The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 PlayStation Plus Content Expiry

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Martok, 23 Sep 2012.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Today is the date that my original PS Plus subscription expires.

Despite renewing my subscription, we found when playing Machinarium on HaloJ's profile that the content expired and ended the game.

The solution is to simply launch the game on my profile. This changes the expiry date to the new one (23 Sep 2013). It can then be played again on any profile.

I just thought I'd share this for anyone who experiences this when their original subscription date expires but have renewed.

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    My membership has expired altogether, and in typical Sony fashion their DRM doesnt work properly. Ive still got about 10 PSN games and 19 Minis that are very much playable. Unfortunately I wish they werent, as theyre not the best of the bunch, but oh well free games, cant moan.

3. Dmk222

Dmk222 Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dmk222
    I noticed resident evil director 's cut doesn't work anymore I re-downloaded and it still doesn't work

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    If your PS plus subscription has run out then all Plus titles stop functioning. If you highlight the game in the XMB and click triangle you'll be able to get the Information and see it's expiry date. Once you resubscribe to Plus then the game will start working once more. If the game was bought under another profile and that profile is subscribed to Plus then the Plus profile must play the game to update the content date before playing it on any other profile.

We tested the above to find that out because we're sad like that. ;)

Abs

5. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Yeah, I got excited once when my PS+ sub expired and I could still play some of the games until I realised that was because those were the games that offered a free trail.

6. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    It is quite annoying though. Even though my subscription had auto-renewed, I still had to log in via PS+ to renew all of the titles. Unfortunat ely I'd taken the beast along to my folks at the time, didn't have internet access & hadn't taken any disc-based games with me as I figured I had plenty to work through on the drive...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice