1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acegadgets, 18 Jul 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Mustn't have listened to them in 20 years. Just put some "Best of's" on my iPod.
    They still sound brilliant.
    They could release some of the tracks now and they wouldn't sound out of place.
    What other classic bands do that for you 2.

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Sex Pistols. I love listening to them on the train or walking through town. The start of Pretty Vacant still sends a chill up my spine.

3. shadstah

shadstah Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    I just returned from Lindos at Rock Rhodes, was for a tribute bands festival and the main headlining act on the second last day was a band called Think Floyd who were fantastic. They've played there now for the last seven years as part of Floyd Fest (which is just one night with the same band every year) but the Rock Rhodes thing lasts all week and the bands that play are amazing. Gonna go back next year and do it all over again.

Back on topic... Guns N Roses, the original line up, not the pish they have now. Easily best band in the world in the late 80's and early 90's and Hendrix who will always stand the test of time. Talking of which I saw Are You Experienced, the best Hendrix tribute act at Rhodes Rock as well....

4. shadstah

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Sort of related to the topic but there was another band at Rock Rhodes that stole the show. An up and coming band from Diss called Walkway Reason I'm putting this post and video on is because of Van Halen, another leg end who stands the test of time! The dude on the keys is Darren Redick, Dj on planetrock FM

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Fleetwood Mac Rumors era can't stand the Peter green stuff

6. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    You've now got me looking at Tripadvisor to see if theres anything similar to Rhodes rock later in the year, september ish. Cant find anything specific
    Any suggestions for a cheap holiday resorts where theres good bands playing in the bars? Possibly Greece, Spain Or Portugal ?
    Maybe I should start a holiday recomendations thread on here.

7. shadstah

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    There is the same thing here mate.. every March at Vauxhall Caravan park in Great Yarmouth they have Legends of Rock, it's the same thing as Rhodes Rock but in the UK. Best place to look for those is Classic Rock Tours

As far as anywhere else in Europe I've not got a scooby to be honest :(

8. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden

Seen Walkway live when the supported The Darkness. Seeing them again soon and more then once too.

I'm friends with the lead singer as well ;)

Bands I listen too a lot are: Iron Maiden, Queen, Black Sabbath and so on. I can't be bothered to list them all, just search me in last.fm and you'll get the idea.

9. shadstah

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    Awesome!! **jealous**

I'm mates with the whole band :P but talk more with Chris and the drummer Andy, spent the last Monday in Lindos with them before they played that night, which we ended up about 2 foot away from them as they played :evil: Chris is a cool guy, if you see him tell him "Scottish Mark from Lindos says hey" haha. I keep in touch with them still through facebook.

Yea Chris had said to me that they we're playing at Thetford on Saturday but it's a bit far for me to travel down too but apparently they were awesome. I've been letting Chris know of a few places north of the border so they can get some gigs as they've not played Scotland yet so hopefully they'll make it up here soon. Great bunch of lads :)

10. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden

Yeah I talk to Chris via Facebook, got all the gigs where they play within ten miles from mine on my calendar, got the wallpaper on my desktop and gonna get the EP and a few t shirts soon as well.

They are talented as well. In fact my cover on Facebook is of Walkway.

11. shadstah

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    I got their EP while in Lindos, after seeing all there gigs out there I had to buy it on the last night when they supported Think Floyd. Very talented bunch of guys, James is a fantastic guitarist.. in fact I think he should sell me his hands so I can reform my band :lol:

Wish I never stayed so far away so I could go see them more as they are going places and I see a bright future for them.

12. GusGorman

GusGorman Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    GusGorman
    Rush - Moving Pictures (1980) - A quality album which I listen to at least once a month since 1983

13. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I still listen to U2 quite a bit, but mostly like new bands. Don't really like heavy rock bands anymore, prefer the likes of Coldplay, Elbow, I am Kloot, Mumford and sons, Keane, but also like a variety of music from The View to Black eyed peas.

14. GusGorman

GusGorman Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    GusGorman
    I listen to loads of stuff but rock music is still my first musical love :evil:

15. shadstah

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shadstah
    I'll listen to any old garbage but my preferred music is Hard Rock/Metal/Thrash Metal :evil:*

*not quite a metal emoticon but it'll suffice :lol:

16. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Me likes all kinds of styles. Blues (Seasick Steve is good), Dance, 70's Disco (Sam&Dave, Beegees), Rock (Rolling Stones, Queen) Rap (Ice-T, Tupac), etcetera. But The Prodigy is my main preference (even have a tattoo) followed by Dance/Trance music in general.

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I like all music, but certain songs when I hear a violin being played will send a shiver down me. Although very classical music is boring and rap is repetitive. I still like some.

Speaking of music I think this guy has it right :)

Sexual Song Titles: