• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Medal Of Honor Warfighter

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I had to replace my PS3 recently and I bought my dads off of him for 50 quid with 17 games, one of those games was Black Plops. Now I have never played any of the "fish-based-shooting" games but thought Id try it seeing as I had it. How people can think its better than BF3 I dont know. I thought it was a load of plop.

Anyway back on topic, I have been playing the SP this afternoon and I think its great, really liking it so far.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
mick said:
I had to replace my PS3 recently and I bought my dads off of him for 50 quid with 17 games, one of those games was Black Plops. Now I have never played any of the "fish-based-shooting" games but thought Id try it seeing as I had it. How people can think its better than BF3 I dont know. I thought it was a load of plop.

Anyway back on topic, I have been playing the SP this afternoon and I think its great, really liking it so far.
Plus 1, Good story and good graphics making SP very good so far.

Also been on M P for a few hours and although I am dying a lot, I am liking this, could get into it IF it dosen't turn out like COD and Uncharted where the good players dominate the game making it hard for the not so good to have an enjoyable experence.
You get 2 days of free online play , after that you have to redeem your code. haven't redeemed it yet in case I am plagued with the lag that I get on battlefield.
Might just keep registering new PSN accounts to get 2 days freeplay for a week to see if there are any problems with the multiplayer side.
It feels very much like a battlefield game with the frostbite engine. some of the maps remind me of the COD world at war ones , but a bit bigger.
There are a few modes to play. I've been on the capture the flag type where you get a north, central and South point to hold. Switched to Hotspots which is where the attackers have 5 sites that MAY be the one to attack, you go there and wait until one of them is designated as the bomb site, You then have to activate the bomb and defend it. If you are a defender then you are told which site to defend from the beggining. Pretty hard to explain but it seems to work well.
I did get a few laggy problems around 6 pm, but they soon went away. I think it was probably due to server overloaded with lots new peeps logging on and trying out the game for the first time.
I created the battlelog SNR platoon, just in case someone got our clan tag but haven't set anything up in it as yet.
Sent Mick an invite, I would like to test the comms with you and see what its like playing with a buddy who you know. Will send JK and anyone else a platoon invite if and when they get the game.
Battlelog is looking good, but the nations thing takes forever to load up, so steer clear of it.
Will put a bit of a review up after i've played a bit more, but first impressions are good.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like I will get mine Monday night now as I'm on night shift and Royal Fail didn't deliver it today :(

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Royal mail do deliver on saturdays . You never know.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
One thing about the SP campaign

(A bit of a spoiler - dont look if you dont want to know. oooh are ya tempted :D)

There are 2 driving sections in it. Whilst they are OK I didnt think that they were needed in the game. I dont buy a FPS to do driving and I felt that these 2 sections could have been covered by a couple of cut scenes.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Get everything se t to my work so Defo won't get both today :(

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Glad the reviews are wrong. They ALL seem to be slating it. The IGN review was scathing, but they forever talk bollocks. I dont agree with ANY of their reviews. Ive played multiplayer and I liked it. Theres supposed to be a 2GB patch for the 360 version, which sounds like theyve rushed this out to avoid missed date penalties.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
Looks like I will get mine Monday night now as I'm on night shift and Royal Fail didn't deliver it today :(
We should create a club called "The Royal Mail Failed Me". I haven't received my copy yet either, although he did deliver my copy of Borderlands 2.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wait so your jess :D twitter told me this already ;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
LOL, did you only just make the connection :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Plaxinator said:
Jkrohn1 said:
LOL, did you only just make the connection :D
Yes, it's not because I'm slow or anything honest ;)

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thought it was this thread (didnt see it though) that someone was complaining about spawning in weird places. Looks like its been sorted.

Hey everyone! We released a new server update today across all platforms to alleviate some minor gameplay issues; this update should now be rolled out across all Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 servers. Note that PC server updates are still rolling out. If your server has not been updated yet, please contact your RSPs (Ranked Server Provider).
•Addressed spawning issues on Multiplayer maps where the user was spawning incorrectly and occasionally falling through the ground
•Player should no longer see stat discrepancies for Double XP
•Balanced Matchmaking so teams are now more even in numbers from the start of the match
•Fixed the Blackhawk gunner exit bug

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Fingers crossed mine will finally be here tomorrow, a little pissed off I haven't had it to play this weekend not that I have had much time to myself.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You get 2 days online free without using your online code. My 2 day trial expired on sunday.
I then pressed ,"start 2 day trial" again and i got another 2 days to try it. My rank is still about 18 , so it looks like you can just keep on renewing the 2 day trial without having to use up the code. I am going to keep doing this as the unused code keeps the used price of the game quite high.
I started a battlelog clan but haven't done much with it as yet. Waiting for the masses of SNRS to join up. I am curently top of the leaderboard .
You also gain points for just playing the game which go to a "Warfighter nations" league table. I selected my country as Bhutan (they have a nice flag)thinking I would be the only one from that country playing it , but there is another Bhutanese person out there somewhere and jointly we are 177th / 193rd in the world. :woot:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Finished the campaign yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Some of the SP trophies are going to need a bit of practice. :crazy:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cant wait till Xmas.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Still not here :( cant believe I have to wait 28 days to put in a claim, although I'm gonna milk it as much as possible. Shopto.net do I pre order promise and if you don't receive it before release they give you £5 (tracked only) and as a pre order you get a limited edition tin which won't be available in 28 days so milky milky lol

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Mine arrived today. I've only played the intro bit so far as I now have to watch New Tricks but from what I've played it is awesome. Somebody even slated the graphics on Twitter. I think the graphics are bloody fantastic myself!