1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 No Mans Land & Renegade Ops : Preboot

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Slaine, 26 Jul 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Both of these are Playstation Home games, released yesterday. WAIT DONT GO I HAVENT FINISHED YET!!!

Anyway, long term listeners will know Im a fan of Home, and I think a new visit could surprise many of you. First up is the free to play cover shooter No Mans Land, which has some surprisingly high production values. Check out these vids....

See, wasnt so bad was it?

Next up is Renegade Ops:Preboot. Now I wouldnt recommend buying this, but PS+ members can download it for free from two of the shops in the Malls. This then gives you an arcade cabinet to put into one of your Home spaces and play this anytime you want. The game itself is very old school, pixelated graphics with a top down twin stick shooter approach. I started playing this and thought what a pile of crap, but after a while I was hooked and ended up completing it. Worth a look, especially as its free.

[​IMG]

There is quite a lot of stuff over in Home now. The only thing its missing is trophy support, which could bring over a load of detractors. Gone is the pointless game launching platform (you can still do that). Instead Home is now a hub of social connectivity with a plethora of mini games, some of which are pretty damn good (I like the Resistance one the best). Anyway, hope to read below that Ive managed to convert some of you, if for no other reason than that your kids really like it (my girls love it and call it "walk around" :lol: )

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Liking the look of No Man's Land. I stopped using home as it was a bloaty harddrive hog and I didn't have much space on my 60gig. Then I ran out of space on the 120Gb replacement and the first thing to go was Home. Another thing that drove me away was the constant push of microtransactions. So, with money in mind does No Man's Land cost money or is it F2P?

Abs

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Nope its absolutley free. Like everything in Home its driven by micro-transactions, but you really dont have to buy anything.

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Re: No Mans Land & Renegade Ops : Preboot

I also stopped using home due to lack of interest and the huge space it took up on my ps3 :(

I might get it when I get my 1tb slim in a few months