PS3 Playstation Home, goodbye my love

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, its finally happened. Ive fallen out of love with Playstation Home.

Some of you may remember I was a supporter of Home, and have been for a very long while. I wouldnt say a fan, because Im not really into casual gaming, but some of the games theyve got are pretty good fun. No Wipeouts or Skyrims beaters, but if you're a regularly player of Facebook games then you wont be hugely disappointed.

Anyway, I realised the other day that I havent visited Playstation Home for months now. I went online for the first time the other day, and there was hardly anything new or fresh. The place seems to degenerated into a series of people wandering aimlessly wearing increasingly ridiculous and unlikely clothes. Most of the games on offer arent visited anymore, which isnt good for any game that is competitive multiplayer only. So most of my time online the other day was spent wandering the new areas, which are to be frank as ridiculous and stupid as some of the clothes that people wear. When you do meet people, they are either dressed in a clown suit, with a feather sticking out of their butt, wearing a spacemans helmet and carrying a sofa, or they are a girl. I know girls game too, but it seems a good 50% of people on Home are girls. Well I say girls, more like a nerds dream, as they all seem intent on wandering around in bikinis. Not one of them is dressed as ridiculous as the males; they all seem to try to wear as little as possible. Methinks a few of these might be prepubescent boys out on the wind up.

Anyway, the lack of anything new or sensible, after such a long period of time too, means Im done with Home now. I might even delete it, as my HDD is always short and that 3GB could be used elsewhere.

What bugs me the most is Playstation Home was getting pretty bloody good. Most of the major retail releases had their own space (as did some of the motion pictures too), where you could visit and earn some fanboy goodies. The games on offer where becoming increasingly more complex and better. And the major releases seemed to have included Home goodies to be unlocked by gamers. Now there doesnt seem to be any Home rewards from any of the releases anymore, the new areas a very few & far between, and the number of new games out there seem to be less and less, and not played or supported. Its such a shame, because Home really wasnt too bad, but now its utter shit. Pointless, puerile and ludicrous.

And the punchline; I read that Playstation Home was going to make the transition to the PS4 in some form too.:rant:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's one thing that I have never even looked at.:?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Last time I was on was then they had that puzzle game Xi or whatever it was called. Decided it wasn't worth the space on my HDD.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Last time for me was with @Acegadgets. He was a chick complementing the guys on their lovely elbows :D. Quite a few years ago i reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Never got the point of this, looked on it a couple of times and it never rang my bell in any way.

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I only went on it once, when it first launched, not my thing really.