PS4 PlayStation 4 video teaser

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony have released a teaser trailer for the PS4, just hours ahead of Microsoft's XBox reveal tomorrow, Tuesday, at 6pm.

A full reveal of the console will be at Sony's E3 2013 Press Conference at 2.00am UK time on 11th June.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
seems a bit too little too late.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
seems a bit too little too late.
I disagree. This is all part of their strategy to pique the interest of the gaming public, firstly by revealing details of the PS4, including specs, in March and now with a teaser prior to the full reveal next month. Timing is just right, trying to take some of the shine of the XBox reveal tomorrow.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Prior to the announcement by Microsoft tomorrow Sony has revealed what the heat vents look like on the PS4.

Still we'll see the full unit at E3 but it's nice to get a glimpse of it and amused me that they did it the day before the XBox announcement.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I disagree. This is all part of their strategy to pique the interest of the gaming public, firstly by revealing details of the PS4, including specs, in March and now with a teaser prior to the full reveal next month. Timing is just right, trying to take some of the shine of the XBox reveal tomorrow.
I disagree:P:D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I disagree:P:D
I disagree with both of you.;)

For me, the whole PS4 reveal seems rushed. For god sake who unveils a new console and just shows you a controller! ! And then with the disclaimer that the design is subject to change too!

The 360 had a lovely head start which analysts attribute to its success. I think Sony got wind of the new Xbox and are desperately trying to play catch up again, hiding behind the pretence its an intended teasing reveal.

Might not be a farmer, but I know the smell of bullshit.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I disagree with both of you.;)

For me, the whole PS4 reveal seems rushed. For god sake who unveils a new console and just shows you a controller! ! And then with the disclaimer that the design is subject to change too!

The 360 had a lovely head start which analysts attribute to its success. I think Sony got wind of the new Xbox and are desperately trying to play catch up again, hiding behind the pretence its an intended teasing reveal.

Might not be a farmer, but I know the smell of bullshit.
I agree :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Personally, I don't actually give a flying... what the box looks like, it's completely irrelevant to what is under the hood.

TalllPaul

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So you would drive a banged up Skoda as long as it had a Ferrari engine in it?

Great time to release the video :D They are also trolling with Google Ads and there is supposed to be new info about a game today :D

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had my share of proper skodas, and loved them all.

For me looks are not a deal breaker, not fussed what it looks like really.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree, the looks of the console arent important. But all we've heard about is concepts; we've seen nothing other than a prototype controller which we were warned may not end up as the final design.

I suspect that the Xbox will bring nothing new to the table, as Sony have already implemented everything from what theyve found out (ie Kinect 2.0, processing power, video sharing etc). It IS odd that someone should announce something and not show it. You dont see car manufacturers doing this; just revealing the concept of a car and showing say the steering wheel (which is subject to change). But the whole Sony announcements do seem to be premature. I can understand the need to trickle information out to keep interest alive, but surely theres enough games/features to reveal in the next 6 months?

Never had a Skoda, my brother did and claimed is wasnt a bad motor. I did have a Lada though. Oddly enough, not the worst car Ive ever owned (that title is reserved for the Fiat 127 Sport - what a bucket of shit that was!!!).

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's not the same comparison at all. You'd be better off comparing kitchen appliances. Although yes, I'd love to shock the sh!t out of other drivers by scooting past them!

With regards to the "Sony tease" - I'd suggest this is entirely to do with stealing Microsoft's thunder.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Apparently the new xbox will be called the XXXbox and it looks like a big black dildo. Honest.
Yes Ive heard this too. Ive managed to track down a prototype picture of it too.....

Picture edited out by HaloJ

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just a reminder folks that this site is fully open to the world, so please be careful about what you post in threads. We don't want folks to feel restricted in what they can say on here but Google crawls the site and we wouldn't want it being associated with inappropriate content.

If you want to post stuff more freely then Seniors can do this in our Behind Closed Doors Chat section which can't be seen by the Google or the wide world. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh my!

Boy am I glad no-one was able to see me screen when I opened this thread at work.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I missed the XXXBox picture!:rant:
But i'm very excited with the trailer for the new PS4, I am going to pre order one now.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes sorry peeps, I dont think sometimes.

Anyway, Im now off to bed with no tea, so let this be a lesson to you all. ;)

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I like this mock up someones done. Won't be anyting like the finished product i just think it's pretty cool and looks better the VCR from xbox