1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Minecraft

Discussion in 'Hardware & Other Games' started by HaloJ, 5 Aug 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    After Slaine posting about this a couple of times and a few friends of mine raving about it on Facebook I decided to take a look. I've only looked at the Classic (none survival) free PC version and the Pocket Edition Demo/Full version (survival mode).

What can I say? It's an utterly charming title.

The first time night set in and I was mobbed by zombies left me paranoid about being outside at night. So I chopped down a tree (with my stick) and dug a small hole to hide in. It was dark in there at first as I'd not yet discovered how to make charcoal and had not found any natural coal resources. After bashing away with some wooden tools I got to making a few essential items like the craft table and smelter after that. Yay stone tools rather than wood and finally a method to get charcoal so that I don't have to cower in the dark. :thumbup:

I've now got an extensive mine where I've been looking for resources. So far though, only coal. I do have a rather swish oak floored two story cobblestone cottage complete with dormers (my Dads a builder). Although I nearly killed myself falling down a light shaft I'd dug for the mine which I'd forgotten to cap with glass.

Minecraft Pocket Edition whilst not as extensive as the PC or Xbox version does most certainly hold it's own with 0.3.2a. The inclusion of the smelter for creating advanced materials is a great addition. It's just unfortunate that the current demo verson is only version 0.2. Personally I very much enjoy the survival mode, which is similar to the creative mode just with added monsters and a noose around your neck. :? I can most certainly see why Slaine's kids enjoy pottering about with the creative mode and Andy's daughter Jess was even building her own 'little' house on top of a hill.

Abs

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    My daughter loves this game so much she wants her own Xbox. Well shes getting mine while I have a nice 250GB slim model!! :D

[​IMG]

This is an exact replica of my house that I made within Minecraft. Well, Im not surrounded by water and my chimney isnt on fire, but its all made to scale. I even got the girls bunk beds in too, although theres no way to make a mess in Minecraft. :roll: :lol:

Check out some of the creations on Youtube. Some of the creations are just staggering.

3. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    My god! :o

I thought my little cottage was ace! Although I did mine and create all of the materials used whilst fending off hordes of zombies in survival mode. I'll see if I can get a picture of it once I work out how to snapshot the screen on Android gingerbread.

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ive got a house way above the clouds too, You can pour a bucket of lava down the side and hey presto youve got a perpetual volcano on the side of you house. Very useful for finding your way home, as obviously it lights up in the dark and of course keeps the monsters away.

5. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET

The only way to do It on Gingerbread Is too root It and install a screenshot app.

6. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Does the mobile app sync with other version, Is it cross compatible? Is It multiplayer?

7. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Mobile version doesn't sync with the full version but it is multiplayer. I think the limitation is 5 players though. My handset is rooted so I'll install a screenshot app. :thumbup:

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Screenshot app installed. All permissions banned. Shake to take failed so did a take in 5 seconds timed shot.

The results are my current minecraft survival mode abode

It's a fairly bleak piece of country side with a frozen lake and snow covered slopes behind me and hills leading to the worlds smallest beach to the right. The beach is even smaller after I mined the hell out of it to make glass. The little flowered area on the right is the marker for where my mine entrance began before I had the resources to make the house.

Some more details on the Pocket Edition is that sky detail is not yet implemented. So no sun, stars, moon or clouds. The only attacking mob at the moment is zombies. Beds aren't currently available but will be coming in the next version according to a recent tweet by the author but it's still a top and addictive little game.

Attached Files:

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Nice screenshot. My daughter is such an addict she made her nan buy Minecraft on the iPhone so she can play it round when she sees her nan.

10. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    That's basically the version I'm playing as well. Minecraft Pocket Edition which I'm very impressed with. More so that after seemingly abandoning the project they've picked it up and are updating it again. :thumbup: Although I play it in none fancy graphics mode but it does do the fancy trees etc as seen in the shot of your house just it's more CPU hungry.

11. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    In no way whatsoever should you download this program or download this file, And you certainly shouldn't extract and then run that file either! It's naughty!!

:grandpa:

And don't enjoy It!!!!!

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    That does look naughty

13. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    It Is.

*I haven't done It.

*May contain lies

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I finally managed to find some iron ore which I smelted into iron ingots (Skyrim has nothing on this game) and then deftly made a pair a sheers. Initially I used the sheers to trim a few local trees and used the cut offs to form a delicate hedge around the house to keep the zombies at bay.

The following day I set off exploring looking for the sheep that I'd heard bleating so that I could sheer them for wool. I was a little over zealous in my exploring and ended up out in the wilderness in the dark. I made a dash for home but fell foul of a zombie that had breached the house defences. I was down to 2 health as I embedded an axe in it's head. Slamming the doors I could still hear their moaning calls from outside.

Can you see the beedy eyes pearing in through the window? :shock:

Attached Files:

15. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Herm what's the min spec for this game? I might be naughty*

*May contain truth

16. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
  17. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Think of that as more of an extended demo

18. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    It's got a good scaling system. For instance I turned off "fancy graphics" on the mobile version to give it a bit more oomf and not kill my battery as much.

If you do find you like the "extended pc demo" then please do support the developers as it's not an expensive program to buy.

19. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
  20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I have just tried the pe demo does the full pe have a save function? Would hate to build a castle for it just to go away? :lol: