The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS4 Media Molecules' Dreams will let you build and share your own PSVR games

Discussion in 'PlayStation Hardware & Other Games' started by Martok, 9 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    But no filth.

According to new details published in games magazine Edge, Media Molecules' astonishingly ambitious PS4 title Dreams will let players create and share their own PSVR games.

Late last year, Sony confirmed that Dreams would include "limited" PSVR support, but Edge's new cover feature (as spotted by Reddit) is more specific. It states that Create mode - the portion of Dreams that lets players build environments and objects, and turn them into game-like experiences - will be fully compatible with PSVR. As such, not only will it be possible to create VR experiences, other people's virtual reality dreams will be playable too.

However, the magazine reiterates earlier reports that VR support won't be available at launch, but will instead arrive "at some point in the future".

Edge also notes that Media Molecule has plans in place to prevent creations featuring graphic violence or sexual content from being shared online. Algorithmic curation, Sony's tools, and a "willing community" will be key to keeping things clean, it says.

Curtailing the dedicated efforts of online filth-wizards is notoriously difficult, of course. Consider the ill-fated Lego Universe - an online construction game for PC that ultimately collapsed under the weight of its user-generated dongs.

Media Molecule's long-awaited Dreams is set to release later this year, dong-free.

zoob likes this.
  2. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    This is VERY exciting news. I'd been considering splashing out on a PS4 Unity license for a while (it'd been free for most other platforms, including XBox) but Unity have now changed to a subscription basis, which is less attractive. If the creation tools are as flexible as LBP2, I'm well interesting in this. Great find @Martok

Martok likes this.
  3. Grooooog

Grooooog Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Grooooog360
    I already installed Unity, but never got around trying it out. But that game sounds more like a PSVR LBP thing.

4. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    If you've already installed it, it'll be an older version and probably still license-free.
    That said, Unity is being constantly updated and the official support is generally for the newest version.

Still excited for this - would like something a little less vague for the release date though "2018".

5. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Dreams in action at the GDC.

IamNumber6 and Martok like this.
  6. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice