Photobucket users - change of ToS

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last month Photobucket changed their Terms of Service. If you have a free account, you will no longer be able to display any images you have there on other sites. So for example if you use it to host your signatures, they will no longer display on other sites. The only way around this is to stump up $399.99 a year. More details here:

Photobucket says photo-f**k-it, starts off-site image shakedown

Here on SNR we use an image proxy and so signatures are cached for a period of time (ideal for when images break elsewhere). However, once the cache starts to fetch images again, any Photobucket ones will disappear.

If you don't want to pay this extortionate amount to Photobucket, your only option is to host images elsewhere.

For signatures, the easiest solution is to use our Media Gallery and put them into the Signatures category, then use the link there (Share BB [IMG] Code if using it on forums, Share Image if using it elsewhere) to display your signatures.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, heard about it the other day and immediately switched to imgur.
I don't know who determines their pricing, but this is way beyond ridiculous!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last month Photobucket changed their Terms of Service. If you have a free account, you will no longer be able to display any images you have there on other sites. So for example if you use it to host your signatures, they will no longer display on other sites. The only way around this is to stump up $399.99 a year. More details here:

Photobucket says photo-f**k-it, starts off-site image shakedown

Here on SNR we use an image proxy and so signatures are cached for a period of time (ideal for when images break elsewhere). However, once the cache starts to fetch images again, any Photobucket ones will disappear.

If you don't want to pay this extortionate amount to Photobucket, your only option is to host images elsewhere.

For signatures, the easiest solution is to use our Media Gallery and put them into the Signatures category, then use the link there (Share BB [IMG] Code if using it on forums, Share Image if using it elsewhere) to display your signatures.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I have some historical video clips and animations up there, I'll make sure I grab them this weekend.