1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi PlayStation Plus Update

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Martok, 18 Jul 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    ‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Update – 18th July 2012

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

It’s the middle of July, it’s time for an update to Your Instant Game Collection!

Two new titles for you this week, from Wednesday’s Store update.

[​IMG]

The first is Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light (84), a fantastic isometric co-op adventure, starring everyone’s favourite grave robber.

With Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, enjoy a classic formula of combat, exploration, puzzles, and breathtaking visuals in this fast-paced arcade experience. Team up with a friend or go at it alone as you traverse deadly traps, fight hordes of undead enemies, and collect dozens of weapons, artefacts and relics.

Our friends from Square Enix have also thrown in all five downloadable content packs at 50% off, including three sets of challenges and story missions, as well as two sets of character skins that let you play as either Raziel and Kain (from the Legacy of Kain series) or Kane and Lynch.

All these packs will be 50% off exclusively for Plus-members for two weeks from Wednesday.

[​IMG]

The second addition this week is Saints Row 2 (82), the craziest sandbox ever to grace the gaming world and another one you’ll recognise from SCEA’s Plus re-launch line-up.

Saints Row 2 brings true freedom to open-world gaming. Limitless customisation, multiplayer co-op, competitive multiplayer and killer combat are just a few of the features that make Saints Row 2 the most over the top sandbox in gaming.

Vehicles can be fully customised along with your crib. The full co-op story campaign has seamless integration (for example, one player drives while the other shoots). An array of awesome vehicles like planes, helicopters, motorcycles, boats and cars can be piloted and used as weapons. Over 40 missions, new activities, diversions, races, weapons, vehicles, cribs, city districts, and interiors make Stilwater over 50% larger than before.

Saints Row 2 also comes with three fantastic add-on packs to fill out your experience, and of course, they’re 50% off for the first two weeks, again exclusively for Plus-members.

This week we’ve also got a launch discount on NASCAR 2011, 20% off for the next month, giving you the chance to drive around and around in a gigantic circle at high speeds without risking grizzly death.

And on the 25th July, we’ll be launching Foosball 2012 from Grip Digital, again at 20% off for a full month from launch. Best of all, if you buy the PS3 version, you’ll get the PS Vita version absolutely free!

Put a date in your diary, 1st August is our next big update to Your Instant Game Collection, when we wave goodbye to Deus Ex: Human Revolution and replace it with the next big hitting Game of the Month.

What will it be? Time will tell. I won’t. But I might drop some hints again because we all had a good laugh.

Oh, just one last thing, there are some pretty nice bonus items to grab in August. More on that in two weeks.

See you in the comments!

The Instant Game Collection

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection

Don’t forget the eight other fantastic games available to download for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

[​IMG]

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (89)

THE TRUTH WILL CHANGE YOU. To save his life after a deadly attack, Adam Jensen had no choice but to become physically augmented with cybernetics. Driven by his need for answers, he soon finds himself chasing down leads all over the world. The choices he makes, as he unravels a vast conspiracy, will help determine the fate of humanity.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be available until 1st August 2012

[​IMG]

Darksiders (83)

Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between heaven and hell. Dishonored and stripped of his powers, War must return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.

Darksiders will be available until 15th August 2012

[​IMG]

Renegade Ops (80)

Renegade Ops is the most explosive experience on PSN. Control five different vehicles on land and air, each with unique abilities in stunning environments. Power up your skills for the ultimate in destruction. Play alone or team up offline with two player split screen and experience the chaos of four-player online co-op with your friends.

Renegade Ops will be available until 15th August 2012

[​IMG]

Outland (83)

In the middle of Balance and Chaos, now stands one man whose efforts may bridge the ancient divide, or doom the world to destruction. The award-winning studio Housemarque, maker of Super Stardust HD, has created an ambitious platformer inspired by epic adventures such as the Prince of Persia series. Each player’s adventure will take him between light and darkness and force him to adapt to an ever-changing world.

