New PSVR thread prefix

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Following a request by @The_Carpet_Frog for some organisation for PSVR games, I've now added a PSVR thread tag in the relevant forums. If a game supports PSVR you can now add the thread prefix (instead of PS4) when creating a thread about it.

I did look at possibly creating a separate forum for PSVR games. The issue with this is that the current forums are set up for genres (Shooting & Action Adventure, Role-Playing Games etc) and this would then split games of those genres into 2 different forums - the non-VR 'standard' forum and the PSVR forum. Also if a game is both for standard play and PSVR, which forum does it go in (it can't be in both!) So doing it this way with thread prefixes means games of the same genre stay in the appropriate forums.

Of course this does mean that PSVR titles are spread across the forums but you can easily find them using a filter in a forum:

This will then show only those threads with that prefix:

Anyway let's see how this goes. If this isn't a good solution in the long run and a dedicated forum is better then this can be looked at again.

I've changed some threads already to the PSVR prefix. Moderators who find any threads that need the new PSVR prefix can change these themselves (ask me if you need a reminder on how to do this ;) ). For everyone else, if you find a thread that needs the PSVR tag, just report the first post in that thread to let us know and we'll change it. :)

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This also relies on people using the proper prefixes

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This also relies on people using the proper prefixes
It does. So does posting a thread in the correct forum. But as these forums require you to add a prefix then hopefully people will have a modicum of intelligence to choose the correct one. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bear in mind that some PSVR games have since gone "flat" also - ie Battlezone, Ultrawings, etc, so the PSVR prefix may dissuade some folks from trying them.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Think I'm having a PSVR night tonight BTW - got a buddy coming over with his gear, so if you're looking to team up in Firewall or similar, then give me a nudge!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bear in mind that some PSVR games have since gone "flat" also - ie Battlezone, Ultrawings, etc, so the PSVR prefix may dissuade some folks from trying them.
lol so have a bunch of PS4 games but they still get prefixed with PS4. ;) The prefix is to help folks identify PSVR titles (just as the other prefixes help folks identify titles for other consoles/mobile etc) so folks interested in them can check out the good and the bad stuff and those not interested at all can not read those threads. :)

Think I'm having a PSVR night tonight BTW - got a buddy coming over with his gear, so if you're looking to team up in Firewall or similar, then give me a nudge!
Another night, maybe. I shall be streaming tonight (probably The Division 2) as we've not yet sorted out our streaming setup for PSVR (but that will happen soon, hopefully!)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
lol so have a bunch of PS4 games but they still get prefixed with PS4. ;) The prefix is to help folks identify PSVR titles (just as the other prefixes help folks identify titles for other consoles/mobile etc) so folks interested in them can check out the good and the bad stuff and those not interested at all can not read those threads. :)

Another night, maybe. I shall be streaming tonight (probably The Division 2) as we've not yet sorted out our streaming setup for PSVR (but that will happen soon, hopefully!)
No worries.

X