Old Gamer from way back

Foundry37

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Jealous of my well off cousin because he had pong? Yep.
That neighbor kid who had a Odyssey? Yep .
52 yo originally from NYC but now living in Pittsburgh.

I have loved gaming before there was such a word. Always been into RPG's and the occasional platformer. Driving games can be a blast also(fingers crossed for Burnout series on PS4). I am very new to MMORPG and I might be starting Elder Scrolls Online soon,so stay tuned for a lot of posts asking for help.
My PSN id is Foundry37
I discovered Senior Gamers by looking into PlayStation Communities. So glad to have found this group.

Also into music. I play drums in a heavy rock band but like a lot of different genres.

Pretty much all I got.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey Foundry welcome, I'm sure the boss will be along soon to give you an grilling.

This site isn't one of the busiest but it probably has one of the best groups of people as members and there is always a game night or two going on.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome @Foundry37, make youself at home. We have cookies if you like stale.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @Foundry37
Great bunch over here, but there may well be a time difference as most of us are in Europe (Mainly UK with a few Germans, Dutch, Swedes/Danes thrown in for good measure but @Lectron17 & his better half as well as @Pernarcale are from over the pond). Don't think some SNRs sleep though so you may well stumble across some of them in the dark.....

What games are you currently playing at the moment? Main staples over here at the moment seem to be Destiny 2, Warframe and Gran Turismo Sport. On the FPS front I think Battlefront 2 is gaining momentum (Battlefield 1 was quite popular at one point).

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @Foundry37 :waving:

Glad you found us. :) Now you have posted an intro, your membership request for the SNR community on PSN has been approved. :)

Glad to see there's a gamer on here that's also past their half century :grandpa: There's a few of us who have made it to this ripe old age. Some like @Lectron17 who is also over the pond like you are is older still! :lol:

@Plaxinator has already mentioned the popular games at the moment. Do let us know what you are currently playing and hopefully some of us will meet up with you online sometime.

Lectron17

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome my friend... Glad to meet ya. Great group of peeps here.. Not sure but at 65(66 in 2 days I might be the "most senior gamer")lol. I'm still performing and doing studio work(guitar) and still love to game. So once again welcome...and keep Rockin bro!!

Foundry37

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm and great welcome.

I just got my PS4 so my lbrary for that console is fairly small. Currently I am playing Fallout 4. That is my "main" game. When I need a
different experience I put in Trivial Pursuit Live or Dangerous Golf.
Neverwinter or Skyrim will be next. I am still searching for a driving game on the level of Burnout. Until I find that I am looking seriously at Gran Turismo Sport,

On PS3 it was Elder Scrolls Skyrim,Oblivion,Burnout Paradise City,Fallout 3 and New Vegas and a myriad of other titles.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Lectron17

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Foundry... if your a big rpg player Skyrim is amazing..again, played it on 3 different systems lol can also recommend Assassins Creed Origins I'm really enjoying that game. Great missions... The world of ancient Egypt is diverse.,colorful, and the history you learn and playthru is totally engaging. Plus the assassin Byack(not sure if I'm spelling it correctly) is fantastic. I will get to Fallout 4 soon. You might also want to try Dragons Dogma... Great, very unique fighting system. Anywhose spk to ya later

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'd agree with assassin's Creed, loads to do, like chariot racing, fighting giant gods and an arena that is good fun.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Foundry37 and welcome.

If you can, try Skyrim with the VR Headset.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Belated greeting @Foundry37 - hope all is good.
Let me know how you fare with Skyrim VR if you go down that path!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm and great welcome.

I just got my PS4 so my lbrary for that console is fairly small. Currently I am playing Fallout 4. That is my "main" game. When I need a
different experience I put in Trivial Pursuit Live or Dangerous Golf.
Neverwinter or Skyrim will be next. I am still searching for a driving game on the level of Burnout. Until I find that I am looking seriously at Gran Turismo Sport,

On PS3 it was Elder Scrolls Skyrim,Oblivion,Burnout Paradise City,Fallout 3 and New Vegas and a myriad of other titles.

Any suggestions are very welcome.
Did you try Neverwinter in the end, by the way?