• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Mobile them top and bottom of post buttons

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is there any chance of getting a to top and to bottom button put on the mobile theme? I have got a new contract with unlimited data so use my phone more now. I just hate thumbing up a thread and accidentally clicking a link and having to mess around getting back to the bottom or top of threads.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is a possibility that I could add this. However, before I look into it, can I check that you are aware of the following?

1. Clicking on the thread title of a thread with new posts in it will take you to the first unread post
2. Clicking on the date/time in the last message column will take you to the last post in a thread

upload_2014-4-17_9-29-9.png

3. At the bottom of a thread, there is the same breadcrumb trail for navigation as at the top of the page

upload_2014-4-17_9-33-4.png

Admittedly if you want to use the New Posts link or any of the others then you do have to scroll to the top of the page.

So, are these navigational items/functions sufficient, or do we need scroll to top/scroll to bottom floating buttons?

Let me know what you think. :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Admittedly if you want to use the New Posts link or any of the others then you do have to scroll to the top of the page.

So, are these navigational items/functions sufficient, or do we need scroll to top/scroll to bottom floating buttons?

Let me know what you think. :)
This is how I view, so the floating buttons would suit me better but maybe a community vote would be better then a single user request.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has noticed but in the very far bottom right, there is a bit that says "contact us, help, home, top" if you click on top it takes you back up to the top of the page.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has noticed but in the very far bottom right, there is a bit that says "contact us, help, home, top" if you click on top it takes you back up to the top of the page.
Unfortunately that link isn't available on a mobile phone. Responsive design works by hiding some stuff on narrower widths and unfortunately this is one of them.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Unfortunately that link isn't available on a mobile phone. Responsive design works by hiding some stuff on narrower widths and unfortunately this is one of them.
I generally use my mobile. Rarely, I am home & the laptop now but that's due to me only getting in a few hours ago!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I generally use my mobile. Rarely, I am home & the laptop now but that's due to me only getting in a few hours ago!
Would you find top and bottom buttons useful?

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
They'd come in handy for the PS store update thread, it takes ages to scroll to the top of that one on a phone :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
They'd come in handy for the PS store update thread, it takes ages to scroll to the top of that one on a phone :)
Aye, that is a long thread. If it's only useful for that, I could just post a new thread for each week? But if it's useful for other threads then I'll look at adding something.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Generally it isn't a massive issue but as @HERMAN_JELMET pointed out, the update thread is particularly problematic - especially at it has lots of links.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, I do find the Bargain thread and PS Store update threads particularly bad, but I've started taking my iPad to work with me and tethering that so I can just to that bottom right top thing now.