• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Online storage space

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
/:x engaged

Can you believe I'm out of online storage space for the ps4 already. Jesus its not even been a year yet. And why doesn't it show how much you've got left? And why is every bloody game save 11mb? I can appreciate the hdd running out, but not online storage, which by the way is unlimited for the Xbone.

And breath......

/:) engaged

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How much online space do you get then?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It does tell you what free space you have remaining and the total space on the PS3.

Saved Data Utility (PS3) > Online Storage

I'm guessing it shows the figures are for all storage even though it only shows PS3 saves.

I've got 886Mb free. Heck @Slaine, you must have played a heck of a lot of games! Time to clear out some junk saves.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
no idea what mine is, I take it that you share the storage space between PS3, PS4 and Vita then?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
no idea what mine is, I take it that you share the storage space between PS3, PS4 and Vita then?
I think so.

I think the storage figure on the PS3 may only be for PS3 saves. I've just totted up my PS4 saves and they are around 300mb, which is more spaced used than shown by the free space figure I mentioned earlier.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah @Martok they're separate for the ps3 vita and ps4. These damn ps4 saves are just too big. 54mb for Alien Isolation!!!:shock:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can you not copy them over to USB?
I could do. They total to 1.3gb, and I only possess a 1gb stick, which means I'd have to buy bigger. My gripe is I shouldn't have too. My ps3 and vita isn't full at all, and I've had them longer and have more games for them. Its not even been a year ffs, andits not as if I do multiple saves either.
Hopefully Sony will realise the storage quota is insufficient and bump it up again, like they did for the ps3, as I ran out therre before they increased it. The Xbone has unlimited storage.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I could do. They total to 1.3gb, and I only possess a 1gb stick, which means I'd have to buy bigger. My gripe is I shouldn't have too. My ps3 and vita isn't full at all, and I've had them longer and have more games for them. Its not even been a year ffs, andits not as if I do multiple saves either.
Hopefully Sony will realise the storage quota is insufficient and bump it up again, like they did for the ps3, as I ran out therre before they increased it. The Xbone has unlimited storage.
Be careful though as the ps4 doesn't recognise memory sticks that are too large (I think it's either 4 or 8 Gb max but I can't be sure - leaning towards 8 personally), and it definately doesn't like external hard drives

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think you only get 1gb online storage. Same as Vita and PS3.