• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi OAP member asking for SNR Battlelog Platoon membership

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya,

just checking my battlelog stats and seen that realgooeycrap has submitted a Platoon membership request.

I know we are relaxed about other people joining SNR stuff, but want sure if I should click Yes or No on this request? I know OAPS are a bit pickey about people wandering off to other clans?

Unless realgooey is swapping clans??

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think the whole clan system is that way on Battlefield as in BF3 i was a member of 6, not sure if BF4 is the same but if so you can be a member of many and its easier to join friends this way. Is he a member here? Maybe he has played with a few of us and wants to play with us more?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't really understand this, i'm not sure what the point is in adding yourself to clans on battlelog other than an easy way of flying their banner (tags/graphics) and allowing you to take part in clan matches, which doesn't apply to us.

Not that I particularly have a problem with adding other players, it's meaningless.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Add him I say. As the others state, theres no harm in doing so anyway

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The only extra thing in BF4 is that if 5 or more platoon members (or is it 4?) play together it goes towards the stats.
So if SNR is his active platoon then even if he doesn't fly our tags, our SNR logo will show to players he kills and his stats will contribute towards the platoon if he plays with us.

If it isn't his active platoon then I don't see the point in him joining ours,as I've never seen him in any of our games, but either way I don't think it matters. Looks like he has joined GOs and OnR platoons as well. So maybe he's just trying to be friendly. I'm I loads of BF3 clans just because people invited me.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just tried to accept and he has hit his limit on Platoons, so I had to "Burn him" - as I am sure that is what @Slaine was really thinking when he was typing above.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just tried to accept and he has hit his limit on Platoons, so I had to "Burn him" - as I am sure that is what @Slaine was really thinking when he was typing above.
LOL nah not really. The voice of moderation me.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The only extra thing in BF4 is that if 5 or more platoon members (or is it 4?) play together it goes towards the stats.
It's recently been reduced to 2 platoon members.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can shed a light on how the Platoons work as I'm in 2 myself.

I'm a member of the OAP platoon and OnR one and I can switch between the 2 with a click of a button and contribute to clan ranking.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can shed a light on how the Platoons work as I'm in 2 myself.

I'm a member of the OAP platoon and OnR one and I can switch between the 2 with a click of a button and contribute to clan ranking.
Cheers for the clarification....is that something you can do in game? Or is it a battlelog thing (still doable in game via Battlelog i'm assuming but battlelog takes an age to load up in game)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do think that the SNR platoon is for people that actually do play with us. Not that we have to be everyones primary platoon, but if they never join games where there are SNR gamers it's only hot air anyway, and I hot air I can live without.

Perhaps we can be open for requests of membership and do an occasional clean up?

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers for the clarification....is that something you can do in game? Or is it a battlelog thing (still doable in game via Battlelog i'm assuming but battlelog takes an age to load up in game)
It's done via battlelog Col. To be honest, I'm not too bothered about platoon or clan support anymore. I have so many friends as yourselves from SNR and many different communities, I'd love to play with you all if I had enough time.:)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's done via battlelog Col. To be honest, I'm not too bothered about platoon or clan support anymore. I have so many friends as yourselves from SNR and many different communities, I'd love to play with you all if I had enough time.:)
Why did you buy a puppy then you silly man ;)

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
LOL yes there may have been some gentle persuasion on my part in getting Snoops, he's awesome but by heck has he eaten into our gaming time, mine especially.

Mainly just a Friday night gamer at the moment due to this, although didnt play this Friday, as turned my PS4 on and it wouldnt read discs. Googled and tried fixing through safe mode, wouldnt work, phoned PS support on Saturday who said to send it in for repair, then someone on Twitter said they had the same problem and told me to put the PS4 on its side for 5 mins and that should fix it and viola it did :D

Sadly I probably wont get on for some "proper" gaming until until next weekend, although I am sure will get a bit of time for Trials Fusion in the week.

I will have to actually have a go of BF4 with you guys one Friday, if anyone's about, although I'm sure I will just grumble and end up going back to CoD :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm actually enjoying CoD more then BF this time around as it actually worked out of the box and didnt need a tonne of updates just to make the basics work

Jenxy_

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm actually enjoying CoD more then BF this time around as it actually worked out of the box and didnt need a tonne of updates just to make the basics work
Yeah I really like it to, it plays well, I know a lot of people have been a bit down about the maps, saying that many are to big but personally I think its great to have a good mix of sizes and am enjoying the larger ones :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah I really like it to, it plays well, I know a lot of people have been a bit down about the maps, saying that many are to big but personally I think its great to have a good mix of sizes and am enjoying the larger ones :)
Bigger maps mean you stay alive longer ;) CoD games are all the same and not really ground breaking but they work and do the job they are supposed to.