Outland will be available until 12th September 2012

[​IMG]

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (82)

In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration. But Stranger is keeping a secret and needs expensive surgery to survive. In his quest to earn enough Moolah, Stranger reluctantly accepts the ultimate bounty from the owner of the Mongo River and suddenly his adventure takes a very different turn.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD will be available until 12th September 2012

[​IMG]

inFamous 2 (83)

When Empire City comes under attack from a mysterious creature known only as “The Beast”, not even the electric super powers of Cole MacGrath can save the town from complete destruction. Battered and defeated, Cole finds himself fleeing towards the southern U.S. city of New Marais in search of a way to overcome this powerful new nemesis. Playing as Cole, explore the vast, decaying metropolis of New Marais and form relationships with the good people of the city, or side with their corrupt counterparts.

Available all year round.

[​IMG]

Motorstorm Apocalypse (77)

Test your bottle and your reflexes as you hit the streets of a crumbling city in 40 nerve-shattering races. Take your chances against the apocalypse in 13 awesome vehicle classes, from rocket-powered superbikes and lightning-fast rally cars, to formidable monster trucks and fearsome big rigs. Create your own online race events for up to 16 players, customise and share thousands of vehicles and unlock tons of perks and rewards to smash the opposition and climb the global leaderboards.

[​IMG]

LittleBigPlanet 2 (91)

Download LittleBigPlanet 2 and take your Sackboy on an adventure packed with clever tools, quirky characters and loads of multiplayer fun. Get creative and build absolutely anything you can imagine, from shoot-’em-ups and racing games to your very own movies and music. Then share your unique creations online with the rest of the LittleBigPlanet community. There are millions of levels out there just waiting to be discovered, all built by fellow LittleBigPlanet fans right across the globe.

Huge Discounts

[​IMG]

NASCAR 2011 at 20% off until 15th August

NASCAR The Game 2011 takes the next generation of NASCAR racing games to a whole new level finally capturing the very essence of what makes NASCAR America’s number one motorsport.. Players can choose to play as themselves or as one of the sport’s real-world drivers as they battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Each pro driver has the AI characteristics of his or her real world counterpart, setting the stage for intense rivalries played out on the track. Damage is meticulously detailed and multi-car wrecks are the most extreme ever experienced in an officially licensed racing game.

[​IMG]

Foosball 2012 at 20% off from 25th July until 22nd August

Buy this game and get the PlayStation Vita version FOR FREE. For the first time ever, play foosball on your PlayStation 3, with local and online multiplayer, global leaderboards and full cross-compatibility with PlayStation Vita. Play this game and hone your skills to crush the online competition, or get together with your friends and enjoy foosball like never before.

2. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Thx for the update, although I told you yesterday about the two free titles :)

Foosball for my vita :thumbsup:

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    My subscription is due to expire 15th September, and I cant see any reason to renew it. Ive got both of these for the 360 already. Both really good games, but I dont really want two copies on each system.

4. wilskywalker

wilskywalker Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    wilskywalker
    I am still on the fence about signing up, my main reason I would sign up would be the cloud save option...I am extremely obsessive about my game saves and this would put my mind at rest!
    Case in point, I have barely completed a single quest in Skyrim, but I have already clocked over 50 hrs playtime...the idea of loosing this save alone makes me shudder!
    I do back up to a USB but this isn't possible for all games due to the idiotic decision to lock certain saves!

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Apparently we're to get a bonus game next week; Rock Of Ages!!

:tumbleweed:

I played a demo on the 360 ages ago. Its ok I suppose, I wouldnt buy it. Its just rolling a boulder down a hill really.

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    ‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Update – 1st August 2012

Twinkle twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are…Yes, never has a nursery rhyme terrified so many.

From today until 5th September (that’s five weeks this time) all our PlayStation Plus[/url] subscribers will be able to download Dead Space 2 as part of their subscription.

And with that, let’s roll film…

Special thanks go out to EA Games for their support in bringing this fantastic blend of action and survival horror to our members.

Engineer Isaac Clarke returns for the sequel to the critically acclaimed Dead Space. After waking from a coma in a massive space city known as The Sprawl, the lone survivor of a horrific alien infection finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Not only that but he’s also battling dementia, is being hunted by the government and is haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend.

And what where would we be without a massive 50% off all the associated DLC for our Game of the Month? For the next two weeks you can grab the ‘Severed’ expansion, and three extra special weapons and suit packs for Dead Space 2 at half price. Simply pick up any of them you like when you go to claim your game from the Plus section on the Store.

Not played the original Dead Space? May I suggest you pick it up from the Store if you’d like to visit Isaac’s earlier adventure? Alternatively, in the Trailers section you’ll find a video to help you catch up on the Dead Space story events prior to Dead Space 2.

BUT WAIT! There’s more…

As some of you already know, I have promised you all some exciting extras this month and the first of these comes in the shape of a game brand new to SCEE PlayStation Store – Rock of Ages from Atlus.

A rock-solid combination of rock-rolling action, deep strategy, and captivating art and music from different ages of history, this is a game of crush or be crushed! Two castles stand opposed; one is yours, the other is your enemy’s. They’re jerks and their castle sucks, so you’re going to try to smash it using an enormous boulder. Even as they build up their defenses, you’re ready to roll over them in order to raze that unsightly tower. But beware! There’s a giant boulder headed your way, too.

[​IMG]
    Rock of Ages is available at no-cost for the next four weeks (until 29th August) and is not part of the usual rotation for Plus members – it’s an added extra for all our subscribers this August. That means come the mid-month update you still have two more fantastic titles to grab for Your Instant Game Collection.

And that’s not the end of it! There’s EVEN more to come, including extra value especially for Plus members on Andy’s fantastic Summer special offers, launch discounts on a selection of new titles and a few more special bits and pieces to come to light later in the month.

I will be back on 15th August, during gamescom 2012 with two more games for Your Instant Game Collection to replace Darksiders and Renegade Ops, both of which have only two weeks left as part of YIGC.

I’ll also have a launch date for the very first of our PlayStation Plus Presents indie titles, Retro/Grade!

See you in the comments…

Don’t forget the nine other fantastic games available to download for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Darksiders (83)
    [​IMG]
    Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between heaven and hell. Dishonored and stripped of his powers, War must return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.

Darksiders will be available until 15th August 2012
    ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT!

Renegade Ops (80)
    [​IMG]
    Renegade Ops is the most explosive experience on PSN. Control five different vehicles on land and air, each with unique abilities in stunning environments. Power up your skills for the ultimate in destruction. Play alone or team up offline with two player split screen and experience the chaos of four-player online co-op with your friends.

Renegade Ops will be available until 15th August 2012
    ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT!

Outland (83)
    [​IMG]
    In the middle of Balance and Chaos, now stands one man whose efforts may bridge the ancient divide, or doom the world to destruction. The award-winning studio Housemarque, maker of Super Stardust HD, has created an ambitious platformer inspired by epic adventures such as the Prince of Persia series. Each player’s adventure will take him between light and darkness and force him to adapt to an ever-changing world.

Outland will be available until 12th September 2012

[​IMG]
    In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration. But Stranger is keeping a secret and needs expensive surgery to survive. In his quest to earn enough Moolah, Stranger reluctantly accepts the ultimate bounty from the owner of the Mongo River and suddenly his adventure takes a very different turn.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD will be available until 12th September 2012

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (84)
    [​IMG]
    With Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, enjoy a classic formula of combat, exploration, puzzles, and breathtaking visuals in this fast-paced arcade experience. Team up with a friend or go at it alone as you traverse and solve deadly traps, fight hordes of undead enemies, and collect dozens of weapons, artifacts and relics.

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light will be available until 10th October 2012

Saints Row 2 (82)
    [​IMG]
    Saints Row 2 brings true freedom to open-world gaming. Players can play as who they want and how they want. Limitless customization, multiplayer co-op, competitive multiplayer, killer combat and vehicles are just a few of the features that make Saints Row 2 the most over the top sandbox in gaming.

Saints Row 2 will be available until 10th October 2012

inFamous 2 (83)
    [​IMG]
    When Empire City comes under attack from a mysterious creature known only as “The Beast”, not even the electric super powers of Cole MacGrath can save the town from complete destruction. Battered and defeated, Cole finds himself fleeing towards the southern U.S. city of New Marais in search of a way to overcome this powerful new nemesis. Playing as Cole, explore the vast, decaying metropolis of New Marais and form relationships with the good people of the city, or side with their corrupt counterparts.

[​IMG]
    Test your bottle and your reflexes as you hit the streets of a crumbling city in 40 nerve-shattering races. Take your chances against the apocalypse in 13 awesome vehicle classes, from rocket-powered Superbikes and lightning-fast Rally Cars, to formidable Monster Trucks and fearsome Big Rigs. Create your own online race events for up to 16 players, customise and share thousands of vehicles and unlock tons of perks and rewards to smash the opposition and climb the global leaderboards.

LittleBigPlanet 2 (91)
    [​IMG]
    Download LittleBigPlanet 2 and take your Sackboy on an adventure packed with clever tools, quirky characters and loads of multiplayer fun. Get creative and build absolutely anything you can imagine, from shoot-’em-ups and racing games to your very own movies and music. Then share your unique creations online with the rest of the LittleBigPlanet community. There are millions of levels out there just waiting to be discovered, all built by fellow LittleBigPlanet fans right across the globe.

New Avatars
    Burger Face, Sleepy Taco, Careless Sushi, Ice Cream Sandwich, Ice Cream Swirl Cone and Ice cream Truck avatars!

Dynamic Themes
    Beach dynamic theme, PolyWave Red dynamic theme, PolyWave Blue dynamic theme and Dragon 2 dynamic theme.

More to come later this month!

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hopefully this'll get a few of you PS+ playing the awesome Dead Space 2 online. Ive already got this, so gutted you get it for free now.

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Wait I have it on EggBox although my mate might want it back, it has online play, I had no idea.

9. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    ‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Update – 1st August 2012

This is an unnoficial heads-up as I haven't seen a post about it on the EU PS blog.

Available right now on the PS store are Borderlands and Just Cause 2, both free for PS Plus subscribers. :)

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Son of a.... lol

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    ‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Gamescom Update – 16th August 2012

[​IMG]

It’s Gamescom week and PlayStation Plus is out in force! If you’ve been paying attention then by now you will have heard the fantastic news that cloud storage is being increased from September, up to a ma-hoosive 1GB for all your game saves, and that PS Vita Plus is also on the way – stay tuned for more details on that.

And of course you know who’s coming to town on 5th September for the next Game of the Month…literally one of the most enormous titles of this console generation. What’s more, two new titles as well in September, one brand new and one new to PSN – we’re spoiling you rotten for sure.

[​IMG]
    First, though, let’s stay focused on August. It’s time to strap on your parachute and grappling hook for some serious regime change, as Just Cause 2 (83) comes zipping into Your Instant Game Collection, available for the next 12 weeks until 7th November 2012.

As agent Rico Rodriguez, your orders are to find and kill your friend and mentor, who has disappeared on the island paradise of Panau. With 400 square miles of rugged terrain, plus hundreds of weapons, vehicles, missions and Rico’s trademark parachute and grapple, experience freedom unparalleled in the third-person action genre.

All the DLC, from Tuc-tucs to Inferno parachutes? 50% off? Two weeks? You bet!

[​IMG]
    Not enough destruction? Consider seeing a therapist, or alternatively, play the game with more guns than there are PlayStations in all the SCEE territories as we bring you Borderlands (83), which is available for the next 12 weeks until 7th November 2012.

