• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Noob alert!

Crambar

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hi there,

Heard some good things about the site from fellow gamers and thought I'd come and join you guys. I've been gaming for quite a while all the way back to the Binatone and original Atari console, all the way through Vic20, Spectrum 48k with it's rubber keys, Atari ST, Amiga and PC before getting more into consoles again. As you can tell I'm no spring chicken (42) and would like to game with people of a similar age so I can reminisce about how good things were in the old days and moan about kids and their lightning reflexes and good eyesight. Am currently playing PS3,PS4 and Vita.

I don't mind FPS but am not that good and have a bit of FPS fatigue after playing battlefield to death. Am really into driving games at the moment and play GT6 on Friday nights with some old clan mates. Love F1 games and am currently on Driveclub which apart from the terrible server problems is pretty good if a little arcadey. The game I'm really looking forward to is Project Cars after I played it at EGX. It's a shame they delayed it as it was really polished and seemed finished but apparently the main reason was to stop it clashing with other big titles like COD, GTAV and Far Cry 4.

Look forward to catching up with a few of you online. Feel free to add me if you play any driving games, Destiny or are likely to get Far Cry 4.

See you in game,

Cram.

Last edited:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @Crambar. :waving:

Good intro, we like lots of info about gaming from the past. I started with the ZX81 before the Spectrum. Any favourite games from these you remember? I recall various games from Ultimate like Atic Atac as well as other games like Lords of Midnight.

So, who told you about this place? Do name names and feel free to dish any dirt. ;)

As a community we're a bit FPS centric at the moment though that's due to a lack of decent driving games on the PS4. DRIVECLUB was our hope but they've ballsed that up big style as most of us are waiting for the PS Plus version before committing.

Anyway, make yourself at home. Do read our About Us section if you haven't already which explains who we are as well as our membership options, which you can let us know what interests you in due course. :)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate and welcome to the Seniors. Nice to see someone else like me with the holy trinity (vita, ps3 and ps4):lol:.

Ive been currently terrifying myself with Alien Isolation which is now officially the scariest game I've ever played. But I am keenly awaiting the arrival of Far Cry 4 too (as well as Unity. I'm spoilt and greedy). And it is nice to game with others whose reflexes are woefully inadequate too.

Ive sent you a Friends Request. Look forward to a game or two soon:1thumbup:

Crambar

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hi Martock,Slaine.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I heard all about your site from a few guys I've been gaming with for years (Rootsrockers, Themaskedmarvel & Talon1978)

I guess my first memories of gaming apart from the binatone were playing space invaders, pitfall,gorf and pacman on the Atari. I think one of my best achievements in gaming is still when I clocked pacman for the first time. Unfortunately that kind of mindset has turned me into a little bit of a trophy whore but rest assured I'm still not as bad as Roots in that regard :)

On the spectrum I used to love match day which I played so much and another favourite was "how to be a complete bastard" which was an Ade Edmondson game which involved you going to a party and causing havoc. Putting superglue on the toilet seat and such shenanigans. I also loved Skool Daze which was great fun running around school, playing truant, firing catapaults at the teachers and running away from the school bully.

As far as the membership goes, I'd just like to be a regular member. Sorry forgot to check before I started writing but isn't that a senior citizen?

@Slaine Yeah still got my holy trinity. Just can't give my PS3 up as I have so many great games from PS+ that I've not even started yet. And the Vita is great for work as I get to game in my lunch hour and hardly ever have to buy games thanks to PS+

Last edited:

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @Crambar!

I'm waiting for other games (Unity, Dragon Age) and haven't touched Destiny in weeks, but I'll send out a FR anyways.

Edit: hm, if I remember later. Seems they changed the iOS app and I only see send by email or sms now. Probably me overlooking something, but need to do on PS -.-

Last edited:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah still got my holy trinity. Just can't give my PS3 up as I have so many great games from PS+ that I've not even started yet. And the Vita is great for work as I get to game in my lunch hour and hardly ever have to buy games thanks to PS+
I'm. In the same boat loads of free games from ps+ and not enough time to play them all.

Welcome to the Seniors, I'm currently grinding my way through Destiny. Not getting FC4 on release, need to finish more games before I get any more. Like Martok said there isn't many racing games, was really waiting for Driveclub ps+ edition before making my mind up in buying.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Will send you a friend's request :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As far as the membership goes, I'd just like to be a regular member. Sorry forgot to check before I started writing but isn't that a senior citizen?
Senior citizen is a full member. A standard member is what you are currently.

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @Crambar, enjoy the facilities here at the old's. On Friday's for a treat we get pureed roast pork :)
I am currently trying to get into a game but nothing I have is holding my attention at the moment, that and trying to find time to game. Though am looking forward to The Order in the new year.
See ya 'round
Be careful of @themaskedmarvel, he's a bully ya know.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @Crambar, welcome to our little corner of the www.
Make yourself at home and hopefully I will see you online sometime soon.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Howdy geez!

Crambar

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody and for the friend requests. Hope to game with some of you soon. :)

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I too am a PS3/PS4/PSVita owner. Also I still have a PS2 and PS1 as well.

I'm a racer. Racing in a league on Saturdays though currently in an off season to do some endurance races with them. The game is GT6, not the best GT, that's GT4.

Anyway, chuck us a friends request. Darth_Raiden (I do have DarthRaiden666 too).

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Talon1978

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Welcome you Crambar, nice to see you found your way here.

Would say I would send a friend request but you've been on my list for years and cant seem to get rid of you ;0) suppose use mad people need to stick together :0)