XBOne Microsoft prices Xbox One games from £45 to £55

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Online store taking pre-orders for upcoming titles

Microsoft has updated its online store front with new prices for its Xbox One games.

Prices range from £49.99 for games such as Capcom's Dead Rising, Bungie's Destiny and Respawn's TitanFall, to £54.99 for FIFA 14, Ubisoft's Watch Dogs and UFC.

The titles are currently available for pre-order on the store and list a delivery option, suggesting the prices are for a physical version of the game that will be sent to customers, as opposed to a code to digitally download the game through the Xbox Live marketplace.

On September 4 Microsoft announced it will allow customers to trade in select Xbox 360 titles for their Xbox One equivalents for $10 across Microsoft stores (similar deals for the UK have begun at select retailers).

Games included in the promotion are: Battlefield 4, Madden NFL 25, Need for Speed Rivals, Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14, FIFA 14 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

The Xbox One release date has been confirmed as November 22, 2013. The console will launch in 13 markets including North America, UK and Australia simultaneously.

Source: CVG

Not sure why the title says the lowest price is £45 when the prices actually start at £49.99.

I'm hoping that these are just the XBone store prices and actual retail prices will be lower. No doubt Sony will have the same pricing. Anyway, it looks like we'll be paying a few quid more for next gen games.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm hoping that these are just the XBone store prices and actual retail prices will be lower. No doubt Sony will have the same pricing. Anyway, it looks like we'll be paying a few quid more for next gen games.
I'm sure that these will be the RRP and that you'll be able to pick them up £5-£10 cheaper elsewhere.

I wouldn't count on Sony having the same pricing, although they have no control over the likes of EA I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do what they did last time and come in with their own games at a cheaper price and the others follow suit.

I recall EA trying to bump the RRP from £40 to something like £60 from Xbox1 to Xbox360, and they got away with it until the PS3 was released and Sony released all their games with an RRP of £40-£45.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with @ColSonders these will be rrp. So these will be the actual price on PSN as they sell them for rrp on there.