The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi No Man’s Sky Atlas Rises update brings new story, low altitude flight, joint exploration & much more

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Martok, 16 Aug 2017.

Tags:
  1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Watch the video overview of what’s coming today for PS4’s sci-fi adventure

Hello! It’s been a year since No Man’s Sky first released, and it’s been an exciting, intense and emotional time for us at Hello Games. We have been quiet, but we have been listening intently.

We’ve spent that year working hard on updates. Update 1.3, releasing today, is our biggest to date and will be available for free to all No Man’s Sky players.

Watch the trailer and read on to learn a bit more about what you can expect to discover in the latest update, a lot has changed in a year!

Atlas Rises
    Featuring a new central storyline players can discover more about the universe and themselves, as well as a wide array of new and improved features. Whether you’re a veteran interloper or completely new to the No Man’s Sky universe, there has never been a better time to start your journey.

Full patch notes are available here.

[​IMG]

Here’s a quick run down of the main features:
    • 30 hours of branching story and deeper lore
    • Procedurally generated guild missions
    • Much deeper interstellar trading
    • Star Systems have varying wealth, conflict and economies
    • Overhauled Space combat controls, weapons and AI
    • Portals stargates enable quick travel
    • Terrain manipulation for more complex bases
    • New farming and mining interactions bring increased depth
    • Increased biome variety and Rare exotic biomes
    • Analysis visor & discovery improvements
    • Galaxy map and many other UI improvements
    • New S Class ship designs
    • Low altitude flight and the ability to crash your ship
    • Crashed Freighters to salvage on planets
    • Joint exploration
    Our story gives a new context, quest system and branching narrative to No Man’s Sky. In the Atlas Rises story, the fabric of existence is starting to falter. A mysterious new interdimensional race have appeared, and ancient portals have begun to open.

[​IMG]

Glitches in the simulation, visualised by strange floating orbs, allow players to see and communicate with up to 16 other travellers and explore the universe together. While interaction with others is currently very limited, this is an important first step into the world of synchronous co-op in No Man’s Sky.

We hope you enjoy this and what follows – look forward to seeing you out there!

[​IMG]

This week marks the one year anniversary of No Man’s Sky and on behalf of myself, and the team at Hello Games I just want to say – Thank you for this year. Thank you for playing, providing feedback, discovering, sharing and so much more…

Our journey continues.

Source: Today’s No Man’s Sky Atlas Rises update brings new story, low altitude flight, joint exploration and much more

zoob likes this.
  2. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    I'm very excited about this.

The general consensus seems to be that it is worthwhile starting over to maximise the experience.

3. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    I wonder if we can now access Atlas 3 doors in space stations?

4. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I would say it's a modest improvement, there is now lots more to do, but it's a bit of a grab bag, if you really didn't like the game before it is not going to change your opinion, but if you liked it, but felt it was lacking stuff to , like I felt , the new stuff is very welcome. Although the grinding for resources seems to slow your progress quite a lot. The base building provides a good introduction to game by providing missions which introduce many of the game concepts to you. The crashed freighters are pretty but little more than scenery as far as I can see. There are lots more aliens at space stations and the like now, so the universe feels a little more populated and there is more diversity in the planets I think in terms of how populated they are and the frequency of resources. I always liked the game so it's all fine by me, although getting money in the game is harder work now, but I suspect many spacers will have moved over to elite which seems more hardcore.

zoob and HERMAN_JELMET like this.
  5. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    I liked it before, all good.
    Just need to earn the survival medal then the platinum is mine. Mwahahah

6. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    ATLAS RISES PATCH 1.35
    September 1, 2017.
    Hello!

