New media embedding - Twitch

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've now added media support for Twitch.tv. This means that you can add both Twitch.tv livestreams (channels) and video recordings (any recordings you save) in forum posts and the Media Gallery.

To add a livestream or recording, simply copy the URL and then use the Media button to add it to a post. In the Media Gallery, just paste the URL into the Embed a Video box.

I have set up an additional category in the Media Gallery called Twitch Livestreams. If you have set up a Twitch account, please add your livestream (channel page) there. Everyone can then watch you as you play from the comfort of the Senior Gamers website.

In the Media Gallery, any recorded Twitch videos can be added to the appropriate category. If more categories are needed, please let me know. :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Twitch has Android app. Just saying.
That's good to know as currently Twitch embedding uses Flash which isn't supported on mobile devices. Hopefully they will move to HTML5 embedding in the near future.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Going off this I'm planning on streaming some Blacklight later can peeps join to see if you can hear me and tell me if there is lag or if the quality is poor will be on just after 9pm.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I tried to view It using the Android app but it says I'm following no one, It showed a stream with @Jkrohn1 playing War thunder but when it told me to view it in the other tab nothing appeared so i gave up.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah 2 people had this issue, seems it might have been due to the PSN maintenance. Might try again tonight keep an eye on twitter.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It does work, and very well too. My son sat next to me and viewed my show on the tab. The quality was superb. I did a show for Killzone on Saturday and had a viewer. Not sure who it was, as they never typed any messages. Very off putting trying to play whilst someones looking at your gurning game face and awful game playing. I'm not the prettiest flower in the garden either, unlike @SHROUD ;), so coupled with nicking some of my screen, the whole live stream experience did mar my game time somewhat. I think I'll reserve it for Senior game nights now, unless anyone specifically requests to see a new game in action.