New Year's Resolutions

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Do you set yourself New Year's Resolutions? If so, what are yours for 2014?

I don't set them as I'm not usually very good at sticking to them. However, I will be attempting to get fitter next year, having not really cycled much in the last couple of years (shame really considering I did several 100+ mile cycle rides a few years back). One thing I do plan to do though is buy a PS4! :D

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pretty much the same as you @Martok although I did the get fit thing from a year last October - cycling to work has helped me lose the best part of 4 stone & more importantly, keep it off. (I turned 39 in 2012 & was approaching 40 with a 40"+ waistline - midlife crisis anybody?)

I too plan to get a PS4 but firstly I need to pay off some debts & seriously cut back on the booze, allowing me to be a bit more creative - sadly 2013 was a bit of a no-goer & most of my plans failed to come to fruition. Time to do something about it.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't make any resolutions, but I am definitely going to get a new front door and redecorate the dining room.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lose weight. I need to lose loads. Thing is, the money I save on takeaways I can plough back into the ps4, so its a win win situation :D

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm gonna get really fit! I already do workout a lot (mountainbike and running), but in the next year I'm gonna focus a bit on strength to, plus that I'm gonna cut back a bit on the sweets. The goal is a mountainbike marathon (105 km single track) in september. That's should be reachable!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sod all.

Cant be bothered with all this keep fit nonsense, did my share of 60 miles a day on a bike almost 30 years ago, if I want to go anywhere I will jump in the car and drive there.

Yes i'm a lazy b'stard.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not gonna bother doing a resolution this year, but I need to get fit again.
After running a full marathon last November I have done absolutly nothing since. Gotta change that.

An end to soft drinks would be on the list if I was gonna do one.

Martok, keep us posted on your fitness progress.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Never made one, but since being a Dad I've not done anywhere near as much. Now I'm in my 40's as John Bishop stated you're at the point in life whereby you have two choices as a man:

1. Fit

or

2. Fat

I'm going with option 1, as for the first time in my life, I've a little belly appearing.

Happy New Year everyone :D.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
having not really cycled much in the last couple of years (shame really considering I did several 100+ mile cycle rides a few years back).
...is that with thin or thick tires?

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Err lose the baby weight, thats the plan for this year, suppose that means eating less cheese.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Get more gaming in.

Anyone want to buy a baby?