• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Missions

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't get it! Is there something I've missed?

I keep setting missions and nearly all get declined, why would people do that?
Could understand if you had to pay but you don't (I think)
Just seems a bit of fun that no one can be bothered with

That said, there was a 80% take up on here on one I setup but it's mainly my work mates and Facebook friends....

Does anyone else bother with them?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I accepted your mission last night. I know @HaloJ had too. Shame that PSN and Battlelog were playing up and we didn't get to game much...

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The problem with missions is they're timed so short.

If you set up missions say on a saturday morning to give people the whole weekend to have a crack at it then you'd probably get a fair bit of take up.

That said...how does anyone know they've got a mission? Does the game notify you or does it rely on everyone actually using battlelog? I suspect the latter because as ever the developers forget that the vast majority of their userbase doesn't play on PC.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've no idea how they get notified, no ones ever set me a mission :)

Not sure if declining it means they have seen it or not, I assumed they had and had decided not to play

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I accepted your mission last night. I know @HaloJ had too. Shame that PSN and Battlelog were playing up and we didn't get to game much...

I got chucked out of the game last night and couldn't get back in, I saw you and halo both in the menu rather than the map we was in so I assumed we had all got booted

No way to treat a senior is it ;)

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Missions are also limited to max of 5 people, there is no notification that I am aware of apart from you opening in game battleog and scrolling to mission screen.

It would be better if they had a platoon level missions and you could set it for a week or a month. Nice ikxdea just not well executed.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The lack of notifications or even the option to auto accept all invited missions is lacking and the 5 person limit is a complete oversite. The mission types I've also felt are limiting. No wonder they just gave the Premium members all the dogtags rather than forcing you to work for them.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No wonder they just gave the Premium members all the dogtags rather than forcing you to work for them.
I did not know that.

Can't see any good reason to do missions now unless they make them more integral for console gamers and a little more interesting

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I did not know that.

Can't see any good reason to do missions now unless they make them more integral for console gamers and a little more interesting
No nor me! I thought they were mission only tags

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't have the missions dog tags. You need to take part in the mission to obtain them, not win the mission.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't have the missions dog tags. You need to take part in the mission to obtain them, not win the mission.
Interesting, must have been a glitch. I've just checked Battlelog and they are not available. They were though as I had the right hand mission pistol equipped for quite a while.
:rant:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I might have been invited to missions but don't get notified so don't know about them. PM me on PSN next time and I'll accept. A few of us have done some missons but only as we were all playing together when they were set up