• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Minecraft is out right now!!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And theres a stack load of new features and trophies. It looks really pretty too.:woot::dance2::dance::gamer::yahoo::greeting:

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pretty? Minecraft isn't about being pretty,we need less pixels! :D
Probably not getting this. Haven't touched it for a while on the PS3 and with Diablo and the upcoming Destiny & Dragon Age: Inquisition I fear I already lack the time.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Bought and installed. :)

Anyone transferred a save yet? Presumably you copy it across on a USB stick?

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Great! Will get it tomorrow!:crazy:

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
what the hell i got charged for it twice

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't see the appeal myself. There's no story or objectives per se and I'm easily bored.
Not knocking anybody's personal preference here (Lordie knows space sims don't appeal to the great unwashed) but I do agree. I was watching the twins watching some sort of Barbie or Sindy cartoon yesterday, thinking why not play with the toys & make your own story? That said, I'm a massive LEGO nerd so there's the "it's just not LEGO" aspect but again, I'm not a fan of the digital LEGO either. HOWEVER! I've yet to trample on any LEGO or dolls left lying around by the girls so maybe, just maybe there's something to an electronic equivalent...

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS I hope the above doesn't stray into that "anti-" territory discussed previously. I'm hoping I put a mature perspective over, rather than just saying "it's %$&£"?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't see the appeal myself. There's no story or objectives per se and I'm easily bored.
Actually that's where you are wrong. :P

The main aim of course is to survive, and part of that is being creative in what you can construct. It's actually quite educational (and has been used in some schools) - it takes a lot of thought and planning to create some of the complex structures you can easily find with a Google search. It's much more than basic Lego too, you have to create tools, potions, food and there are various blocks to power and control things.

Survival mode does have a final objective, which is to defeat the Ender Dragon in the Nether world.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS I hope the above doesn't stray into that "anti-" territory discussed previously. I'm hoping I put a mature perspective over, rather than just saying "it's %$&£"?
Well I certainly haven't took offence!! I wouldnt say Minecraft is an acquired taste, its gaming crack. A bit of time spent playing it will draw you in indefinitely. I still get excited about finding diamonds despite having played this on the 360 and ps3 for ridiculous lengths of time.
The vita version is going to be free for all owners of a version. No release date as of yet @HERMAN_JELMET but its very very soon.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having owned the PS3 version I just 'bought' the PS4 version and It cost me nothing, Evdn the plastic texture pack I bought on PS3 transferred over nice and free too.

@zoob when i first heard of minecraft i thought it was a silly kids game but it iz quite a lot of fun, Give it a bash (see what I did there?) :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having owned the PS3 version I just 'bought' the PS4 version and It cost me nothing, Evdn the plastic texture pack I bought on PS3 transferred over nice and free too.
Are you sure you didn't just pick up the trial version? There were two when I looked, one free and one for £3.69. I installed the free one in the hope it was indeed free but when I loaded it it had an option to unlock the full game. I then bought the full version.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok ths email receipt says full game trial but my downloads list says game unlock purchased and i dont have the option to buy it.

Ive not started it on my PS4 yet so maybe it'll give an indication then.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Martok ths email receipt says full game trial but my downloads list says game unlock purchased and i dont have the option to buy it.

Ive not started it on my PS4 yet so maybe it'll give an indication then.
Strange. Well when you run the game on the PS4 you'll know if it's the trial or not. If it isn't then well done. :)

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My mature perspective is its %$&£ :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm sure it's not %$&£ but it's definitely not something that grabs my fancy. @Martok 's use of the words "creative", "educational", "thought", "planning" & "complex" pretty sum up *why* it is a game that I will not be getting.