning you still have a couple of days left to pick up any of June’s titles you might have missed:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm annoyed at Game of Thrones. They only just discounted it in the sale in May so I only went and bought it.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm annoyed at Game of Thrones. They only just discounted it in the sale in May so I only went and bought it.
I was a gnat's breath away from buying Until Dawn.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Your PlayStation Plus games for August are Just Cause 3 and Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry
Super Motherload, Snake Ball, Downwell and Level 22 also join the line-up

Greetings one and all and welcome to the red-hot reveal for the PlayStation Plus July line-up. We hope you’ve all had fun dodging saw blades, meat-hooks and the occasional backstabbing in this month’s macabre selection of titles? We’re happy to confirm we’ve got all manner of mayhem coming your way on 1st August. Without further ado, let’s take a peek.

Just Cause 3
If last month’s slightly more slow-burning mood left you hankering for something a bit more bonkers then look no further. An over-the-top cavalcade of pure, destructive chaos, Just Cause 3 delivers an open-world third-person romp with all the catharsis and tongue-in-cheek dialogue of a classic ’80s action movie.

As Rico Rodriguez, it’ll be up to you to sire political change in your troubled homeland of Medici through a thoughtful application of rocket launchers, wingsuits, grappling hooks and high explosives. Revolution is never easy, but as the old saying goes: if at first you don’t succeed, tie two helicopter gunships together with a grappling hook, cover them in C4 and smash them into an oil refinery… (you can actually do this).

Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry
If, on the other hand, you’re hankering after something a bit more stealthy – and have a soft spot for the high seas – then the mast-straddling, throat-slitting adventures of Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry could be just the very thing.

Set several decades after the piratical exploits of young Edward Kenway, this standalone expansion to Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag places you into the boots of shipwrecked sailor and Brotherhood assassin Adéwalé as he goes head to head with a cadre of French slavers. Expect death-defying acrobatics, copious bloodletting and a few pesky Templars trying to do something dastardly.

As per usual, our PS4 games are joined by four other titles on PS Plus this August. Your full line up looks like this:

These titles will be available to download from 1st August, meaning you’ve another few days to download July’s titles:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have to say, I wasn't a massive fan of Just Cause 2 or the Assassin's Creed franchise but I really can't complain at this offering and for free, am happy to give them a try on the current Gen. :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Your PlayStation Plus games in September include Infamous: Second Son, RIGS & Child of Light

Well, that’s August in the bag. On the horizon, the big guns of Destiny, FIFA, Star Wars and Call of Duty begin to ready their cannons for the run up to Christmas (don’t panic, there are still 117 days to go) and it promises to be an epic end to 2017.

Before we wade in the chaos of another explosive winter though, let us pause for a moment and unveil our own arsenal of explosives primed and ready for PS Plus in September – prepare yourself: it’s a heck of a payload!

inFAMOUS: Second Son
If superheroes are you’re thing then this one’s for you. He might not be a comic book icon with a box-office tie-in and a branded lunchbox, nor does he look terribly fetching in lyrca, but Delsin Rowe does have the super powers – lots of them.

The third instalment in the hugely successful inFAMOUS franchise, inFAMOUS: Second Son transports the action to an alternate reality Seattle where super human ‘conduits’ are being hunted by the state. Awakened to his remarkable powers by a chance encounter with another conduit, Delsin travels from his homely rural reservation into the heart of the besieged city with a score to settle.

Fireball comet drops, neon-light wall-running, concrete fisty-cuffs – use your powers for good or evil as you traverse a huge open-world recreation of the American North-west’s Emerald City.

Child of Light
Leaving behind the tattooed tearaways of Seattle, next up we have the beautiful and dreamlike fairy-tail RPG Child of Light. An impressive combination of painterly, hand-drawn visuals and song-like rhyming narrative, it was an early gem for the PlayStation 4.

You take on the role of Aurora, the ill-fated daughter of an Austrian Duke, who finds herself mysteriously transported to a magical kingdom blighted by the grip of eternal night. As the fated Child of Light, you must venture across the imperilled land in search of a means to restore light and happiness to the world and oust its evil overseer.

A clever combination of turn-based combat, role-playing character development and puzzle/platforming, this charming 2D adventure combines the best of traditional and modern game design.

Bonus game: RIGS Mechanised Combat League
Two down and more to go! As a special bonus this month, PS Plus subscribers will also be able to download PlayStation VR launch title RIGS.

Designed and built exclusively for PS VR, RIGS places you into the cockpit of a mechanical sporting titan known as a ‘RIG’ and launches you into a competitive sports league that combines first person shooter combat with team-based tactics and… erm slam-dunking yourself through a giant gold hoop.

It’s as chaotic and exhilarating as it sounds. Moreover, as you move through the league you’ll unlock new RIGs and upgrades, each tuned towards a specific role or playstyle that will broaden your options inside the arena.

It’s exactly the sort of gaming experience virtual reality was conceived to realise, where complete immersion and tactical awareness of your surrounding shapes how you play and your chance at winning.

Bonus game: That’s You
Last, but definitely not least, we have one further bonus for PS4 users. PlayLink title That’s You, available throughout July and August, will be also be available for those who missed it all throughout September as well.

In this irreverent party quiz you and up to five of your friends and family get to find out what you really think about each other. With your TV, PS4 and a tablet or smartphone in hand, answer over 1,000 funny questions, take part in daring doodle challenges, snap selfies for photo challenges and more.

Anything else?
As always, the PS4 line-up is joined by four additional titles – two apiece for both PS3 and PS Vita – which leaves the final line-up looking like this:

All the above will be available on PlayStation Store from 5th September, meaning you’ve still got a few days left to grab any of the August titles you might have missed. A quick reminder, in case you missed them: