• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 New free multiplayer maps now available for Killzone Shadow Fall

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Full details on the three new stages, up for download now on PlayStation Store

A new batch of free maps for Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer and Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept are available now via PlayStation Store! Fight against the enemy team on the new “The Statue” competitive multiplayer map, or co-operate with your friends on “The ATAC Tower” and “The Canal” co-op maps.

The Statue – competitive multiplayer map

After a cataclysmic explosion laid waste to their precious monument, the Helghast embarked on the massive task of reconstructing the Scolar Visari memorial statue and the adjacent armoury building. While the recreational wing of the facility is largely completed, the armory itself is still covered in scaffolding and building equipment.

Choose your base exit carefully on this map, as there are many different routes providing fast and easy access to all extremes of the combat area. The warren of interconnecting rooms will allow for clever flanking manoeuvres once you know your way around, and you can gain an additional advantage by maintaining control of the large mechanical doors.

The ATAC Tower – cooperative map

Perched inside the Helghast security wall, the ATAC Tower functions as a base for the ATAC drones patrolling New Helghan’s borders. The drones have proven to be an effective deterrent against Vektan invaders and Helghast defectors, so the VSA is sending in Intelligence Squad Alpha to secure the tower. Their orders are to establish an uplink and transmit the ATAC control codes back to HQ – but they’ll have to fight with their backs to the wall to hold off the Helghast forces converging on their position.

The Canal – cooperative map
Fallen into disuse after the New Helghan government abandoned hydroelectric power, the Canal has become an overgrown riverbed filled with discarded junk and debris. A key VSA informant used one of the abandoned treatment facilities along the banks as a hideout before disappearing, so now it’s up to Intelligence Squad Alpha to send the collected intel back to Vekta. But it won’t be easy – Helghast security has discovered the hideout as well, and they’ll do anything to prevent Alpha from establishing an uplink.

Enjoy the new maps, and make sure to try them with the new clan functionality and added Intercept game modes introduced in Patch 1.5! Let us know what you think of the maps on the official Killzone forums, and keep an eye on Killzone.com for more exciting news in the coming weeks!

Please note that you need Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept (add-on expansion or standalone version) to play The ATAC Tower and The Canal.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I cant find these on the store? Do you need that add on to download these?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I cant find these on the store? Do you need that add on to download these?
Ive got the add on pack and I still couldnt find the maps. Ah well, highly unlikely I'll play this again anyway.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have to play it, I love killzone and I hope the elitist barstewards I have encountered in my first few games have left to play something else.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I need to get back on Killzone.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm going to assume these maps have been added to an update so no purchase is required as I still can't find them on the store.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I must of missed these maps, been so busy on Destiny I forgot about Killzone. I'll have to get back on Killzone to do more co-op and competitive.

Thanks for the update.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What is Co op mode like on Killzone and howmany players is it? I love PVE coop makes teamwork more rewarding.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What is Co op mode like on Killzone and howmany players is it? I love PVE coop makes teamwork more rewarding.
Its not what I hoped for. Its the basic multiplayer game where you capture control points, except the other team are bots. I was hoping for some story co op. Oh well. Its only 4 players too,

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still sounds enjoyable with a few peeps having a mess about.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm up for a change and am happy to give this game another bash if anyone wants to play one night.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yea the co-op isn't too bad but it's not as good as it was in Killzone 3 :)