New Minecraft books

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OXM said:
Official Minecraft books due this year

Four beginner's handbooks due in September, followed by an annual

Clearly aimed at introducing beginners to the blocky intricacies of Mojang's world, the first four handbooks will have the following titles: The Beginner's Handbook, The Redstone Handbook, The Combat Handbook and The Construction Handbook. These will be followed by a Minecraft Annual, poster book, and a magazine.

While those of you who know exactly how to go about surviving in a new world, killing Endermen and constructing Redstone circuits may not be particularly thrilled by the prospect of those how-to guides, David Riley, Managing Director of Egmont's licensed character division claims that "There really is something to satisfy both eager beginners and expert fans, with even more titles coming next year."
The handbooks are to be published by UK publisher Egmont, and have been written with input from both Mojang and dedicated fans. Aimed at children aged nine and up, these first four books will retail for £5.99.
Thought I'd share this. My daughters really excited about them, and I'd be curious to see if I can discover anything new too.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
They're a great idea for the kids for sure especially as stocking filler gifts. :1thumbup:

To save JK's my lazy arse hitting up Google do you have any links? ;)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nah not yet. I had a look on Amazon and theres stacks of books already. I'll post here when I find them

jonnywombat

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My boy would love these, he already watches more yogscast, and the like on youtube than normal tv. So anything to do with minecraft will be right up his street. :)

Personally, I'll stick to the wiki for any minecraft info I need, as books are likely to become outdated quite quickly.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Personally, I'll stick to the wiki for any minecraft info I need, as books are likely to become outdated quite quickly.
This will be the clincher they will release books as updates are released therefore making more money ;)