Lock, load, and face the madness! Get ready for the mind-blowing insanity as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries taking out everything that stands in your way. Gearbox’s RPS (role playing shooter) combines frantic first-person shooting action with accessible role-playing character progression. Fly solo in single player, wreak havoc with a friend in two-player split screen, or drop in and out with up to four player co-op online and offline for a maniacal multiplayer experience.

Borderlands is well known for having some of the best DLC in the business, and of course The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution are all 50% off for the next two weeks, so be sure to grab anything you like the sound of!

Got both of those titles? Are you after something new and shiny? Well bless my soul, we have you covered to the power of three!

This week, we have two amazing launch discounts on brand new PSN titles – 20% off the remarkable Sound Shapes (you HAVE to play this game, it’s absolutely fantastic!) and 20% off the frankly insane but no less wonderful Papo & Yo, both for the next two weeks.

And on August 22nd, PlayStation Plus Presents… Retro/Grade!

[​IMG]
    Play a classic shoot ‘em up…in reverse! Navigate deadly enemy waves and un-fire attacks in Retro/Grade, a mind-bending rhythm game by 24 Caret Games. Pick up a Dualshock 3 wireless controller or a PlayStation 3 guitar controller and help Rick Rocket restore the continuity of space-time, before a temporal anomaly rips the universe a new time-hole!

Retro/Grade will be available in Plus at no cost for the next eight weeks, and I urge everyone to play it. It’s really unlike anything you’ve seen before, has a fantastic soundtrack and gives you a reason to dust off those guitar controllers!

You’re probably looking at all this and thinking, wow, August must be the greatest month in Plus history – and I reckon you’re right. But almost unbelievably, it gets BETTER.

YOUR INSTANT GAME COLLECTION

Don’t forget the nine other fantastic games available to download for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

[​IMG]
    Rock of Ages (70)
    A rock-solid combination of rock-rolling action, deep strategy, and captivating art and music from different ages of history, this is a game of crush or be crushed! Two castles stand opposed; one is yours, the other is your enemy’s. They’re a jerk and their castle sucks, so you’re going to try to smash it using an enormous boulder. Even as they build up their defenses, you’re ready to roll over them in order to raze that unsightly tower. But beware! There’s a giant boulder headed your way, too.

Rock of Ages is available until 29th August 2012.

[​IMG]
    Dead Space 2 (89)
    Engineer Isaac Clarke returns for the sequel to the critically acclaimed Dead Space. After waking from a coma on a massive space city known as “The Sprawl”, the lone survivor of a horrific alien infection finds himself confronting a catastrophic new nightmare. Battling dementia, hunted by the government, and haunted by visions of his dead girlfriend.

Dead Space 2 will be available until 5th September 2012.

[​IMG]
    Outland (83)

Outland will be available until 12th September 2012.

[​IMG]
    In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilised townships for incarceration. But Stranger is keeping a secret and needs expensive surgery to survive. In his quest to earn enough Moolah, Stranger reluctantly accepts the ultimate bounty from the owner of the Mongo River and suddenly his adventure takes a very different turn.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD will be available until 12th September 2012.

[​IMG]
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (84)
    With Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, enjoy a classic formula of combat, exploration, puzzles, and breathtaking visuals in this fast-paced arcade experience. Team up with a friend or go at it alone as you traverse and solve deadly traps, fight hordes of undead enemies, and collect dozens of weapons, artifacts and relics.

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light will be available until 10th October 2012.

[​IMG]
    Saints Row 2 (82)
    Saints Row 2 brings true freedom to open-world gaming. Players can play as who they want and how they want. Limitless customization, multiplayer co-op, competitive multiplayer, killer combat and vehicles are just a few of the features that make Saints Row 2 the most over-the-top sandbox in gaming.

Saints Row 2 will be available until 10th October 2012.

[​IMG]
    inFamous 2 (83)
    When Empire City comes under attack from a mysterious creature known only as “The Beast”, not even the electric super powers of Cole MacGrath can save the town from complete destruction. Battered and defeated, Cole finds himself fleeing towards the southern US city of New Marais in search of a way to overcome this powerful new nemesis. Playing as Cole, explore the vast, decaying metropolis of New Marais and form relationships with the good people of the city, or side with their corrupt counterparts.

[​IMG]
    Test your bottle and your reflexes as you hit the streets of a crumbling city in 40 nerve-shattering races. Take your chances against the apocalypse in 13 awesome vehicle classes, from rocket-powered Superbikes and lightning-fast Rally Cars, to formidable Monster Trucks and fearsome Big Rigs. Create your own online race events for up to 16 players, customise and share thousands of vehicles and unlock tons of perks and rewards to smash the opposition and climb the global leaderboards.

[​IMG]
    LittleBigPlanet 2 (91)

Launch Discounts

[​IMG]
    Sound Shapes
    Sound Shapes is a completely unique take on the classic side-scrolling platform game. Play through a series of beautiful levels, or create your own, building environments and choosing enemies and obstacles – and all the while composing your own ambient background music. Buy this title on PS3 to get a free copy for PS Vita.

[​IMG]
    Papo & Yo
    Papo & Yo is a puzzle-platforming adventure that follows the tale of a young boy, Quico, and his best friend Monster, a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth and an addiction to poisonous frogs. The minute Monster eats a frog he goes into a violent rage that’s bad news for everyone around. And yet, Quico will make a dangerous journey through a magical world to find a cure for his best friend.

And there’s yet more to come in August! Stay tuned, everyone.

12. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    ‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Update – Get 25% Off A 12 Month Subscription

[​IMG]

Hey there folks. You may notice something a little different about the PlayStation Plus update this week. Yes, as some of you may have heard, Ross has moved on to pastures new. I hope you’ll all join me in wishing him well in all his future endeavours – we’ll miss having him around! Ross 2.0 will be along soon enough, but in the meantime I’ve stepped into the breach and will be keeping you informed of the latest updates to your Plus service.

So, without further ado, let’s kick off with your new Game of the Month. As announced at Gamescom last month, from tomorrow until 2nd October you can pick up Rockstar’s epic open world Western adventure Red Dead Redemption. Rightly hailed as one of the finest games of this console generation, it’s an absolutely unmissable experience. If you haven’t played it yet, you’re in for one heck of a treat. And if you have, the multiplayer community is still very active. Jump in.

[​IMG]

Next up, from 12th September until 4th December, you can download retro-fabulous side-scrolling beat ‘em up Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. It’s a rare movie tie-in that is every bit the equal of its source material, and a delightful nostalgia hit for anyone raised on the likes of Streets of Rage or Double Dragon.

[​IMG]

And speaking of which, Double Dragon Neon is your third game of the month, downloadable from 12th September to 4th December. Developed by the seriously talented Wayforward Technologies (Bloodrayne: Betrayal, Mighty Flip Champs! DX and the forthcoming Silent Hill: Book of Memories), it’s a hypercolourful reboot of the classic arcade punch-up. Should be a good ‘un.

[​IMG]

Finally, the next game in our PlayStation Plus Presents indie initiative is the wonderful point and click puzzler Machinarium, available from 5th September until 23rd October. It’s one of the finest adventure games of recent years, and sports some stunning art design to boot. I’m a big fan of this one – be sure to check it out.

[​IMG]

Running out of space for all these great titles? Fear not. We don’t have a confirmed date for you today, but as promised at Gamescom, your cloud storage limit will be increased to 1GB later this month. I’ll let you know when that goes live.

And finally, if you’re not yet a Plus subscriber, your excuses for not signing up are starting to run out. From 5th to 19th September a 365 day subscription is on sale at 25% off – that’s €37.49/£29.99, down from €49.99/£39.99. Current subscribers take note – annual subscriptions stack, so you can also take advantage of the reduced price.

Myself and the store team will do our best to answer any questions you have below. Fire away.

13. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Machinarium is now up for download. Actually its rather bloody good. Its a point and click puzzler. Has a unique style, and worth a ganders.

14. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Got it last night :)

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    PlayStation Plus Update: Online Storage Upgraded To 1GB

[​IMG]

We’ve got some happy news for PlayStation Plus members this week – the latest firmware update (version 4.25) goes live tomorrow, increasing your Cloud Storage limit from 150MB to a whopping 1GB.

After you’ve installed the update, simply go to the Saved Data Utility under the Game column of the XMB. From there you can access the Online Storage folder and find any existing game saves already uploaded, as well as the increase in space to 1GB. So set your automatic download to upload every game save for every game you play, and enjoy the additional breathing room. You can also continue to use this feature to selectively upload game saves you specify.

As announced last week, your Instant Game Collection titles for September are epic Western adventure Red Dead Redemption, quirky indie puzzler Machinarium(both available now), retro dust-up Scott Pilgrim vs The World (available tomorrow) and Double Dragon Neon (due later this month).

In addition to that lot, I can also announce that Plus subscribers get a one week headstart on SEGA’s HD revamp of Dreamcast classic, Jet Set Radio. You can download it from tomorrow on PlayStation 3, with 10% off the £6.49/€7.99 asking price.

Oh, and don’t forget you can get 25% off a 12 month Plus subscription until 19th September.

16. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    PlayStation Plus: Your October Content

With Autumn well and truly upon us, what better way to shrug off the gathering gloom than by looking forward to a great month of PlayStation Plus content? And, I hope you agree, it is indeed something of a whopper, with two massive blockbuster games coming to your Instant Game Collection, along with a weird and wonderful PSN platformer from Sega.

[​IMG]

First things first, as of tomorrow Plus members get free access to Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit. As should be made evident by the trailer below, it’s an absolutely insane side-scroller that sees you step into the shoes of a demonic rabbit hell-bent on vengeance after pictures of him in the shower make it onto the internet. It’s been picking up some great reviews – make sure you check it out.

[​IMG]

Next up, on 10th October, you can get your hands on EA‘s lunatic shooter Bulletstorm. Released to widespread acclaim last year, it’s a larger-than-life space shooter with a hugely addictive combat system that lets you customise your kills. Oh, and it’s also ruder than a Gordon Ramsay vs. Ray Winstone swear-off. You have been warned.

[​IMG]

Also on 10th October, you can grab yourself Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. That’s Capcom’s massive 2009 zombie shooter, with all post-launch DLC and Move support. Can’t say fairer than that. Get it downloaded, then compare and contrast with Resi 6, which launches on PlayStation 3 today.

In addition to all this, we’ll also be bringing you a range of additional deals, themes and avatars as the month progresses. For more details on those, please keep an eye on our weekly Store update posts, but here are a few to get you started:

• 3rd October: Spelunker HD – 50% off the full game and 50% off various DLC packs for two weeks
    • 10th October: Derrick the Deathfin – 30% off
    • 17th October: Dogfight 1942 – 50% off a bundle including the full game and two DLC packs
    • 24th October: Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit – 20% off DLC packs

Finally, here’s a recap of which games will be removed from your Instant Game Collection this month:

• 3rd October: Red Dead Redemption
    • 10th October: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light
    • 10th October: Saints Row 2

See you back here next month – we’ve got some great content lined up already, with the service due to expand onto PS Vita.

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Well I'm impressed I already have Bulletstorm but RE5 is great :) also he'll yeah ha ha insane isn't the correct word its supercla..... Amazeballs lol

18. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ive got Bulletstorm and Resident Evil 5 on the 360 already, so you PS+ members are in for a treat.

19. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Yeah I had res5 on my 360 too :) can't wait to get it but still have loads of games to finish :-\

20. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Had Borderlands and had a laugh with it. Actually tempted to get plus because of the evil 5 freebie. I never went for the 29.99 plus deal, perhaps I should have.