• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 New Thief PS4 trailer – everything you need to know

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New Thief PS4 trailer – everything you need to know

It’s a wrap! After litres of coffee and buckets of sweat, I’m thrilled to be able to scream it from the rooftops:THIEF IS DONE!! That’s right – THIEF HAS GONE GOLD and will be available later this month. To find out everything you need to know about the game we’ve created a new 101 trailer to get you all excited.

Thief really brings to life the fantasy of being the ultimate Master Thief: planning a heist and infiltrating your target, avoiding all the security measures in your way, grabbing the most precious loots and escaping without getting caught.

I’m particularly proud of all the efforts the team has made to honor the history of the franchise while remaining connected to the gamers of today. This is something that our studio Eidos-Montréal achieved first with our previous game Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Fans of the original Thief will be relieved to find the ingredients that made it one of the most respected franchises in the industry. The game doesn’t take gamers for idiots, it’s far from easy, and you can complete it without killing a single enemy or even being seen.

But it is not only designed with long-time fans of the series in mind. A new generation of gamers will also have a chance to discover why Thief, one of the founding fathers of the stealth genre is so well-loved, to explore the rich lore of The City and to experiment with a different style of gameplay that emphasises thoughtfulness and patience as well as skills and reflexes.

We respect players. I know it sounds like empty pandering, but we really do take it to heart. We’ve given you a huge amount of options to customise your experience to enable you to play exactly as you prefer.

You want the most complete immersion possible? We let you remove any clutter from the screen: the interface, the reticle, any visual indicator that isn’t part of the game world.

You want the most extreme stealth challenge? No problem, try the Iron Man mode which results in Game Over if you die – whether it’s at the beginning of the game or in the very last mission after hours of play! And the reverse is true for players who mostly want to enjoy the story, who can take advantage of different options to help them through the game.

The development team has given their best to ensure this Thief is worthy of its legendary predecessors. We’re huge fans of the original games in the series and the new game is a genuine reflection of the passion and talent of a truly dedicated team, and we cannot wait to share it with you all on later this month when you get to play the game on 28th February across Europe and PAL territories.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Must admit I quite like the look of this.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still sitting on the fence about this, but the more I see the more I'm tempted.
Mrs Vee like the look of it.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
its available as a pc download for £19.99, still not sure about it.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Square Enix made Hitman absolution last year which I really didn't like . There seems to be a few similarities so ,,, I'm out.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It would be unrealistic to expect a perfect 10 from every purchase, and from what ive seen I guessed a 7 out of 10 would be the Metacritic score (which it is). Happy with my preorder, and I'm desperate for more ps4 games, so pretty chuffed

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So Slaine you have played this a little now whats your verdict? And if you have posted a your view on here i will probably see it in a few hours :D (Clearing my backlog)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Jkrohn1 I'd have to say my original score wasnt far off. 65% would be pretty accurate scoring. The stealth is pretty good, and some of the puzzles are bloody tricky. All the reviews slate the story, stating its nonsensical and irrelevant. I'd strongly disagree with this. Its no Uncharted, but I am curious to progress all the same. Its not completely free roaming, and you occasionally have to go through some not so clever loading as you make the transition to a new area.

On the plus side, the combat system is fair. I say fair, as you're not Solid Snake. You're a thief, and any combat skills are secondary. This is a good trade off, as it stops you clearing an area of enemies and thieving at your leisure. Theres a bit of discovery too, as you get to grips with your gear. The area is huge, and there really are multiple ways to clear a level.

For those of you looking for another AAA game say like BF4, walk away. But if your after something a little different during this ps4 game drought, then you will have fun with this. I like it.

I bought Rayman for £25 too. I was really surprised how much I like this. Definitely worth £25.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, I initially liked it but it's appeal doesn't last.
It doesn't really have a great deal of freedon, seems very linier.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK well I think I'll wait for the normal price drop then lol