The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Papo & Yo

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Slaine, 23 Aug 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Anyone else try the demo on this? I really liked it. A very slow and gentle puzzle platformer, with visuals remeniscent of Ico. The sixthaxis give it a very healthy 7/10, but do mention the games length is short, which I thought could be a problem.

Very strange game though. I think what hooked me was that it was loosely based on the game directors true experience as a child of his abusive alcoholic father, and the imaginary world he would take himself to.

Try it. I guarantee you wont have played a game like it before. This is why I think the PSN is better than XBLA for innovation. Theres more choice over at XBLA, but for innovation I think the PSN wins hands down. Youve got stuff like Noby Noby Boy, Datura, Pain, Flower, Journey etc, whilst all we've got is Counter Strike and Minecraft (cue mooning emote). Ok, that last comment was flippant, but the PSN really is awesome for innovation.

2. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Re: Papo & Yo

I downloaded the full game after trying the demo. I'm really enjoying it as a breathe of fresh air. I was a bit concerned initially when I saw two reviews. One gave it 3 and one 8. Eurogamer gave it the 8 and I'll go with them. I usually do! :)

3. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Re: Papo & Yo

I couldnt work out the house moving puzzle on the demo, so gave in easy and deleted it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice