• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

[Mon 1 Sep 20:30] Open to Suggestions

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The lady-friend is away to The Stand to spy on the competition (she's a comedian & writer by job description) as she has a gig coming up in a couple of weeks, therefore I'm being left to babysit & enjoy of another bit of me-time.

The girls WILL be in bed a bit earlier this time as they have school the following day, so I'm hoping to boot up at the back of 8pm & indulge in a bit of online - will anybody else be around & if so, what do y'all fancy?

PS remember I'm still on the PS3!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's likely to be Diablo 3 (or maybe Warframe) for me @HaloJ so unfortunately we won't be able to join you. If only you had a PS4. ;)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's likely to be Diablo 3 (or maybe Warframe) for me @HaloJ so unfortunately we won't be able to join you. If only you had a PS4. ;)
Once I've paid for a divorce, bought a new rendering machine & cleared my 20k of debts so I can feed the new family then I'll be happy to join you! ;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Put me down as a maybe. I shall be in sole charge of a 4 year old who will hopefully be in bed by 7pm but sometimes she tries to give that kid from The Exorcist a run for her money. I was thinking of taking my PS3 rather than PS4 over to my sisters anyway for my 3 nights and 4 days of intense babysitting torture.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You'll never notice an additional £350 added to all of that. ;)
Lol - true @Martok & trust me, I'm well jeal!
Fingers crossed I manage to sell the old gaff before Christmas.

Put me down as a maybe. I shall be in sole charge of a 4 year old who will hopefully be in bed by 7pm but sometimes she tries to give that kid from The Exorcist a run for her money. I was thinking of taking my PS3 rather than PS4 over to my sisters anyway for my 3 nights and 4 days of intense babysitting torture.
Nice one @Plaxinator & good luck! I'll be around throughout but will most likely be watching films & sneaking in the odd bit of Vita play. Am hooked to Fez at present!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lol - true @Martok & trust me, I'm well jeal!
Fingers crossed I manage to sell the old gaff before Christmas.

Nice one @Plaxinator & good luck! I'll be around throughout but will most likely be watching films & sneaking in the odd bit of Vita play. Am hooked to Fez at present!
If you think of anything in particular let me know before Sunday as I'd need to download it at mine (my sister has shit internet). I quite fancy something like NFSMW so I'll take that disc with me anyway. BF3 I'll bring too and Dead Nation is already on my PS3.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ok dok - I'll have a quick rummage tonight / tomorrow, but unless I hear otherwise I'd happily go with those. Far Cry 3 co-op & Burnout Paradise are good too but I'm more likely to opt for NFSMW or the other 2, having bizarrely platinum'ed these!

Oh - just remembered Mass Effect 3 was a hoot last time we played & is 4 player co-op.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
ok dok - I'll have a quick rummage tonight / tomorrow, but unless I hear otherwise I'd happily go with those. Far Cry 3 co-op & Burnout Paradise are good too but I'm more likely to opt for NFSMW or the other 2, having bizarrely platinum'ed these!

Oh - just remembered Mass Effect 3 was a hoot last time we played & is 4 player co-op.
Ah yes, Mass Effect 3 will still be on me PS3 too!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had a quick look through my games. ME3 (& TLOU if there are 4 players only) would be my only additions to the original suggestions.

(I'm guessing the vanilla PS3 edition of Diablo 3 is pretty much dead in the water now!)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had a quick look through my games. ME3 (& TLOU if there are 4 players only) would be my only additions to the original suggestions.

(I'm guessing the vanilla PS3 edition of Diablo 3 is pretty much dead in the water now!)
I don't have TLOU or Diablo 3 on PS3 onlyPS4

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
So just myself & @Plaxinator (maybe)?

I know @Plaxinator is more than enough to handle but ME3 really benefits from more players!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry mate not got a PS3 anymore.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Once I've paid for a divorce, bought a new rendering machine & cleared my 20k of debts so I can feed the new family then I'll be happy to join you! ;)
Seems like you have something to spend your money on zoob... :think:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry mate not got a PS3 anymore.
I'm guessing D3 PS4 is all that you need!
With FC4 incoming, why leave the house?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Seems like you have something to spend your money on zoob... :think:
Aye. Met the wife yesterday to discuss decorating & selling the beach pad so hopefully that'll happen this year.

My immediate priority is a new render machine though - A/V stuff is starting to pick up in the windy 'Burgh & now that the ladies (g'friend & the Krays) are all getting into a routine and I'm back off the grog (fell off the wagon last weekend), I should have a bit more spare time/headspace.

Must. Avoid. Elite. Dangerous. ;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry @zoob @Pezza1971 & @farfromsane I give up. Think my sisters internet is a bit shite and doesn't like GTAV. Keeps just freezing on the load screen. Since I have a telly I'm going to watch New Tricks "live"

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Good games all & sorry @Pezza1971 - didn't mean to cut you off mid-conversation!

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sorry @zoob @Pezza1971 & @farfromsane I give up. Think my sisters internet is a bit shite and doesn't like GTAV. Keeps just freezing on the load screen. Since I have a telly I'm going to watch New Tricks "live"
No worries. I’m supposed to have a great internet connection and I kept getting booted. It was funny watching Pezza and Zoob trying to get 4 ATV’s