Patch 1.35 is here and introduces a number of quality of life tweaks and changes, while also fixing some of the remaining issues you’ve reported to us. The patch will be available on both PC and PS4 today! Here’s a closer look at what you can expect:

Features and changes

• Introduced ship handling variances between types/classes. Each individual ship now has procedural handling and speed characteristics, based on their type and class
    • Handling is now displayed as a value on the ship statistics screen
    • It’s now possible to craft multiples of the same product at once
    • Added the ability to craft more of the same product on top of an existing stack
    • Improved transferring items between inventories
    • Added a toggle to switch from buy to sell screen on the trading menu
    • Added variance in handling between ship types
    • Improved the appearance of popup menus
    • Improved speed and smoothness of user interface page transitions
    • Reduced the amount of resource required to repair tech in Survival mode
    • Improved visuals for editing terrain
    • Improved display of critical warning messages
    • Added message to notify the player if they select a portal glyph they have not yet learned
    • Added additional information to the quick menu when the player attempts to charge something with insufficient resources
    • The quick menu will now automatically close after selecting an option
    • Alien words which have been translated are now highlighted in interactions
    • Improved messaging when portal glyphs are rewarded
    • Improved user interface navigation using Q, E, W, S and A and D keys
    • Added ability for player to enable torch while in caves
    • Improved galactic map saturation, colours and effects
    • Added an option in the galactic map to toggle user waypoints
    Bug fixes

• Fixed an issue preventing players with very long play times being able to save
    • Fixed an issue where black dots would occasionally appear while looking into the sun
    • Added audio when interacting with portals
    • Prevented hazard effects showing while teleporting or warping
    • Prevented mission log opening when you unpin recipes
    • Prevented players being able to scan creatures through the terrain
    • Fixed an issue causing extremely distant points of interest to show when scanning
    • Removed large white marker which would occasionally show up permanently over buildings
    • Fixed an issue where visited buildings would not correctly update their icon
    • Fixed an issue where visiting a building would not correctly mark nearby waypoints as visited
    • Fixed an issue where scanning buildings would not also scan nearby waypoints
    • It’s no longer possible to lose the Atlas Path by using a black hole
    • Denying the Atlas Path will no longer show you the Atlas Path
    • Balanced the damage potential of the Scatter Blaster upgrade
    • Players will no longer be directed to the anomaly in systems where it can’t spawn (e.g. when an Atlas Station is present)
    • Prevented portals from being incorrectly left enabled at times they shouldn’t be
    • Removed grass from bases created prior to the Atlas Rises update
    • Completed freighter salvage missions will no longer be incorrectly re-added to the mission log
    • Fixed issue where your base teleporter can be duplicated and incorrectly labelled in teleporter location lists
    • Prevented incorrect distant paths being drawn in the galactic map
    • Fixed an issue where galactic map paths would draw incorrectly
    • Fixed an issue where players could manipulate mission boards to get multiple of the same mission type
    • Fixed an issue where system race was being displayed incorrectly when talking to mission NPCs
    • Fixed an issue that caused general ship handling to overly effect ship boost handling
    • Spoiler warning: Fixed an issue where some players were not rewarded the Remembrance recipe at the conclusion of the story
    • Fixed some rare crashes
    If you come across any issues, don’t hesitate to report them to us over at our help centre!

Solo-nite and IamNumber6 like this.
  7. Solo-nite

Solo-nite Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Solo-nite
    I have been playing a ton of no man's sky since Atlas update, this is the game it should of been at launch. There's so much to do and it looks amazing on 4k with the new texture update.

IamNumber6, zoob and Martok like this.
  8. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    That seems to be the general opinion!

I've reinstalled it on the lady's machine so I can play it there next time she leaves me to my own devices. Decided I'll start a new save too. :)

Solo-nite likes this.
  9. Solo-nite

Solo-nite Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Solo-nite
    Yea I tried carrying on with my save but the base was messed up so I made a new normal story save and I am glad I did cause the new narritive story is so better from start

zoob likes this.
  10. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Coolio. The base I started was purely an exercise in physics (or lack thereof) so happy to lose that. Looks like there are enhancements to crafting survival gear so hopefully that platinum will be mine before long!

Solo-nite likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice