New theme

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As you will no doubt have noticed, we have a new theme. :)

For some time now we have been thinking of how to make the website friendlier on mobile devices and this theme does just that. If you try it on a mobile phone or small tablet you will see the off-canvas navigation on the left and the user menu (when you click on your name) on the right.

You'll notice that the navigation is now sticky, so it's available whenever you are posting rather than having to scroll right to the top of the page again. There are also floating up and down arrows available on the site to quickly navigate those long threads (e.g. PlayStation Store updates). There's also a current post navigation extra that appears on the right of the navigation bar (desktop only) which lets you navigate through posts in the thread.

Other highlights are:
  • Collapsible categories on the forum list (click on the minus symbol on the right of the brown category strip
  • Changes to the header (the logo isn't as big now on various devices)
  • Tweaked colour scheme to get rid of the orangey tones in some parts that didn't really work. We've changed to a complimentary colour palette
  • Sticky sidebar that partly stays in position during some of the scrolling on the forums list page, meaning there's no large gap at the bottom as their used to be
  • Changes to various icons including forum 'bubbles' and the buttons in the text editor
  • Side-by-side forums on the forums list
  • Links to the Senior Gamers Facebook and Twitter accounts at the bottom of the forums
@HaloJ and I have spent quite some time getting this sorted today and tweaked to use many of the same colours and features from the old theme. No doubt we haven't got everything quite right yet and so we'll probably make a few tweaks here and there in the coming days.

We hope you like it. Do let us know what you think. We are able to tweak things if necessary. :)

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would like to see the blue bar at the very top of the home screen (with your name on it), and the blue up/down arrows when your scrolling, be the same color as the dark brown elsewhere on the site, but I love it.
I tend to be overly critical, so it could just be me. :crazy:

Last edited:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Apart from a couple of colours that catch my eye, It works and looks really good on my tablet, All hail the Marlo!

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
On my user navigation I just get a long brown block with no details, whilst using my HTC phone

Otherwise looking good and seems more phone friendly

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee The chat works on my tablet tooo! :D

And I'm a notable member, In your face plebs!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
On my user navigation I just get a long brown block with no details, whilst using my HTC phone
Can you post a screenshot please? Also is that a Windows phone or Android?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Apart from a couple of colours that catch my eye, It works and looks really good on my tablet, All hail the Marlo!
Let us know any specifics, we can look at tweaking things which aren't right.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot please? Also is that a Windows phone or Android?
Android, and will upload image tomorrow morning as I've got to transfer it to pc

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm looking at options for the user nav bar/fast nav arrows. Its a tertiary colour that picks up through the site so can't just be matched to the normal bar without some extra tweaks. I'll get back with options in the week.

Abs

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Android, and will upload image tomorrow morning as I've got to transfer it to pc
Dropbox is a must for transferring stuff between your phone and PC. :D

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure @HaloJ OCD would have already picked up on them.
*snirk* I don't have OCD I just like to do everything the hard way. :P

I've found a nice contrasting colour to replace the Nav/Arrow blue. I alpha channelled a current colour and then calculated it's hex value and I hope you agree it's much more pleasing.

Abs

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

I've found a nice contrasting colour to replace the Nav/Arrow blue. I alpha channelled a current colour and then calculated it's hex value and I hope you agree it's much more pleasing.

Abs
I have no idea what you just said, But I like what you've done with the nav arrow colour.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Abs
@HaloJ, much better. Thanks.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I sort of agree with @Plaxinator, I fear change.

The old way worked fine with the phone and that was my usual way to visit the site. Saying that, all the work you have put in makes it look like the site has just undergone a Warframe update. So good work.

So, like @Skarpar and others "I'm easy". But thank you.

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looking good guys I like vermuch:bow::bow:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well done but sorry to say I don't like it.

It's like coming home to find someone has put green wallpaper up (I hate green)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Quite a radical change. I'll let you know after some useage. Nice bold fonts though.