PS3 Pain for PS3 going free-to-play

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Physics-based action title relaunching, Sony confirms

Pain, a 2007 PlayStation Network title which tasked players with hurling humans at inanimate objects, is being relaunched as a free-to-play title.

Sony announced its plans at the Brazil Game Show, confirming that Argentinia-based studio QB9 will be handling the relaunch. The title was developed by Idol Minds.

Originally released for PSN in 2007, the game's success prompted a Blu-Ray release which bundled all associated DLC, which included David Hasselhoff and Flavor Flav throwable characters, among others.

No specific dates for launch were offered, though Pain is still available as a purchasable title at present.

Sony has increased the number of free-to-play titles in its catalogue recently. LittleBigPlanet Hub was announced in August and is expected later this year, while the PS4 will boast several titles including Blacklight: Retribution and Deep Down, among others.

Source: CVG

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nice, it's a pretty funny game to play with a few mates round and the beer flowing.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I have owned this game since 2008 and as Col said, it's a hoot playing this with a few (drunk) mates. I got the Hoff downloaded as well and that is a real nice addition to the game. "I'm the Hoff and you're not, haha." KLUNK:rofl: