OMG, YOLO, LOL!

GCHPB

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Firstly, the title is a joke as i read the guidelines post about saying hello and it just couldn't be helped to start off with a joke!

Hello

I'm Gav, 40 years old from Manchester.

Been gaming since the the age of 6 with the likes of the Atari consoles and never stopped. Currently plying my ineffective skill on a Playstation4, but virtually had every computer/console at one time or another in the last 30 years or so.

Taken a month offline as i've been finding myself addicted to Ark:SE early access, which i've been playing since March and was consuming my life, so had to take a break from all gaming for that month. Just currently waiting for GT Sport (been waiting forever) now and obviously RDR2 next year if it doesnt get delayed yet again.

Have a plentiful of gaming bountiness in my possession, I dont have a specific genre i stick to, some i havent played for a long time out of frustration and some i drop and pick up again sporadically.

Titles included the aforementioned Ark:SE, Elite Dangerous, No Man Sky, BF1, SW:BF, GTAV/O, Fifa(16/17/18), Fallout 4, Skyrim, Rocket League, Need For Speed, Ghost Recon, HZD , Destiny ... plus others like Uncharted4 which i played and sold on completion.

Like i say, looking towards GT Sport and RDR2 in the future but also have an eye on the likes on NFS Payback when i know know about them, so a few are in the 'maybe' category.

I dont play CoD's anymore. Run and gun shooters got old. Haven't touched BF1 and Star Wars Battlefront this year, as a FPS, everyone seems hides in tanks and vehicles. And i find it very annoying when hand pistols shot from the hip are more effective and powerful than an aimed machine gun to be a complete joke. So I'm still deciding on SW:BF2 this time as it may annoy me as soon as i buy it, will see if there's a BETA first and decide then.

So yeah, thats my gaming part of me.

The other, uninteresting parts are the usual things. Work, family and stuff i wont bore you with right now ;) (thats a wink by the way)

PSN is GCHPB, couldnt be bothered with a clever, imaginative name so just went for my initials. And that Sony wouldn't let me have BigHuge****** .... so hit me up or add if you want to play with me (game wise).

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings @GCHPB , welcome to Senior Gamers

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR @GCHPB
I'm also looking forward to GT Sport. I've had it on pre-order for over a year!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to Senior Gamers, @GCHPB :waving:

Going by the time of your post, it looks like you are a bit of a night owl, or someone on night shift.

So, how did you find out about Senior Gamers?

Good to hear about your gaming past and present. Any particular favourites you remember from the Atari 2600 or other last gen consoles? I went the Intellivision route and enjoyed the likes of Night Stalker and Burger Time, then on the earlier PlayStations I liked Resistance: Fall of Man, Killzone, Burnout Paradise and a bunch more that I won't reel off here.

Folks around here tend to play a range of games. Current titles include Destiny & Destiny 2, Elite: Dangerous, Warframe, Wipeout Omega Collection, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege and more besides. A few of us have also picked up Star Wars Battlefront seeing as it is currently £3.99 for the Ultimate Edition with everything in it. :D

Anyway, make yourself at home, have a nose around the place and start/join in discussions and hopefully you'll see some of us online soon. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hola @GCHPB - nice to make your acquaintance!

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Hi @GCHPB and welcome to our smelly place. Nice intro, although we do not have a sense of humour here. Most of us have left the best years of our lives behind us, which weren't pretty exciting to begin with. We even have a German member in our mids. He is still in quarantine though to make sure his frankfurter isn't leaking.

That being said, I hope you like it here and make a few friends. Talk to @HERMAN_JELMET first. He has the best cookies in the house. They allways make me feel jolly anyway.

See you online.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We even have a German member in our mids. He is still in quarantine though to make sure his frankfurter isn't leaking
I'm from Bavaria, we do not eat Frankfurters :D

GCHPB

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
apologies if anyone tried adding me and wasn't able to, forgot i had set my privacy settings to 'no one' when i was taking my break offline. should be available to now i think

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
apologies if anyone tried adding me and wasn't able to, forgot i had set my privacy settings to 'no one' when i was taking my break offline. should be available to now i think
Nah, think we were all too busy with Destiny 2! ;)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great to chat with you last night, @GCHPB! Apologies for being in the Iron Banner zone though. Things were going great until we came up with a 'plan'. :lol:

Hopefully our inane drivel wasn't enough to put you off! Catch you again soon. :)