• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Nice site and live streaming android games

farmglitch

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Hey I am a fellow Xenforo site owner and user and stopped by to check out you site after seeing a post from Brogan about it. Its very nice and well designed. Do you ever do any live streaming games? I live stream local concerts in the St.Louis area and have decided to also start streaming out Android market games. Any way I was just curious if this was something you guys did here. Thanks

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @farmglitch, I recognise your name from XenForo. :)

As we're a PlayStation community, our focus is pretty much on PlayStation games. A few of our members have Twitch and Ustream accounts, which allow you to stream live games. You can see these in our Media section in the Gaming Category (they are subcategories). I don't know if anyone actually does stream their gameplay though.

@DrewePeacock, @HERMAN_JELMET, @Jkrohn1, @Slaine, @DOONY, @Doopys Dad - any of you streamed your gaming? Anyone else?

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have a few times, although not recently.

DOONY

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I've streamed some Fifa matches and been haggled by some brats but I don't really like losing a sizeable chunk of my screen when using it.

farmglitch

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
I've streamed some Fifa matches and been haggled by some brats but I don't really like losing a sizeable chunk of my screen when using it.
What capture card are you using to stream? I have an Elgato Game capture HD and it gives you the option to have an extra HDMI out to anther screen so you do not have any delay or loose size. Although I must say I have never tried to stream with a playstaion.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What capture card are you using to stream? I have an Elgato Game capture HD and it gives you the option to have an extra HDMI out to anther screen so you do not have any delay or loose size. Although I must say I have never tried to stream with a playstaion.
No capture cards are required with the PlayStation 4, it's all built-in.

farmglitch

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
That's really cool I hadn't heard that. Can u stream other media besides the games like a Webcam?

farmglitch

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
I am streaming a game for my Kindle on ustream. If you search Tune St.louis on ustream u will see it. It's my first time so come have a good laugh.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I stream every now and then on Twitch. And thats only on the ps4 as its so easy. The ps4 has a dedicated streaming app built in to let you watch live streams from USTREAM and Twitch. Sadly these are only for the ps4, as is the audience interaction for some of the games

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's really cool I hadn't heard that. Can u stream other media besides the games like a Webcam?
I stream via my PC and PS4, You can stream playroom which in effect is just your PS4 Cam (webcam) with virtual graphics like a flying robot etc. You may have heard about something called The Spartan Show from November last year http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/22/couple-stream-call-in-show-on-playstation-4/ basically a couple made a call in show using the PS4 and the Playroom game.

For steaming Via PC I use a program called OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), It uses a lot of CPU power so you need a good setup to get it going, there is alternatives like capture cards and other applications like shadow play but I just use OBS as its easy to setup and free. If your looking at streaming PC gaming I would recommend OBS https://obsproject.com/

I think your Elgato Game capture HD is rated one of the best devices for beginners but I have not had one so cant comment on how good it is or if its easy to setup.