• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

November could be the month that splits the SNRs...

AC:Unity vs Far Cry 4

• AC:Unity

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Far Cry 4

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
...into sub groups :cry:

I'm still not sure what to preorder, I was swaying towards Far Cry 4 but the forum hype regarding Unity is making me possibly sway the other way. :brick:

What to do, what to do :?:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Look I like assassins creed but it's not Far Cry, I fell in love with everything about FC3 not really interested in unity. Still need to finish AC3 and start 4 so Far Cry gets my vote.

We have been spilt before with Warframe and Battlefield, think it made the community stronger. Some people will get both but I'll just get FC when cash is in hand of course that's after the new CoD

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I lost interest in CoD after 3, I really enjoyed the world war II approach. Vietnam was the only other one I touched briefly after that. I'm looking forward to Rainbow Six Siege, god only knows when we'll see that one though

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can we have a 'neither' option?

I'm not planning on getting either, at least on launch anyway. I've still got Far Cry 3 (PS Plus freebie) and AC4 Black Flag to finish!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So much negativity lol
Not negative, I'm just being realistic on the number of games I still have to play. I don't want to have a huge shelf of shame of unopened games. ;)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have Assassins Creed pre-ordered so thats for me.

Did enjoy Far Cry 3 so will probably get 4 later on. Maybe second hand or something.

But eventually both.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have Assassins Creed on pre order, but after that I may get myself Far Cry. I played Far Cry 3 from PS plus and I enjoyed it but not as much as Assassins Creed :)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If we have a neither vote, shouldn't we also have a Both vote?

Also maybe a one now, other later vote.
A I don't want to vote vote.

Just saying.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Neither. Not till they are cheap.

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was hoping the group would help me make a decision... :?

I was trying to avoid the more expensive option.................sod it, buy all the collectors editions, which is my usual past tactic

I love a good statue (I can't help it, I'm a collector edition whore)

Last edited:

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think the original question really applies to us at SNR.

We tend to have one or two main games that are played by the community, in the past these have been Battlefield4 and Warframe.

Many other titles have come and gone in the time we've played those games but they've been the games we go back to and any other games generally are more like a break from the main two.

Destiny is a prime example of this, a good few people didn't get on with it, a good few people did but are already put off by the repetitiveness of it and a few of us are still playing this regularly....but as it drops off people will return to the old favourites BF4 and Warframe.

It doesn't help your conundrum though....my advice would be to buy the one you're most likely to want to play online with and grab the other one when it's cheaper.