Mobile PlayStation®Mobile (PSM) will cease distribution of content after July 15, 2015

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) has announced that PlayStation®Mobile (PSM) will cease distribution of content after July 15, 2015*1 and in-app purchases/re-download of purchased content will be discontinued after September 10, 2015.

In addition, “PlayStation®Mobile for Android,” which allows consumers to access PSM content on a variety of PlayStation®Certified devices, will also be unavailable for download after September 10, 2015.

Consumers will still be able to access and play the PSM content they have purchased, after September 10, 2015, by activating their devices*2 using the instructions below. Your device must be connected to the Internet in order to activate your device. Previously, content was automatically authenticated whenever the device connected to the Internet, but this will not happen after September 10, 2015.

More information regarding this press release from Sony can be found here

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not surprised, never saw the point myself.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Agreed. Android and Ios are too embedded now to be unseated

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Agreed. Android and Ios are too embedded now to be unseated
I agree. I love Android so that doesn't really bother me. I do worry about the future of dedicated PlayStation handhelds though. I love my PS Vita!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree. I love Android so that doesn't really bother me. I do worry about the future of dedicated PlayStation handhelds though. I love my PS Vita!
Me too. This could be Sonys last ever handheld

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
One thing on Playstation Mobile I hope Sony make into a proper Vita game is Tokyo Jungle Mobile. Its big brother on PS3 is awesome.

I'm sensing the Vita being Sonys last.... Hope not but with no new Triple A titles for a long time.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sensing the Vita being Sonys last.... Hope not but with no new Triple A titles for a long time.
I sense the same. Hopefully we're wrong. I believe even if there is another PlayStation handheld released, it won't be like the PS Vita, or rather, what the PS Vita started out as. It will be a machine for mostly indie titles, like the PS Vita has become. I like some indie titles, and some are quite impressive, but I usually like the bigger "AAA" titles more.
As I've said before, I love Android and I play on my smartphone a lot, but it doesn't feel like my PS Vita or playing on a PlayStation platform.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
There is no AAA titles in the pipe line with the exception of some jRPG the Vita is now mainly for Indie games. I loved Killzone Mercenary's and Unit 13 but it seems many didnt and now its just another dead device.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is no AAA titles in the pipe line with the exception of some jRPG the Vita is now mainly for Indie games. I loved Killzone Mercenary's and Unit 13 but it seems many didnt and now its just another dead device.
I love Unit 13! I haven't tried Killzone: Mercenary but it's on my list.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I love Unit 13! I haven't tried Killzone: Mercenary but it's on my list.
Its just like the full release PS3/PS4 version of killzone fantastic gameplay and looks stunning. I love FPS games so it appealed to me. If you like FPS games its a must buy, i'm sure anyone on here that owns it will agree

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Its just like the full release PS3/PS4 version of killzone fantastic gameplay and looks stunning. I love FPS games so it appealed to me. If you like FPS games its a must buy, i'm sure anyone on here that owns it will agree
Yeah, I've been wanting it since I first saw it, I just haven't purchased it yet.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Unfortunately Vita games are currently holding there value which means I doubt you will find it cheap anywhere.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Jkrohn1, I'm more worried about finding time to play it than I am about the price.

Last edited: