• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS3 PlayStation Plus for 25% less!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS-Plus-704x396.jpg

Sony announced at Gamescom 2012 that PlayStation Plus would be available at a discount this autumn and today they have announced the details.

From 5th - 19th September you will be able to pick up a year's subscription to PlayStation Plus at 25% discount! The usual price of £39.99 will be reduced to £29.99. Not only will new subscribers be able to benefit from this offer but so too will existing PlayStation Plus members! All they have to do is purchase this from the PS Store and it will be added to their existing subscription. This was confirmed on Twitter by @RabidWalker, Online Support Co-ordinator for the EN PlayStation Community.

PlayStation Plus already has titles including Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Dead Space 2, Infamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 already available. Sony announced at Gamescom that this autumn will see Red Dead Redemption and other titles coming as well as an increase in online storage for game saves to 1Gb. With all of this and a 25% discount, now is a good time to join or re-subscribe to PlayStation Plus!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New game next week too :)

Bad Robot

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My PS+ is up for renewal soon so couldn’t have come at a better time, well worth the money :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mine is up for renewal too and why I checked that the discount will also apply to existing PS Plus members. Great news that it does.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I’m quite tempted. I sold most of those games a while back but occasionally might fancy playing them again if other SNRs do. . Also lost all my save data recently so the cloud would be a good idea

Dmk222

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well worth it with the amount of games you get while on ps+

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mine runs out in Oct, so will deffo be taking up this offer.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd love to join up again, but funds are short. Good games on offer this month:1thumbup:

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's a sweet deal, will have to remember to renew early.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry this is an old post that I transferred from the old site, hence showing as new on here.

There is another deal going on now, buy PS Plus and get an extra 3 months free (i.e. 15 months for the price of 12). That should keep you going until the launch of the PS4 in Europe and a bit beyond. I don't know it it'll be transferable to the next gen console.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Supposedly PS+ will be linked to your psn ID which you will also use on your ps4