• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi PlayStation, meet Spotify

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PlayStation Music, with Spotify as the exclusive partner, launches soon

Hello everyone! I’m thrilled today to introduce a new music destination called PlayStation Music, with Spotify as the exclusive partner. We’ve partnered with our friends at Spotify to bring its award-winning digital music service to PlayStation Network this spring in 41 markets around the world.

We know how important music is to our community of gamers, and this partnership combines the best in music with the best in gaming. PlayStation Network users will enjoy the convenience of linking your accounts to Spotify, making it easy to sign-up with your existing ID and subscribe to Spotify’s Premium service.

You can also use Spotify while playing games on PS4, enabling you to soundtrack your gaming sessions with your favorite songs in the background. Want something heavy and rocking for an intense Destiny Raid? How about some old school hip hop while taking to the pitch in FIFA? With more than 30 million songs and 1.5 billion playlists, Spotify on PlayStation Music has it covered.

As we get closer to launch we look forward to telling you about some of the other great features that will be available exclusively through Spotify on PlayStation Music.

The new service will launch initially on PS4 and PS3, as well as Xperia smartphones and tablets. You’ll of course be able to listen to your favorite playlists – including existing playlists from current Spotify users as well as Spotify curated playlists – and enjoy the service on all of Spotify’s supported devices.

Prior to the launch of Spotify on PlayStation Music, the Music Unlimited service will close in all 19 countries on 29th March 2015. Nearly all of these countries will be among the 41 markets where PlayStation Music featuring Spotify will be available at launch, including the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy. From 28th February 2015, Music Unlimited users with active subscriptions will receive free access to Music Unlimited through 29th March 2015.

Stay tuned to the Blog for more details on PlayStation Music featuring Spotify, and in the meantime you can sign up for updates here.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Are will still gonna have them bloody adverts every 3 songs?

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
But what about us plebs that don't want to pay?

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't mind paying £5.99 for Netflix because you at least get to use 2 senses, Sight and sound, £8.99 for the use of only 1 sense seems like a rip off.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can plug my iPod into my headset receiver and do all this anyway. I don't as if I'm playing a game I want to hear the game not have music drowning it out.
Having Spotify on the PS4 will be handy though as I'll often listen to Tune Up radio on my PS3 and used to like having Music Unlimited.
Doesn't say you can or can't use a free account though does it? Wouldn't surprise me if they make it a Premium only feature.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I use Spotify premium already, on my phone. Be handy on my ps3 and ps4 now.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So its an online jukebox thingy then, neat, another techno wiz gadget to watch pass by then.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So its an online jukebox thingy then, neat, another techno wiz gadget to watch pass by then.
Don't worry about it, you stick with your Edison Cylinder Phonograph if you're more comfortable with that.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, you stick with your Edison Cylinder Phonograph if you're more comfortable with that.

. Brilliant, works offline, no annoying adverts and no chance of any accidental crap by those hipster wannabes status quo that all the youngsters are listening to. I bet you meant this as a wind-up didn't you, I suppose it does have the handle.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
. Brilliant, works offline, no annoying adverts and no chance of any accidental crap by those hipster wannabes status quo that all the youngsters are listening to. I bet you meant this as a wind-up didn't you, I suppose it does have the handle.
Great device but the cylinder collection doesn't half take up a lot of space on the shelf. If only they were round and flat instead.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great device but the cylinder collection doesn't half take up a lot of space on the shelf. If only they were round and flat instead.
I shall take note of your voice of experience, may I suggest perhaps its time you investigated the "CD"

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The people over at Gizmodo have released a couple of screen shots of what to expect when it hopefully gets rolled out some time today

Article

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I read something the other day, I thought it said 30th of May.

OAPboba

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It appeared on my PS3 menu last night so I gave it a whirl. Connected to my account via my phone by some technical magic. Seemed to work fine (I'm also a premium subscriber)