Oh Hi

DeanKind

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hi there,
My name is Dean Stewart and I am an old gamer

I'm 31, and I heard about Senior Gamers from Zoob who told me what this was all about, and I got intrigued, admittedly it took me awhile, as I'm a busy wee bee, but finally got round to signing up.
My gaming history...hmm.
I don't want to write a huge story, so I'll keep it brief (but make sure it's over 150, don't want to upset the higher ups with a shoddy post for my intro, lol).

I've been a gamer my whole life, starting with a Sega Master System and have been a gamer ever since, owning nearly every "main" console since. Still an avid collector today and still playing my games when I have free-time.
My favourite games tend to be single-player types, such as Mass Effect, Zelda, Elder Scrolls, CastleVania, Doom, Final Fantasy 1-10, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Chrono Trigger etc
But do get suckered into playing online/co-op games too such as Borderlands, Diablo, Overwatch, Streets Of Rage etc.

Anyway, hope this suffices, it's been a long long time since I signed up to any forum of any kind, so be gentle, please.

Hope you all have a nice day

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR Dean.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome on board @DeanKind !
Nice to see you here - hope all is fandabbidosey with you.

Just need to twist Zenphorine's arm into signing up now. :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @DeanKind :waving:

I presume by your location that you know @zoob in real life and have lived to tell the tale? ;)

Single players are great, have you played Horizon Zero Dawn? It's rather good. Dying Light is also fun if you don't mind some scary moments with zombies, plus you can play with others online if you want to (or not).

Good to see another Overwatch player. I rather enjoy the game, having played it a fair bit. Have you tried the new character, Doomfist? I've not played him much as I've been rather waylaid with Elite Dangerous and Horizon plus Dying Light in recent weeks.

Anyway, do make yourself at home, have a look around the place and feel free to join in discussions or post some of your own. Oh and also do dish some dirt on @zoob if you have any. ;)

Hope to see you online soon. :)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR @DeanKind.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Don't pay any attention to the stains on the carpet.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alright dude, Welcome to SNR.
I was in Menkind the other day, Any relation?

DeanKind

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome.
Yep I know @zoob personally (I now know how to link names, lol) though I don't know him that well, hopefully, more hook ups and more gaming sessions in the near future will solve that problem, he's always been a nice pleasant dude with me whenever I've met him :).
And yeah Zenphorine text me today saying she's going to sign up lol.

@Martok I have got Horizon but haven't played it yet...I tend to fully finish a game as much as possible before moving onto another game, I'm incredibly anal like that, and yeah was playing Dying Light with a pal, a lot better than Dead Island (Though I kind of liked that game too).

I have a friend who works at Blizzard in Texas, was able to test out Overwatch way before it was released, in mega early alpha stages, wasn't my type of game at all, but after a few tries of the now finished game, I'm starting to see why it's very popular, though frustrating at times, haha.

As for dirt on @zoob, nothing to share. I've still to give him back his Blu-Ray of Dredd (Awesome film btw).

I don't get the Menkind reference..sorry
I'm guessing its about my username, I've had this for a very long time, primary school actually, I was a big fan of a wrestler called "Mankind" and adopted the name from that. Just kind of stuck and haven't ever changed it lol.

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys, I'm gonna start browsing about now :)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It was a shit joke, Menkind is a blokes gadget shop.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome.
Yep I know @zoob personally (I now know how to link names, lol) though I don't know him that well, hopefully, more hook ups and more gaming sessions in the near future will solve that problem, he's always been a nice pleasant dude with me whenever I've met him :).
And yeah Zenphorine text me today saying she's going to sign up lol.

@Martok I have got Horizon but haven't played it yet...I tend to fully finish a game as much as possible before moving onto another game, I'm incredibly anal like that, and yeah was playing Dying Light with a pal, a lot better than Dead Island (Though I kind of liked that game too).

I have a friend who works at Blizzard in Texas, was able to test out Overwatch way before it was released, in mega early alpha stages, wasn't my type of game at all, but after a few tries of the now finished game, I'm starting to see why it's very popular, though frustrating at times, haha.

As for dirt on @zoob, nothing to share. I've still to give him back his Blu-Ray of Dredd (Awesome film btw).

I don't get the Menkind reference..sorry
I'm guessing its about my username, I've had this for a very long time, primary school actually, I was a big fan of a wrestler called "Mankind" and adopted the name from that. Just kind of stuck and haven't ever changed it lol.

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys, I'm gonna start browsing about now :)
Seen Doctor Strange yet? I have on 3D Blu-ray too, if you want a borrow - definitely worth a watch in 3D, as is Valerian which will be my next 3D purchase...

DeanKind

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Nah I haven't seen most superhero movies, I tend to like violent hero movies if I'm going to watch any, like Blade, Dredd etc. The good stuff :)
I'll might take your offer though and give it a bash :P

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi there,
I am an old gamer

I'm 31
I guess like beauty, age is also in the eye of the beholder.... How you're going to call us then? Ancient? Extinct? .... Pah, kids these days, I remember in my time, we *continues babbling while walking away in the distance*

But hey, do feel welcome here! :D

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I guess like beauty, age is also in the eye of the beholder.... How you're going to call us then? Ancient? Extinct? .... Pah, kids these days, I remember in my time, we *continues babbling while walking away in the distance*

But hey, do feel welcome here! :D
Hobble back in the cage. What age, maketh a troll ancient? ;)

DeanKind

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
lol, thanks :) Much appreciated @NVranya.
I say old...because @zoob warned me to mention my hatred of annoying little so and so's who have all had sex with mum every time I suck online, lol
And no matter how hard I try...I always need to "get gd"...*sigh*
I might be younger than some in here, but I do have an old grumpy man's attitude towards online-gaming, lol
I try my hardest to play nice and respect all etc etc...but even my patience has limits.

Anyway thanks again :P

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, "learn to play ffs", et cetera.
Rest assured, here it's just "play" and from what I heard, it doesn't even matter if you shoot your own team! :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, "learn to play ffs", et cetera.
Rest assured, here it's just "play" and from what I heard, it doesn't even matter if you shoot your own team! :)
/me whistles innocently

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Deankind's Publicity Machine Says EAT ME HERE: