• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PC Microsoft HoloLens

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
this looks insane!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I want it just for Minecraft :D

Im gonna assume this is all just theory, if not goodbye TV hello Hololens

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Colour me dubious. All concept videos. It'll happen one day, just not yet.

I notice they say out in Windows 10 timeframe. So just before Windows 11 then?

And I'm with @Plaxinator here. After you with your finger.

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I never wanted to get to pro's and cons of windows 8,10,11...
It just looks amazing.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I noticed that they are offering a free upgrade to 10 for the first year, the only issue I have with this is that there is no mention of how much they will sting us for after the 1st year

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Always looks great in the adverts, by the time it hits the shops it will be feature poor , laggy and unresponsive, instead of looking like a cool hipster you will look like a blind druggy stumbling round your Iiving room, waving your arms at invisible object swearing like a Glaswegian tramp because the damn thing won't do what you want it to.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lets all walk around our living rooms looking like complete twats :geek:

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
..you will look like a blind druggy stumbling round your Iiving room...
Thats already the case, so no objections in that sense:D

Just the idea, being able to integrate software visuals into your real life surroundings in 3D. Man, the numerous possibilities this will bring!
This will be a 'decent' consumer product someday.. I'm a patient person

The only problem for me would be, I would wear them all day long!:oldgamer:

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just need to reduce the overall size down so that it is more like the Google glass project.

This should open up so much potential for the games industry, imagine projecting the cockpit of car or space ship around your controller setup.

@Acegadgets won't need all those monitors anymore to play Elite

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you can point me in the direction of any motion control device that works sufficiently well to replace keyboard, mouse or controller, then I shall give a more positive response to another supposedly world changing control gizmo

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you can point me in the direction of any motion control device that works sufficiently well to replace keyboard, mouse or controller, then I shall give a more positive response to another supposedly world changing control gizmo
We're already getting there with tablets and mobiles that use touch and voice control. Technology is ever improving and what may be a pipe dream could become reality.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you wait long enough it will come to pass, like holidays on the moon and cybernetic helper monkeys, but being dead I won't worry too much about practical applications.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you wait long enough it will come to pass, like holidays on the moon and cybernetic helper monkeys, but being dead I won't worry too much about practical applications.
It might come quicker than you think. The Internet as we know it was invented in our lifetime. Smart phones have effectively come to fruition in the last decade.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any good augmented reality things yet, just some silly games, so I welcome more development in this direction, Microsoft or not. Others will follow if they get something going.
But for now, I'm just hoping Sony would hurry up with project Morpheus.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I noticed that they are offering a free upgrade to 10 for the first year, the only issue I have with this is that there is no mention of how much they will sting us for after the 1st year
Apparently nothing, it's just free, mind they have still left this open with the comment "for the life of your device"?

More info can be found [here]