Playstation 3Grand theft Auto V £26.95

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been looking around for the lowest priced GTA 5 . Most retailers have it for around £39.99. Shopto are trying to sell it for £42.99 and according to their best selling chart its is their top selling pre order.... What a load of Bollocks.
Anyway Amazon seem to be the lowest price at face value @ £34.99.
tesco online have a £5 off any game over £35 which brings their price to the same.
I was going to go with Greenmangaming who had it at £35.99 with £5 off your next game, but they have now raised the price to £38.99 so its not the bargain I thought it was.
Back to the offer I saw a few weeks back from gamestop.
You trade 2 games in on a NOW FIXED GAMES LIST, and pay just £4.97.
The way it works is you pay £39.99 and select the fact that you want a trade in envelope. They send the game plus trade in envelope, you put two games in the envelope and return it to them, They give you £35 back within 10 days.
Only problem is I no longer have two of the games on the list. So I will pop down to my local grainger games (or other retailer), buy the likes of farcry 3 and LBP Karting used for £11.99 each, or any other games on the list for that price as there dosen't seem to be many £9.99 used games on the list. I then have my £22 worth of games to trade in when I get my envelope from Gamestop, meaning I will get my GTA V for £26.95.
Or have I not read some small print?
http://www.gamestop.co.uk/GTAVTrade

Last edited:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't forget if you're planning to buy online you can use out Affilate scheme. :)

Last edited:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Spot on, cheers for that link.

I was actually seriously considering not picking this up and just biding my time until the PS4 version comes out, but as I have one of those games sat doing nothing that i've been meaning to get rid of anyway I just need to pick up another on the list.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I cancelled my GTA5 pre order In favour of the PS4 version of Watch Dogs.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I took a load of games down to my local Game store last week, expecting to get around £50, I actually got £80. I've pre-ordered from the PSN store as the blu-ray drive has gone on one of our PS3's and this means Jenxy and I can play together on both consoles if we wish.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Gonna wait for PS4 version if it does come it will save me some cash lol

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Gonna wait for PS4 version if it does come it will save me some cash lol
I was thinking that but when you see videos like the one below, see perfect review scores and see all your friends playing, it's hard to resist. :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Must resist, must resist!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll sell you my copy for £25 at the end of October Jamie.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll sell you my copy for £25 at the end of October Jamie.
Are you just buying to see how awesome it is and selling it before you finish it then?

I still can't make my mind up on this, already got a few top games to play through (AC3 and U3 for a start) and got BF4 beta early next month, but I can effectively buy this game for about £13-£14 as I have one of the games on the list already for the gamestop offer.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
If there isn't an online pass it's a deal :D
This is Rockstar you're talking about. They don't take part in such consumer extortion nonsense. That's what I love about R*, they deliver quality products without engaging in EA/MS type constructions to sqeeze more money out of us.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sure Max Payne 3 had an online pass.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Totally caved in and ordered this using the awesome £5 deal at Gamestop.co.uk (use link in first page to make use of the affiliates scheme).

Ordered myself a copy of GTA4 to trade in...alongside Defiance that i've not played for months. Total cost is just under £15 and losing a game i've completely lost interest in.

Not even bothered about the online mode on this...of course, willing to give it a try....the offline is where it's at with the GTA games and I really can't wait to see what kind of small 'stunt' type aircraft they have in this game.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My son's ordered the xBox version of this but I dont think I would get to play it for a good few weeks after launch so i'm nipping down to the local grainger games and blockbusters later on with my gamestop lists to see if I can get a couple of those games to trade in for a tenner.
I loved GTA4 and RDR when i got them but wasn't too impressed with the multiplayer side of them and after a couple of months they become repatative. In reality I do lose interest in most games after a month or two, especially when the next biggy comes along so I dont expect to be playing this after BF4 and GT 6 come out. Shame you cant rent a game for a month at a reasonable price.
I dont seem to be able to get back into games once I've moved onto another one. Not sure if its just me?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It looks like the Gamestop deal has ended as the page no longer exists. No surprise really as that would have been a very popular deal.

I've put the best three prices in the Bargain thread.

Last edited:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I dont seem to be able to get back into games once I've moved onto another one. Not sure if its just me?
Definitely not just you.

Once I stop playing a game I will rarely go back to it, it's part of the reason I will stick with a game and play it through to completion/platinum/100% depending on quality of game and ease of 100%/platinum....because once I stop i'll not go back to it.

Defiance being a perfect example, really enjoyed that game initially, but once I stopped playing it I never went back to it....hence trading it in for GTA5.

I'm hoping GTA 5 will be different though, much like the previous GTA games for me, I can run through and complete the game but then keep going back for a bit of mucking about.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Didnt really enjoy GTA4, it looked okay, played well enough, but seemed to lack the fun of earlier versions. I might get this later on, but I am trying to get round to finishing some of my back catalogue before I buy any more new stuff and that might be months away yet.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It looks like the Gamestop deal has ended as the page no longer exists. No surprise really as that would have been a very popular deal.

I've put the best three prices in the Bargain thread.
Oh bugger, Why didn't I get the pre order done sooner. Atleast I saw this post before I went and bought some games to trade in.
Might as well just wait till release day now and see if theres a supermarket price war or something.

Last edited by a moderator: