Oh bugger

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Was going to post this in the Diablo thread, but thought it doesn't just apply to diablo 3.

Somehow I managed to delete my level 1015 Witch Dr, if you have played D3 you will have some idea of how long that takes.

To say I was pissed off is a understatement, a couple of days later it occurred to me that I hadn't checked the online saves and luckily there was a save on there. I lost 4 levels but that's not drastic.

So basically if you have any save you would hate to lose make sure it's uploaded regularly.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:o

Glad you didn't lose too much!

I've noticed that some games don't always seem to upload as often as I'd expect, not sure why. Also if you share games with your other half and therefore don't play on your primary console then saves only happen if you manually do them, so make sure you back up those important ones.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:o

Glad you didn't lose too much!

I've noticed that some games don't always seem to upload as often as I'd expect, not sure why. Also if you share games with your other half and therefore don't play on your primary console then saves only happen if you manually do them, so make sure you back up those important ones.
Aye and if you attempt to auto-download remotely, it'll download to the primary console too - ie "the other one"

But yeah, glad you didn't lose to much Mick!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aye and if you attempt to auto-download remotely, it'll download to the primary console too - ie "the other one"
I wasn't even aware you could do this (I've only downloaded directly on the console I'm using). How is it done?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I usually do it via the app but you can do it via any browser when visiting the store.

Purchase (or go to Download List to install older purchases, including PS+) then click on "Download to your PS4" - it should then be showing in your "Download Queue". I access these by clicking on your profile icon (on top right) and then scrolling down to view both Download List and Queue (after Redeem Codes).

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Screenshots
Screenshot_20190412-112804.pngScreenshot_20190412-112815.pngScreenshot_20190412-112824.png

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I usually do it via the app but you can do it via any browser when visiting the store.

Purchase (or go to Download List to install older purchases, including PS+) then click on "Download to your PS4" - it should then be showing in your "Download Queue". I access these by clicking on your profile icon (on top right) and then scrolling down to view both Download List and Queue (after Redeem Codes).
Oh sorry, I thought you meant download the PS Save data.

I always download any game purchases remotely, it's far easier using a browser to purchase from the store and download. But yes you are right, you do need to do it to the non-primary console manually (we always want the game on the primary too, obviously). Pre-orders are a pain too as they have to be done manually on the non-primary as well.