1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Nice to see you to see you nice......

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kencanvey, 30 Jun 2012.

1. kencanvey

kencanvey Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    kencanvey
    Hello

I am Ken Laidlaw (PSN kencanvey)

You may know me from some games like " Gone with the Grenade" and "Carry on Camping" .
    To those that don't know me, I am 48 years old, single, Huge with log hair and enjoy running around with a knife shouting blood blood and laughfing!!! (in online games of course) :wtf: :crazy:

I live in the West Midlands :yawn: which is a really nice place :shifty: and share a house with my niece Nicky, PSN rockyjayne, and her other half Jason, PSN whyteknight74, 3 cats and two sieberian huskies!! :)

I was for a while an OAP, but left there. I have continued on my quest to unnerve fellow players by running up to them shouting behind you and them finding only me!! :problem: :errno: .
    I still have my trusty fat PS3, on which I play KZ3, BF3, MAG(still).

My history of gaming began with a couple of old games boxes then went to Speccy, C64, Amiga, PC(still) and of course PS3.

Oh and I would like full citizenship if that would be OK :angel:

See ya online

Ken

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Ken, glad you came over here and nice to talk to you again. :thumbup:

You're incredibly lucky to still have your fat PS3 still going!!! :o :o A lot of them have got the dreaded Yellow Light Of Death now (as mine did). Keep that bad boy well ventilated and the vents clean!!

Anyway, hope to get a game or two going with you soon.

3. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hiya Ken mate, it's good to see at least one other person here who likes BLOPS :D

chuck us a F/R if you got room on your list :thumbup:

4. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Kenny Ken Ken, I knew you'd find your way here :)

5. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new place, Ken. :D

I didn't realise you were 48. I'm liking the fact that there are now several sign-ups who are older than my 45 years. :clap:

I hadn't realised that you had left OAP?! Officially you are still a full member over there going by your colour on the site. You may want to let them know, though it does seem that they are Chumming some folk who become full members here anyway.

We really must meet up more on KZ3! I think you joined us one Tuesday but not seen you since then. We'll be on again this week so please do join us killing those Helghan scum! :evil:

Do tell us some more about your gaming past. What games do you remember on the Speccy, C64 and Amiga? What do you play on the PC? Did you have the PS1 and PS2 and if so, what were your favourites on these?

Anyway, you are well known to many over here already and both Halo & I have met you personally at a meet. I think I'm qualified to say that you're a nice guy. :thumbup: Due to this, though we will normally have more prodding and poking of new members before they are let in, in this case I'll do the honours now (though you'll still be prodded and poked and I expect answers to my questions, sonny! :grandpa: :lol:

Arise, [SNR] kencanvey! It's great to have you on board. Now go and fly the [SNR] tags and let folk know we're here! You can also sign up to our Battlefield 3 clan here and I'll chuck you a KZ3 clan invite next time I'm on. :)

6. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hi Ken, nice to see you here.

7. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hiya Ken. Long time no see. My fat ps3 still purs like a kitten as well. Although senile rouge lion would be more apropriate ;)

Catch you online soon mate and welcome.

8. kencanvey

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    kencanvey
    Hi Martok- and all :D coo special dispensasi--tio---sho you let me in quick! ta! ;)
    Hey still want me probin though!!!! :wtf: :shifty:

Yes, I was 48 on the 24th this month!! err and I still am now :rofl: :wtf:

Blimey games on the speccy n c64!! erm manic mina, monty mole, T.T.L (tornado low level) crazy comets (frantic game good music) some adventure games, I think one of them was legend of kyrandia C64 and amiga errm amiga games Necronom great soundtrack, Alian breed, quake, hexan I also used the C64 to make music I had Commodore 64 SoundExpander FM synth, also a drum cartdrige add on using sampled drum sounds and a program called Electrosound 64 to use the C64's SID synth chip (I had 4 C64s using midi together I was a bit of a J M Jarre fan then ;) )
    I also had a sampler cartdridge for the amiga 500+ I had and music software for the amiga 600.

I had access to a few old games consols like the atari 8bits, a coleco vision, and smegadrivel consol :lol: never had a proper one of my own until the PS3 so no ps1-ps2 etc as I was mainly a computer nerd in the making.... :lol:

looking forward to a bit of KZ BF3 etc I must sort out my headset though!!! :grandpa:

9. Wilks

Wilks Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Wilks
    That made me laugh. :clap:

Welcome Kenny.

10. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hey Its Canny Ken
    Nice to see that you made your way here. I've been tempted to buy Black ops just so that I can play with yourself and your two housemates (not your cats or dogs), as I get invites off jason from time to time. You and your family are often the only people online playing games when I am but its generally Blops.
    Can I not temp you to to get Starhawk or Dirt Showdown?

11. roger947

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    You need to get this game Ace, the custom game modes are hilarious. :rofl:

i'm sure Ken will agree on this, they are always a laugh

12. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    If I could get a kevlar bulletproof vest that was inpenatrable as a perk (and i was the only one to have one) and I could get a filter that would not allow Merican brats into the same game as me then I would get myself black ops.

13. roger947

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    custom games are played amongst friends. so no yank teens unless of course they're on your F/L :D

14. kencanvey

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    kencanvey
    Actually its the other two who play black oops as I don't really rate it that much although I do dabble now and then ;) I prefer BF3 (just got premium and I like it) or even KZ3 and even MAG getting on a bit but then so am I :grandpa:

Starhawk or Dirt Showdown errrm no!! beta tested SH didn't like it and not really into driving/racing games sorry :( and for the foreseeable future I am skint!!!! :thumbdown: ;)

It will be nice to be involved in some organised chaos errm games again :lol:

One thing I will add to my list of things I do is a bit of begginer photography, I got what's known as a bridge camera not point and shoot but not SLR, it's a FujiFinepix s2980 14 meg pix 18x optical zoom and takes HD video too, I like it as it can be point and shoot or I can bugger up the picture by fiddling with the settings :thumbup: :? :lol: If I get to like a bit of piccy taking and I ever have money again!! I may at some point get a Digital SLR.

15. Alien_Chick

Alien_Chick Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Alien_Chick
    Hi Kencanvey, it's been a while since we played online and I seem to remember you were very good at shooting me!!! Catch you soon :)

16. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
  17. kencanvey

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    kencanvey
    I just wanted you to notice me!!!!! ;) :shifty:

18. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    I noticed you Ken we played catch on KZ3, I threw you a rocket and you politely caught it :evil: .

Good that we are meeting on the battlefield again.