PS4 PlayStation 4 hardware revealed at E3 2013

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The wait is finally over – here is PlayStation 4 in the flesh.

It looks a heck of a lot nicer than the XBone, it's more powerful and it's £80 cheaper. :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Specs and what you get bundled with the PS4 are in the attached PDF document.

Included is 1 controller and a mono headset.
Not included is the new PS Eye which will be sold separately for $59/£44

Attachments

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the new eyetoy will be an optional extra just like the last one, It'll probably only have a few games that will utilise it properly.
Will the Move equipment work with the PS4 or will they release Move 2.0?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the new eyetoy will be an optional extra just like the last one, It'll probably only have a few games that will utilise it properly.
Will the Move equipment work with the PS4 or will they release Move 2.0?
Don't know, hope the old Move stuff does work. Don't know if they'll release a Move 2.0 with the Move light sensor thingy built into the PS4 controller.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks pretty much as it should look. The PDF file says that you get a controller and a playstation camera with it. Have i misunderstood?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks pretty much as it should look. The PDF file says that you get a controller and a playstation camera with it. Have i misunderstood?
Yes, you have misunderstood. Look at it again, it comes with a controller and mono headset, the camera is separate as I already stated.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ah well , if it dosent come with the camera.
I'm out!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm starting to get my PC configured properly for PC gaming. Got the controller working, got my headset working.
The PDF file is a bit confusing though if you read it , looks like the PS4 comes with both a dual shck and camera. Not that I really want a camera to be honest.

I cant really get my head around the price though.
If its $399 dollars that equates to €300 or £255 at today's exchange rates.
Now I understand that the US price does not include sales tax which can be anything from about 3% - 9% add to the dollar price; so they'll end up paying an extra 10 or 40 dollars depending on where they live for the console.
However if you add our VAT at 20% onto £255 you get £306 with Tax. So why are we being asked to pay £44 more in real terms than the Americans?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The PDF file is a bit confusing though if you read it , looks like the PS4 comes with both a dual shck and camera. Not that I really want a camera to be honest.
Not really.

Top of p3 in the PS4 specification is states what is included:

PlayStation®4 system × 1
Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®4) × 1
Mono headset × 1
AC power cord × 1
HDMI cable × 1
USB cable × 1

I cant really get my head around the price though.
If its $399 dollars that equates to €300 or £255 at today's exchange rates.
Now I understand that the US price does not include sales tax which can be anything from about 3% - 9% add to the dollar price; so they'll end up paying an extra 10 or 40 dollars depending on where they live for the console.
However if you add our VAT at 20% onto £255 you get £306 with Tax. So why are we being asked to pay £44 more in real terms than the Americans?
US sales tax can be up to 12% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States#Summary_table.

There's shipping to take into account too, plus the exchange rate that fluctuates - there'll always be a markup due to that as companies won't want to lose out if the pound strengthens against the dollar. Plus of course companies can just charge a bit more to us in the EU and there's nothing we can do about it apart from not buy the product, which in the case of gaming consoles would mean we don't have any at all as they are all produced in other countries.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Interesting link.
If I were an American , I would move to Delaware, New Hampshire or Montana where they are at the other end of the scale with ZERO sales tax

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that whilst the old Dualshocks are NOT compatible, the Move controllers ARE.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It would make sense i suppose, If the camera can read the lights on a new ps4 controller why not on an old move ice cream.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just got an email from Shopto, They give a November release for the PS4.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I got the same email Dave :)

Like this video showing the ps4 interface.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd buy this one if it was real.