PS3 Papo & Yo

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Anyone else try the demo on this? I really liked it. A very slow and gentle puzzle platformer, with visuals remeniscent of Ico. The sixthaxis give it a very healthy 7/10, but do mention the games length is short, which I thought could be a problem.

Very strange game though. I think what hooked me was that it was loosely based on the game directors true experience as a child of his abusive alcoholic father, and the imaginary world he would take himself to.

Try it. I guarantee you wont have played a game like it before. This is why I think the PSN is better than XBLA for innovation. Theres more choice over at XBLA, but for innovation I think the PSN wins hands down. Youve got stuff like Noby Noby Boy, Datura, Pain, Flower, Journey etc, whilst all we've got is Counter Strike and Minecraft (cue mooning emote). Ok, that last comment was flippant, but the PSN really is awesome for innovation.

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Re: Papo & Yo

I downloaded the full game after trying the demo. I'm really enjoying it as a breathe of fresh air. I was a bit concerned initially when I saw two reviews. One gave it 3 and one 8. Eurogamer gave it the 8 and I'll go with them. I usually do! :)

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Re: Papo & Yo

I couldnt work out the house moving puzzle on the demo, so gave in easy and deleted it