The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

XBOne Microsoft's next Xbox will take over your TV

Discussion in 'XBox Hardware & Other Games' started by Martok, 11 Apr 2013.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Source: GamesIndustry

I'm not sure I like the idea of this. Do I really want a console adding 'extras' to my viewing experience? As for controlling what you watch by detecting eye movement from multiple users, that could be interesting, changing channels or pausing because of blinking too many times?! Saw a friend's camera at the weekend that detected blinks and prevented you taking a picture when it saw this. Needless to say we (well, Halo actually ;) ) had fun with this feature and no group photos were taken... :lol:

2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Interesting stuff that shows what Microsoft truly excel at, some good innovation there.

I'm not sure I like the idea of it pausing if you look away, but i'm sure that's more of a showcase/concept than something that would actually be implemented and certainly wouldn't be forced implementation.

To me it looks like Sony is playing it safe, going for the "stock" interfaces of controller with motions controls and a dual camera system, PC is as ever going to be pure performance with no innovation and Microsoft look to be going fully into the innovation route...which may not pay off all that well for them, but on the other hand look at how well the Wii did with casual gamers (i.e. console sales, not games sales) just because of a badly implemented motion detection system!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice