Playstation 3 old time gamers club

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am not at all envious with all of the SNRs that have bought a PS4 . I'm sure there are a few of us die hard retro console users still around. If you are an old time playstation 3 user, what are you currently playing and what (if anything) are you likely too be playing in the near and distant future?
How long do you think you will be sticking with the good old PS3 for ?
Will any of the PS4 owners ever want to play on thier PS3.s again?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh yeah I'll still be playing it. Ive got Beyond Two Souls to do

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Halo & I are still 'old-gen' PS3 gamers for now. We'll likely get a PS4 in the new year. In the meantime, we're happy to play some PS3 games online when we have time. I'd like to try Grid 2, plus we can keep KZ3/UC3/TLOU going for a bit. We'll also be playing some offline games to in an effort to whittle down the shelf of shame before we go next gen.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am not at all envious with all of the SNRs that have bought a PS4 . I'm sure there are a few of us die hard retro console users still around. If you are an old time playstation 3 user, what are you currently playing and what (if anything) are you likely too be playing in the near and distant future?
How long do you think you will be sticking with the good old PS3 for ?
Will any of the PS4 owners ever want to play on thier PS3.s again?
Well Rocksmith 2014 has arrived today! So that, also anything in my rather extensive backlog that I fancy playing. I have Back to the Future & Sam & Max etc that I fancy playing. Along with Sly Racoon and Jak & Daxter. Oh and Ratchet & Clank! Should be fun and not make me too irate.

I might get a PS4 in the New Year. Depends if I feel like it. I've started to play my PS3 more recently so there is hope for my gaming mojo yet! None of the PS4 games have jumped out at me either. I'd only really go for BF4 and Flower from what's on offer currently.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I'll stick with my PS3 untill it breaks down. GTA keeps me occupied for a long time and I have a few games left to finish (AC3, Far Cry 3 to name a few)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We've still got our PS3s for BF3, TLOU (me) and GTAV (Giv), so we'll still see you! :P

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm still planning on finishing TLOU, both on and offline.

Also Lego Marvel Superheroes.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only thing I would get for the PS4 is AC4, nothing else interests me yet.

Probably will end up getting GT6, shall stick with the PS3 until it dies, even then may not get a PS4 as now im working again gaming time is limited.

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS3 for me for a while longer. Will continue with BF3 and I must get on and finish RDR single player.

Giving GT6 a miss, I don't think it brings enough `new` to the table, shall wait for GT7 (which might be coming out next year 2014 if all goes well with Polyphony, but wouldn't be surprised if it rears its head in 2015).

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll be on my ps3 for GT6.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We shall remain on the ps3 till our 4 arrives. Bloody slackers didnt import enought......and we didnt pre-order soon enough.

BF3, gta5, etc etc. But game time is becoming limited lately :(

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm keeping my PS3 and am still playing Diablo 3, Uncharted and Last of Us. Maybe need for speed: hot pursuit and most wanted. Plus Grid 2 which I've not tried yet. Probably good idea to arrange events

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS4 is rubbish, it smell of cheese and dog fart, quite frankly I pity those who put down good money on this shonky Bat guano of a machine. I will be playing PS3 forever *

*or until I get a PS4 and then the PS3 can go to hell

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm still keeping my PS3, not a lot of games for PS4 yet and I still have a load of games to at least try and attempt to work through.
The Xbox 360 has been moved to make space for the PS4 (two generations side by side! ). The 360 now resides by the video player I also never use.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What everybody else said.

I'll look to get a PS4/Vita combo at some point next year but am currently skint, with no silver lining on the horizon, so no immediate rush plus I'm really enjoying the PS3 titles, with nothing particularly appealing on the PS4. I'm still hurting over the PS3 day 1 release, they were very bleak times!

I'm playing Diablo 3, Skyrim, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen & GTA5 at the moment.
Need to play a bit more Grid 2 too.

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cannot affrord a PS4 yet and apart from KZ Shadowfall I am not bothered about any of the new games yet so it's ps3 until it dies for us. We are hooked on GTA5 at the moment but if anybody is up for KZ3 give us a shout as I LOVE that game :)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Apart from KZS nothing to worry about either ;)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll probably give GT 6 a miss. Currently only playing GTA V , will be on the Battlefield at christmas , might pick up ghosts if I get bored with BF4 , then onto the PS4 in March when watch dogs comes out.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I have played more on m ps3 then my ps4 as . Have too man ga to fjish

Ok Martok the above o me typing on my mobile any ideas why it jeeps msing u. It takes m. Ages to correct most of . time I just close m owser and gie up on trying to repy?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have played more on m ps3 then my ps4 as . Have too man ga to fjish

Ok Martok the above o me typing on my mobile any ideas why it jeeps msing u. It takes m. Ages to correct most of . time I just close m owser and gie up on trying to repy?
My mobile keeps moving to the beginning of the post when I start replying to a quote. Find it well annoying as you get half a normal sentence out before it jumps to the beginning and overwrites the original quote before you notice it has happened.