• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 No more subscription for The Elder Scrolls Online

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup its official. Just buy the disc for the regular price and thats it. Now I'm interested!!! Roll on June.:woot:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches 9th June on PS4
No game subscription fee for Bethesda’s epic fantasy RPG

We are excited to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited edition arrives on PlayStation 4 on Tuesday, 9th June! This marks the first time in the series’ history that you’ll be able to play an Elder Scrolls game on the console with your friends.

Tamriel Unlimited features all the major updates that the game has seen on PC over the last year plus many important changes that will be rolling out in the coming months.

The biggest change coming with Tamriel Unlimited is that you will no longer need a game subscription to play! Because we are removing the requirement for a monthly game subscription, you will now need to ensure you have an active PSN account with PlayStation Plus to play ESO as long as you like.

If you’ve played ESO on PC or Mac, you’ll immediately notice the major changes made to the game’s user interface. The game now caters to your Dual Shock 4 controller, and feels closer to experiences you’ve had with past Elder Scrolls games on consoles.

One of our biggest changes arriving in time for ESO’s PS4 launch is addition of the Champion and Justice systems. The Champion System is a totally new progression system for max-level characters, while the Justice System, which allows you to steal, murder, and be brought to justice if you’re caught! Stop there, criminal scum!

Tamriel Unlimited also debuts ESO’s new optional membership package, ESO Plus. With this premium membership service, players will be granted free access to all of the game’s DLC game packs; bonuses to XP, gold, and crafting; and a monthly allotment of Crowns to purchase items from the Crown Store.

What’s the Crown Store, you ask? This is an all-new merchant store to ESO game full of optional cosmetic and convenience items you can purchase for Crowns, a new currency allowing you to buy content directly from the from the PlayStation Store. You’ll be able to fully enjoy ESO without being a member, but we think you’ll really enjoy the benefits if you have fun playing the game.

Those that don’t enroll in ESO Plus can still expect free patches that implement fixes and other improvements along with optional DLC offerings you can purchase to add more adventures to the already-enormous game.

Between now and the game’s release, we’ve got plenty more to share on Tamriel Unlimited – including details on when you’ll first be able to play the game in beta. Until then, sit back and enjoy the fourth, and final part of our ESO cinematic trailer.

On behalf of everyone at ZeniMax Online and Bethesda, we look forward to having our Elder Scrolls fans in the PlayStation community join our adventure. See you online in June!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For those who have a sub or may want to sub here are the deatails.

What are the benefits of ESO Plus membership?

ESO Plus offers members exclusive in-game bonuses, a reoccurring allotment of crowns and access to all downloadable content (DLC) game packs for the duration of membership:

30-day Membership:

• 1500 crowns at the start of each 30-day membership period
  • Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership
  • Exclusive character progression bonuses for the duration of membership
    • 10% bonus to experience point gain
    • 10% bonus to crafting research
    • 10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
    • 10% bonus to gold acquisition

90-day Membership:

• 4500 crowns at the start of each 90-day membership period

180-day Membership:

• 9000 crowns at the start of each 180-day membership period
[Source]

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It would be wrong to pay again. When we have to pay to play online already.

I am now interested.

Lectron17

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Might try it now !! but to tell ya the truth it looked kinda blahh!!!

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have it on pre order.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would prefer to play Dragon Age Inquisition over ESO, people I know who adopted into ESO early don't have anything positive to say about it. The fact its soon gonna be F2P has made them more negative about it but the big picture is it wasn't the game people expected and so they need to try and make money somehow and removing the subs and adding stuff to buy might make them money or it might destroy the game, we will all see.

DamiXX5

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
How cool! Another reason to get a Ps4. I've loved 'em all but no way was I going to pay $30 per month for 1 game. I still remember fondly the infinitely spawning and random map of Arena (ground-breaking at the time) and the final lich battle. Hopefully too, it will mean they'll finally make the sequel to Skyrim, that they said they would.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a fan on many different franchises. If I had to pick one as my absolute favorite, it would be The Elder Scrolls. This is easily my most anticipated game this generation. I just hope it compare favorably with the offline releases.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Struggling to sleep, Just pre ordered from ShopTo for £39, 5 days to go.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't forget you can relive those old memories of Daggerfall (Download) while you wait. The last time I downloaded this it needed the DOS Box emulator (or similar)

Arena (download) and the Red Guard graphic novel (Download) are also available.

Last edited:

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've stuck my pre-order in this morning.

Found a nice wiki to get us prepared, still can't decide on which race to go this time around. Previously I've gone with the Breton and the Khajiit races

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was Argonian In Oblivion and Orc in Skyrim, I need to have a good look at the stats before deciding.