• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PlayStation Experience | Good vs Evil in F2P Game Design Panel

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I found this particularly interesting because of both my "emotional" and financial attachment to Warframe as well as my respect for one of the main guys of Planetside 2. So I was especially intrigued to hear both of those speak during this video.

Being someone whose only previous knowledge of F2P on other devices is limited, to the all too prevalent and greedy atrocities that get reported all the time, I found it refreshing to hear how certain developers are approaching their products on both PC and then onto consoles (PS4 specifically for this panel obviously).

At 62 minutes I shamelessly presume it won't interest many of you a great deal but I would still urge those of you with a passing interest to invest your time, it's FREE after all :) :) :)

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I found Warframe to be a good F2P experience overall, it tuck some time but you achieved the same goal as some one who spent a fortune to fast track. The same goes for War thunder as well.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Warframe has shown the world how to do f2p properly. One of the ps4 best games
Yes and one that I've gone back to playing (along with @HaloJ). 227 hours for her, 246 hours for me. Cost of £11.99 each. Better value for us than the £40 each we spent on Destiny (on which I've played 60 hours).

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive spent £30 on it and I was happy too. Mainly spent on weapon and warframe slots. Not needed I know, but I do have a cracking wardrobe.;)
Funny enough I've started playing it again too. Just unlocked the Archwing this morning and took it for a quick spin. Very cool indeed. I might get my kubrow out of hibernation soon, I seem to be logging in daily for the rewards again!!:lol:

WetPaintGaming

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I found Warframe to be a good F2P experience overall, it tuck some time but you achieved the same goal as some one who spent a fortune to fast track. The same goes for War thunder as well.
It certainly opened my eyes to how F2P should be done, which is another reason I look forward to Planetside 2 because it also supposedly has an excellent transaction model.

Warframe has shown the world how to do f2p properly. One of the ps4 best games
Exactly my thoughts. It's an example I use to anyone whose opinion, like my own used to be, is formed only on the greedy, money grabbing "popular" mobile variations.

Yes and one that I've gone back to playing (along with @HaloJ). 227 hours for her, 246 hours for me. Cost of £11.99 each. Better value for us than the £40 each we spent on Destiny (on which I've played 60 hours).
I'm proud/ashamed (delete as applicable) of these figures for my Warframe playtime and money spent:

Playstation 4: Approximately £120ish with 1038:03:41 time played. Died off significantly since Destiny for obvious reasons :cry:
Xbox One: £58.99 with 203:21:52 played. Luckily one of my friends is enjoying it too so I have some company.

Now I know this is a LOT of money and an incredible amount of time played but in regards to value for money it has been a bargain. Especially in comparison to many of the titles I've bought since this generation came to pass and the disappointment that has followed soon after.

Ive spent £30 on it and I was happy too. Mainly spent on weapon and warframe slots. Not needed I know, but I do have a cracking wardrobe.;)
Funny enough I've started playing it again too. Just unlocked the Archwing this morning and took it for a quick spin. Very cool indeed. I might get my kubrow out of hibernation soon, I seem to be logging in daily for the rewards again!!:lol:
That's where most of my initial investment went too. Basically you've spent the time playing the game but now wish to experience more of it so I think putting your money into a game then shows your commitment to playing and for me it was showing appreciation to the company making it.

Also with a game that is constantly updating itself, almost always for the better, there is often a good reason to return. The changes on how this game looks and plays since I first started a year ago is amazing.

Only just tried the Archwing mission part of the Quest for the first time on XB1 last night and got obliterated VERY quickly, which wasn't fun in the slightest. My friend and I will be trying it again tonight but my initial impression just confirmed my preconceptions that this gameplay probably isn't for me. But we'll see.

By the way if any of you still need help, assistance, company or some nice goodies I might have spare, please feel free to give me a shout as I still sign in every day as well as play the occasional mission on PS4.